CHAPTER 17: MORNING AFTER
180 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Minglan amazingly slept without worries the whole night. He naturally woke up from his undisturbed sleep very early and the first thing he did was to feel the person who was supposed to be by his side. Coming up empty, he sat up from the bed lightning quick. His heartbeat quickly sped up in fear, as his mind went blank.

"Liuli?," he called out before scrambling out of bed.

Fortunately, upon going out of the room, Bai Minglan immediately heard movements from the kitchen. He felt himself calming down a bit, but still with a bit of a lingering fear. He stepped in that direction, just in time for Song Liuli to come out of the kitchen, holding a dish in each hand.

"You woke up," Song Liuli exclaimed upon seeing him. "Just in time. Sit and let's eat."

Bai Minglan walked closer to the table and saw that she had cooked his favorite dishes. Almost in an instant, Bai Minglan felt his stomach stinging in hunger. Good thing it didn't make a sound so he was still able to keep his dignity intact in front of his woman.

He sat down elegantly at the same time as Song Liuli. The latter immediately took over the serving spoon and started scooping a bowl of soup for him. The steaming soup smells so good so Bai Minglan immediately received the bowl and took a spoonful to his mouth.

“Be careful, it’s hot!” Song Liuli reminded him but it was too late. Bai Minglan felt the searing burn on his tongue. He hurriedly took the glass of water beside him to ease the burning sensation.

"Why are you so careless?" Song Liuli blamed him with a tinge of helplessness and concern.

Despite feeling the burn on his tongue, that didn’t stop him from being able to taste the food slightly. Glancing down at his bowl, he realized once again just how real this "second life" is to him.

"It's delicious," he praised, not hiding the pleasant upward curve of his lips.

"Really? Then you eat more." Song Liuli clipped a piece of meat and placed it in his bowl.

"You eat too." He returned her gesture without restraint.

"What plans do you have today?" He asked her.

"Well, I have an appointment with a friend in the afternoon." Song Liuli replied. "We'll just be going shopping and perhaps go to dinner. You?"

Bai Minglan thought of his schedule for the day and regretted that he didn't instruct Gu Baicheng to cancel all his appointments earlier. While his knowledge of the future developments of his company can ensure that things will mostly become successful for him, he can't rest on his past laurels if he wants to enjoy the same peak of success as he did in the past. He still needs to work hard, especially since his company is still in its growth phase

"I need to go to the office.", he responded sheepishly.

"Do you still need to go to the office today?" Song Liuli distressedly exclaimed. "You have just returned from a business trip and you're not even allowed a day off? Shouldn't you rest today?"

"There are still a lot of things to do to wrap up the negotiations." Bai Minglan responded, his smile never leaving his face. "I can leave most of the stuff to Gu Baicheng, but some papers will need my approval."

"I thought you can stay here longer today." Song Liuli disappointedly muttered under her breath while glancing at the clock. It's early in the morning and Bai Minglan has to reach the company at 9. Time's too short for them to be together!

"You've been away most of the time for the past three months. We haven't been spending time together!", she continued sourly in a soft voice.

"That's true.", he replied, pondering about the previous schedule he remembered.

Thinking back on how he arranged his schedule in his previous life to be filled with appointments every minute of the day, he reflected on how stupid he was.

At that time, he thought that he can't miss on the trend if he wanted to succeed in business so he spent most of his time running his company. He always thought that Song Liuli should understand because he was doing it for their future. However, it was too late when he realized that his priorities were skewed. No matter how busy one is, it's important to still spend precious time with loved ones because you never know when they'll be gone.

"What time will your appointment with your friend end?", Bai Minglan asked while scooping more rice for himself. "I'll come and pick you up."

"Do you even have the time to pick me up later?", Song Liuli raised her eyebrows with distrust.

Well, her distrust is understandable, considering the number of times Bai Minglan had to cancel plans at the last minute before.

"Yeah, I'll come pick you up." Bai Minglan nodded. "Let's go to the movies after."

"Really?? Awesome!", Song Liuli exclaimed with obvious joy in her voice. "I'm going to hold you to that, okay? You promised!"

She then stretched out her pinky finger and looked at Bai Minglan with a determined look on her face.

Bai Minglan looked at the outstretched finger with helplessness.

'Did I break too many promises this early in our relationship?', he thought to himself as he stretch out his pinky finger as well and interlocked it with his beloved woman's.

"Yes, I promise.", he said with a slight smile on his face. He then placed a kiss on top of their interlocked fingers to seal the deal.

'Really pretty...' he gushed inside when he saw the red blush spreading across Song Liuli's face.

 

2