Chapter 1
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

 

"The world of Teran'Va is a world of many races that you must choose from. There are elves, dwarves, humans, demons, gnomes, beastkin, or monsters. The world of Teran’Va is also overrun by monsters and dangerous beasts. The few countries that exist rarely start wars with each other preferring to defend against the many monsters that roam the land and sea. As such the Adventurer’s Guild is highly respected by the masses.”

 

After listening to Ayana’s explanation of the new world I will be born into, it seemed like a dangerous place but I was excited to finally be able to live in a world that's like all the stories I used to write about. And about the races I’ve always liked the elves though they always seemed stuck up in most stories or just wanted to be left alone in their forest. Hopefully these elves aren't as stuck up or racist against the other races.

 

“I think I’ll try being an elf if possible. I also want black hair and pale green eyes.” After saying this Ayana rested her head on her hand and seemed to be thinking.

 

“Ok so of the elves that live on Tevan’Va there are a few different tribes or villages to choose from. The first is the most social of the elves the Beast Tamers. They live in a small city of druidic people who love nature inside the Beast Kingdom. When the elven children are around 5 they are to go into the forest and find their beast partner or partners. Most only have one partner while those who have more than one are said to bear a god's mark on their chest.

 

The next tribe is the Tundra tribe. They live a mostly nomadic lifestyle in the cold northern lands of the Beast Kingdom. They consist of mostly hunters and barbarians with some said to have mixed blood with Giants. These elves are said to be the tallest of all elves ranging from 6 feet to 7 feet on average. The elven children are expected to go on their first hunt at the age of 10 and are trained to fight from a young age.

 

The Sea Tribe lives in the Misty Sea as a peaceful people ruled by no country. They sail the Misty Sea as both fisherman and Pirates to those looking to invade the otherwise peaceful sea. They make for excellent sailors and aren’t considered an adult until your first voyage on the Misty Sea.

 

The Mountain Elves in the Hammer Mountains are considered by most other elven people to be battle hungry elves. Each elf when they learn how to write are to keep a book on them at all times to write down all their fights and consider their death in battle to be the best way to die so most other races and elves employ the Mountain Elves for the rare wars that do occur in Teran’Va.

 

Then there are two rival desert elf clans that mostly consist of assassins. The rival clans have been fighting each other for the past few hundred years only stopping to kill monsters that threaten both clans and even then they go back to killing each other as soon as the monster is dead. Both clans train their young in mixing poisons and tracking people in the desert. The dessert they inhabit is called the Red Sands because of the bad blood between the two clans.

 

The final tribe live on a floating island ruled by dragons. The elves raise large birds and defend the island from attacking monsters by shooting arrows and magic from birds back as they fly. They are considered as one of the first countries to be formed on Teran’Va named after the first dragon to call the island home, Fregreft The Life Giver. In her honor the country is named Fregreft.”

 

After telling Orion about a few of the elven tribes he can be reincarnated into she yelled for Andrew to bring her some water.

 

Orion listening to her telling of the tribes and watching how she acted childish when she wanted something only had one thought about Ayana that she was a childish and lazy Goddess. After thinking this a few of the closer ghosts started to laugh and Ayana pouted at him.

 

“I am not childish!” yelled Ayana making more ghosts laugh.

 

“So you can hear my thoughts? And why didn’t you deny being lazy too?”

 

Ayana started to form tears on the corner of her eyes while pouting and drinking her water. Orion getting worried asked Andrew, “Is she going to be ok?”

 

“She’ll be fine, it's just she is often called childish by the other Gods and Goddesses. As she’s a new Goddess only a few million years old she bugged the reincarnation Gods to give her your soul to help her world develop.”

 

*Sigh* “Ok just reincarnate me to the Beast Tribe Elves and give me a system like in those other novels.”

 

Ayana looked away and said,”I can give a system but it will be a D&D inspired system since it's closely related to my domains. I will give you quests through your system to help develop my world and get them ready for when the space faring civilizations make it to Tevan’Va from Valens planet. Valen is a God of valor, battle, and adventure. So as long as his people aren’t attacked first by other countries it's unlikely that they will kill my people.”

 

After saying this Ayana picked up a nearby book and asked me to sign my name in it and afterwards I would be born in Teran’Va. After signing my name Ayana looked at me and said,”In your new life your memories will be sealed along with your system until the age of 5. And Orion this time try not to live like a hermit and make yourself a family.”

 

Finished talking to Orion Ayana closed the book and as soon as it closed Orion felt his soul being pulled below the floor and soon he was gone from the huge library of books and ghosts.

Once he was gone Andrew asked,”Are you sure it was alright to tell him that you got not only his soul but his sister’s family's souls too?”

 

“It's fine souls rarely remember their lives in the mortal planes and even if they do they are unlikely to meet one another. Now I’m going back to sleep. Andrew wake me when Orion’s old family dies.” After saying this Ayana curled up into a ball again and started to sleep.

 

On Teran’Va in a small Druidic village of a few thousand people a elven woman named Luna with pale white hair and ruby eyes was giving birth. Her husband Alexander was outside with the other men in his family talking while waiting to hear the cry of a baby. But every so often you could hear Luna screaming and cursing at her husband from inside. All the men and their beast partners looked at the youngest elf standing next to a bear.

 

“Alex it sounds like your wife is going to kill you after she finishes giving birth to your kid.” Causing all the men but Alex to laugh. Alex looked at his father and said,”Don’t you care about your son anymore.”

 

A few of the other men looked at Alex and smiled warily cause they went through the same thing after giving the old man grandkids. As soon as he had grandkids he pretended to stop caring about his sons. And on more than one occasion when they went to visit him with their kids he would look at sons after playing with the kids and ask them what they were still doing here.

 

“Alex, you should be quiet before Luna throws another knife through the wall.” As soon as Alex’s father said that a knife is lodged in the tree beside the men causing them to quickly be quiet. Shortly afterwards an old elven woman comes out of the house and grabs the knife then turns to the men and tells them to be quiet. Alex and a few of his brothers just nod to their mother and Alex’s dad just whistles while looking away.

 

Fifthteen minutes soon passed in complete silence before they heard a baby’s cry from inside the house. Alex’s mother came back outside and talked to Alex,”Alex everything went fine with the birth Luna and your kid is healthy. Go see them I will wait here with the others...oh and good luck with Luna.

 

Walking inside the house several knives could be seen embedded in the wall. Alex now had sweat running down his back. Looking in the open door way he could see his wife laying on the bed struggling to stay awake. Her face was covered in sweat with her pale white hair sticking to her face.

 

Luna seeing Alex said,”Hurry and name our son so I can go to sleep.” Alex looking at his wife's tired face quickly said,”His name shall be Albert dear. Albert Rosewood.” Luna, happy with the name, went to sleep as Alex was wiping the sweat from her face.

0