Chapter 10 – Happiness is here and now all the time.
24 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nanaha listened to Maitereya’s speech with a clenched fist.

It's a lie. My father planned this very well. He always said how he would unite the world under one flag. He has put so much work and thought into it. Had sister have not interrupted, maybe he would have succeeded. I mean, I don’t know much about politics. But still, I do know that my father has immensely worked hard and had his heart in the right place.

“But Maitreya the witnesser. You always talk about how there should be one country and one world. These divisions of countries, these lines on the map. It is fatal to our survival. If someday a global-scale war happens then this earth would…” said a blue masked man with a booming voice. He couldn’t even finish his sentence. Probably did not want to mention such gruesome stuff.  

“I understand your concern. But when I talked about world peace and unification I did not mean it should be achieved by the methods Endo had used. In fact, I think it is impossible for true peace and unification to happen like this.

Our emperor cut the energy supply from SaintTerra by bribing Oeundanshire with the double the amount of payment on condition that they don’t supply SaintTerra. Now, this is just an obvious way to cripple a country. And the people of this Empire now have the task to work overtime and eat less just for this silly plan to succeed.

And even if it works, then what? You’ve upset both parties and forced them to unite with one another. And when their hopes for a wealthy life aren’t met they’ll just riot and split. No one will win in the end.

Whatever is forced and controlled will fall apart. Whatever is natural and spontaneous will stay. That is my message. That is my way. And whatever is in your true nature will always be easy. You will not have to struggle much. Be natural, be selfish. Love yourself and follow your true nature. Do not be a cog in a wheel. Do not torture yourself just get fame and security from society.

To be with nature is happiness, to struggle against your nature is egotistical. But the way society functions does encourage everyone's egos to be strengthened. It does not like natural and spontaneous people. It is all a darn shame because ego is the root of all illness and unhappiness. Any questions?”.

A brown bear masked man raised his voice and asked:

“But wouldn’t there be a lot of instances where one has to throw away one’s own needs in order to serve their duties, serve their family and nation?”

Maitreya the witnesser chuckled and spoke:

“That is exactly the attitude I am criticizing. And I am not criticizing for the sake of myself. I am criticizing so that you people may not make these mistakes that so many others are making. And remember, Door to hell is paved by angelic intentions. I am not judging your intentions. Everyone’s intentions are so holy. In fact, the holier the intentions the stronger your egos will be. Saving the country, saving the earth, uniting all nations under one rule. Such great justifications, such great ambitions, such a great ego.  Who are you to change this world?

And all around, if you read history, if you just look around towards all these rulers you can see that everyone is trying to be such a great servant to justice, the well being of humanity. The pope and the bishops of SaintTerra are trying to holify the world with their religion. The scientists and the government of Oeundanshire want everything to be technologized. But behind those good-intentioned thoughts hides the ego. Desires and ambitions.       

One who is not free from their ego, one who is not free from themselves will never be able to authentically help others. So long as the ego is there it will continue to play its games.               

Have you noticed, how all these great saviors always hide their selfish interests behind heavenly faces? Sometimes they are fully aware. Sometimes they themselves do not know how hypocritical they have become.  The priests of SaintTerra say they are unearthly men who do not seek wealth and comfort. They say they are here to help send god’s message. And indeed they have no furniture in their houses, they work day in and out on their Workshrine. And my god, they named their workplace to be even more holier than thou. 

Their so-called Workshrine is just a normal factory with religious decorations. And the workers there all appear to be so humble and prayerful. But look closely into their eyes.

There is a great ego, great condemnation behind those eyes. They are all thinking about how they’ll bath in gold, how they’ll personally be at god’s side when they reach heaven. Everyone else will be the servants of god cause they did not discipline themselves hard. Now they will be punished for their lethargy ten times harder while the loyal men of SaintTerra will be able to laugh, sing and have sex with underaged girls without going to jail in heaven. That’s what these so-called religions are all promising.

Everything is future-oriented. You will not be happy now, you cannot relax now, NOOOO. You will only be able to relax and have fun in heaven, after you die. And no one is here to tell and prove that heaven exists because no one has been resurrected from the dead. The only people who can prove the existence of heaven are dead men. Because you can get to heaven only when you die. Not right here and now, No. Their whole shtick is future-oriented.  

My way, my teaching is totally different. Make this moment happy. Make yourself happy in this very moment. That way you are in heaven. You will always be in heaven if you continuously make your present moment happy.

But do understand one thing. Happiness is not something that is of the outer. You do not become happy because of circumstances from the outside. Yes, wealth, freedom, emotional support. Those will help, those can make you more comfortable. But even then, you will not be able to fill the void within you. You may forget about the void within you, you may forget about yourself, you may be distracted. But the void still remains.   

0