Chapter 59 – Power of the Mortal
283 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Specria pushed the wreckages out of her way and crawled out of the crumbled watchtower. Her messy silver hair tangled with the fragmented stones, which scraped her skin. The blazing light from the outside world burnt into her pupils and formed a veil of blindness.

Though her power was ever so close to the Authority, Specia remained powerless against them. As she and her friends watched the Root Ceremony, a sudden ominous sensation gripped her heart. In an instant, the concealed power inside her soul erupted into a strange, ever-evolving formation.

It warmed her body and filled her with gentle familiarity. A blurry silhouette of Princess manifested in front of her, raising her hand to channel a speck of Divine Fons. With the power comparable to the Gods, Princess pulled Specria into the realm unreachable by the physical world.

After everything went black, Specria regained her consciousness. When she surveyed the surrounding, she found that the Holyground had turned into a wasteland, filled with corpses of humans and Elves and Spirits. Akin to stringless puppets, they laid on the ground with their heads detached from the bodies.

Specria turned around to see the bodies of her officers, her servants, her comrades, and her friends. Despite their far-reaching influence and power, their lives faded from existence just as easy as ants. Just a moment before, she was conversing with them, teasing them, and talking about the trivial yet significant banter.

"Ah . . . I shouldn't have invited you all. Damn it . . . ." Specria said as she gripped her hair and bent down, her mind submerging in her thoughts. Her soundless scream filled her lungs. Her hatred filled her mind.

"Little girl, your crying face screams 'hug me!' Why don't you stand up and let me heal you with my touch?" a lecherous, feminine voice rang.

Specria raised her head. Through her tearful pupils, she saw Permotir, the lady who was a member of the Board of Science. She pulled Specria upwards and embraced her. Her tight black dress and soft busts pressed onto Specria, giving her a bouncy sensation.

"There, there. Let Big Sister comforts you. Calm down, and everything will be all right," Permotir said, her voice turning melodious.

Specria struggled, but she was weaker than Permotir. Her mind became alerted as she channelled her Fons and pushed her palm forwards.

"How is Peritia? She must be glad to see you," Permotir said and let go of Specria. The palm missed her slightly.

"What are you saying?"

"I also think that the Fallen Princess hasn't fallen at all. The Great Races merely misunderstand her."

Specria stared at Permotir. "Are you siding with the enemy of The Empire? Treason is punishable by the extinguishment of the bloodline."

"If it can prove my resolution, then kill me."

Specria relaxed her body and adjusted her clothes. She turned to the lifeless bodies of her friends and stooped down, placing her torn hair over them. For a second, she remained unmoving, her mind wandering into the past which could never come back.

"If only I were an Authority, they wouldn't have died," she said.

"Specria, it isn't your fault, but if you feel unwell, I can hug you again." Permotir smiled and arched her back slightly, showing off her soft, bouncy breasts. Before she could flirt more, the other members of the Board of Science interrupted her.

"If you want to commit coition, do it somewhere private," Immodulus, the Founder of Bureau of Fons and Myths, said. Behind him, an android dressed in a maid uniform dusted his clothes before she walked to Specria and helped her.

Though Specria was surprised that all three of them survived the silent, instantaneous massacre, the depthless presence of the leader of the group reminded her of his unfathomable power.

"What do you intend to do?" she said. Her eyes stared at the leader of the group.

"To be honest, I come here for fun," Permotir said and sighed. "Well, at least I get to meet you in person. Why are you here, anyway?"

Specria looked at the clueless, flirty woman. "I'm one of the generals tasked to maintain the security of the representatives of The Empire."

"Can you introduce me to Peritia, when you reunited with her?" Permotir revealed her hopeful and teary eyes. Her body trembled like a little girl waiting for her parents to buy her a new toy.

"How did you know that—" Specria abruptly snapped to the peak of the sky. Before long, a sudden pressure descended upon her soul, crushing her mind with its oppressive, end-all-be-all presence.

Like the past, Specria vividly remembered the familiar sensation of dread. The Originator hung above the sky and stared at the collective of all things, its omnipresent and omniscient gaze penetrating all concealment.

Permotir tapped Specria's shoulder and smiled at her. In a moment of playfulness, she hugged Specria. "It's going to be dangerous, so stick close to me. The Root Ceremony has begun."

"You sound comfortable. Permotir, who are you?" Specria said, letting Permotir have her way. Strangely, despite only knowing her for one minute, Specria felt reassured in Permotir embrace.

"You didn't read my business card? Your heartlessness saddens me, but it also fills me with thrill." Permotir faked her sad voice before giggling. Her melodious tone filled the air. "My name is Permotir, the Founder of the Mind Academy."

"I know your achievement, but that isn't what I want to know." Specria pushed Permotir away and grabbed her hand. "Tell me, how much do you know about Heaven? You aren't an Authority, yet you know too much."

"I'll answer your questions when the time comes."

