CHAPTER 13: REINCARNATION (3)
459 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking to Song Liuli on the phone, Bai Minglan heaved a sigh of relief. He wiped his face with his hands, his aura is that of someone who just had a heavy load lifted from his shoulders. He softly chuckled, yet he can’t stop the happiness he’s feeling. That soft chuckle transformed into a low grunt, which eventually became a bout of laughter.

If Gu Baicheng saw his boss like this, he’d probably question his boss’ sanity. After all, the Bai Minglan they knew doesn’t laugh like this.

Regardless, Bai Minglan doesn’t really care about it anymore. Just the thought that he is in the past and that things may be looking better for him makes him so happy he wanted to fly back to Country A and just stay by Song Liuli’s side. Of course, he can’t do that. Even if he wanted to think of nothing but Song Liuli, he knows that he can’t just drop everything right now.

At least, the things that he had wanted to know are now clarified in front of him. He is now more assured that Song Liuli is alive and that she knows him. It is also a relief for him that everything is as it was in his past life - Song Liuli is in love with him and that the two of them are now in a relationship.

With his knowledge of his past life, it should not be that difficult to live this life. The only thing that he will want to pay attention to this time though is his relationship and future with Song Liuli. In his last life, the thing that he regretted the most is that he didn’t treasure the time he had with the woman. He wasn't able to live up to the woman’s love for him. Thus, in this life, he promises to pamper her and spoil her. He will never let her go and he will make sure to take good care of her.

Once he’s made his decision, he is sure to go through with it.

Now, with a clear head, Bai Minglan knows what he should do. Before he can return, he should first close the deal with the military. This deal is one of the important deals that stabilized his company, Infinit Corp. Closing the deal might mean that he will get busy in the future, but he can’t just ignore it and fly immediately to Song Liuli’s side. After all, many people are relying on Infinit Corporation. More than that, if he is unable to expand the company, Song Liuli and him will suffer in the future once they decide to marry. He wouldn’t be able to pamper his woman if he doesn’t have the money for it.

Infinit Corporation, generally, is doing okay in its field. With the top-secret technology in its hands, even the military has to make a bid to be able to get a partnership with the said company. As the CEO of the company, Bai Minglan has to make sure to provide access to the right partners. He has to guard against those who have bad intentions as well. Doing so will ensure that his Infinit Corporation will reach the greatest heights possible for it as well as prevent his technology from falling into the wrong hands.

If he can remember correctly, this should be the year when he is negotiating the rights and value of his technology. At the end of the negotiation period, he will be selling a portion of the stocks to Country M’s military. When Country A, his home country, realized the value of his technology, they were already too late. After negotiating with him, Country A was able to wrestle a big chunk of stocks, although theirs is still much lesser than Country M and his own.

The discussion with Lieutenant General Hu Feng is just a preliminary interview. The Lieutenant-General will be asking him a few relevant questions toward the technology he is promoting. As long as he can discuss the technology fluidly, even if this event has happened a long, long time ago already and he may not remember exactly what they talked about, it should be a cinch to clinch the Country A’s military’s interest. After all, when it comes to his technology, no one else knows better about it than him.

After polishing off the meal and medicine in front of him, Bai Minglan then stood up to prepare for the meeting with the Lieutenant General. After a couple of minutes, he was already well-dressed. Once he is satisfied with his appearance, he then went out to fetch his male secretary who may be anxiously waiting for him by now. The time is almost eight after all.

Seeing his boss, Gu Baicheng’s relieved face was obvious for everyone to see. Bai Minglan was amused at this because the Gu Baicheng he remembers was the one who always has a poker face on. The two of them were quite similar in the past life and Bai Minglan thought it was his secretary’s natural face. It seems that Gu Baicheng’s stern face is just a front so as not to lose his boss’ face.

The two left the hotel through a rental car they’ve booked for their stay in Country M. It is a good thing that the driver knows his way around so they were able to reach their meeting place 15 minutes ahead of time. Gu Baicheng then led his boss to the private room where the discussion will take place.

By a stroke of luck, Bai Minglan and Gu Baicheng met with Lieutenant General Hu Feng’s party on the way to the private room. It seems that the other party arrived just a couple of minutes ahead of them. Thus, the two parties walked together while exchanging a bit of pleasantry.

Upon reaching the room, the secretaries of both sides took charge of ordering for them. Of course, since this isn’t a breakfast meeting or anything of the sort, they only ordered a pot of tea and some light refreshments. As they were already done with exchanging pleasantries earlier, it didn’t take long for them to delve into the main topic of discussion.

4