A pillar of light erupted from the crystal dome and destroyed most of the Holyground. Countless colourful sparks fluttered with the wind and danced according to the will of the strong. They merged and separated, shifting the fabric of reality and breaking the space-time continuum.

The heat ravaged the surrounding, but none ever came close to where Specria and the Board of Science stood. The meteors clashed against the others and disintegrated. The rays of Divine Fons bent around them and landed elsewhere. Reality ensured complete safety for the group.

Specria immediately noticed the anomaly and peeked at the nameless leader of the Board of Science. Though she knew about the achievements and the names of Immodulus and Permotir, everything surrounding the leader of the Board was unknown.

"The stage is almost complete. It's time for us to reveal ourselves," the leader said. His voice echoed throughout the surrounding.

No one refused his command. Permotir nodded and walked behind him, her hand holding Specria's hand. She deliberately stroked her fingers and tickled Specria, but she got no satisfaction as Specria remained expressionless.

Immodulus walked with his android, his eyes staring at a pocket mirror he always kept to himself. Inside, a picture of two extraordinary androids stood side-by-side. The adoration in the elder sister's eyes became apparent in her human-like mind. The two were his highest success, the sole motivation for his dream.

The leader took a step forwards. With no indication of spellcasting, the surrounding space distorted, stretching and compressing in folding layers. Specria found herself standing in front of the mythical battlefield between the Gods and the Authorities. Despite her lack of concealment technique, no one noticed her presence.

The Arachna Queen held a beating heart and stared at the God of Darkness, whose chest became a gaping hole. Along the surface of his wounds, tiny fragments of Divinity repaired his body. His eyes became dull.

"Darkness, I'll be taking your power," the Arachna Queen said and swallowed the heart. Despite her savage nature, the blood dripping from her lips strangely increased her ghostly charm.

The Goddess of Death destroyed the skeleton hands and rushed towards the Arachna Queen. She let go of the scythe and channelled her Death Domain, filling her hand with a repulsive black flame. A creaking noise resounded as her step cracked the crystal floor.

Her punch collided with a palm from the Arachna Queen. The power of Winter Domain erupted and froze the flame, locking the Goddess of Death in place. The Arachna Queen manifested her ice spear and swung downwards.

Her strike cleaved the Goddess of Death in half. As her blood spilt out, her body parted, revealing the Goddess of Spring from behind. She finished her incantation and used her Spring Domain.

The power of Spring Domain flickered and merged with space and time. Everywhere the invisible wave reached, all became filled with energy and decayed due to the acceleration of time. It rippled across the Holyground and disrupted all battles, creating a scene of absolute serenity.

In the momentary pause, the God of Light focused his Light Domain and clapped his hands. A pillar of light instantly covered the Holyground, shooting down from the sun and penetrating all shades. The blazing Divinity assaulted all beings, boiling their souls and bodies.

The leader of the Board reached towards the sun and clasped his hand. His Divinity weaved into the purest layer of existence. All timelines trembled under his presence and rearranged themselves.

The clear sky became gloomy as clouds loomed below the sun, concealing its blazing heat of billions degree. A sudden eclipse occurred and dissipated the pillar of light from existence.

The concealment dissipated from the overflowing Divinity. All Gods and Authorities detected his presence.

The God of Light narrowed his eyes. His expression turned serious.

"The First Authority, why are you here?" the God of Light said, a hint of fear hiding in his voice. "Lady Fate isn't here anymore. We have no reason to fight."

"Light, your reign will end today. It is time to let go."

"It is ironic coming from you."

"Your Heaven cannot win against the tide of history. You can never succeed."

"Do you think that they can stop me? Don't make me laugh." The God of Light swept his gaze past the Authorities. "If not for your intervention, they would have died. It is a miracle that you who paid no attention to the world would suddenly come out."

"I know what you're doing. Light, your plan will never succeed."

"It will, and if you help us, we'll guarantee the prosperity of the Great Races and help you meet your beloved."

The First Authority shook his head. "The past should remain as the past. We aren't meant to be."

"You who rebel against Fate are talking about destiny?"

"Light, your godhood has blinded you. You can never understand the mortal's suffering."

"I don't need to know about the insignificant mortals. They are nothing in the grand scheme of things. If not for the Originator, you all would have been dead!"

Inemas stomped the ground. His body trembled in anger. "God of Light, your arrogance will be your doom!"

Accompanied by his speech, a sudden fluctuation of Fons transpired. Countless symbols and walls of colourful Fons sprung up from the ground around the Capital of the Elven Kingdom, ranging across mountain ranges. They spread their imagery and formed a majesty aurora, whose length spanned the circumference of the Elven Kingdom.

Using the gigantic trees as nodes of the formation, all Fons within the Elven Kingdom gathered and roared at the kingdom of Heaven, filling the Holyground with the power akin to Divine Tribulation.

The Gods and the Goddesses stared at the scene in front of them, their expression revealing surprise and shock. The God of Light turned to Inemas who smirked in return.

"God of Light, do you still look down on the mortal?" Inemas said.

It's beginning!

7