Chapter 13- One with the Whole
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Is your happiness so darn important?! Is your happiness going to bring them back. She killed everyone. How am I supposed to just let go of the past. I can’t just let that go unpunished, right?” Nanaha said with resentment.

“My dear girl. Death is just one of the many colors of life.

There comes a time you meet someone.

There comes a time where you depart with them.

Do not let your love turn into hatred.

Be alert and aware. Face your hatred and let it burn out.

Be loving and caring.” said Maitreya with a smile.

Nanaha became silent. She stared towards the ground with a grimacing look. There was a long pause before Maitreya continued his speech:

“This world is illusionary. And by illusionary, I do not mean to say that it is fake, that you will be able to go through walls, no. But this world is always changing, nothing remains as stagnant. A child becomes an adult, an adult becomes an old man, an old man then dies. Life is like a river. Always running and changing. It is the foolish mind that always hankers for security and sameness.   

That which has form will lose its form. That which has born will always die. Religion is of the search of the infinite, the immortal. Something that cannot die. Something that goes beyond all forms, something that is formless. Something that is nothing.”.

“Something like that exists?” asked Nanaha in dismay.

“Yes, your parents, your family. They did not die. They can’t die. The body that is born will fall apart. And that which is formless falls back into nothingness. Energy cannot be created, it cannot be destroyed. It can only change forms. That is the basics of physics, is it not? So how can anyone or anything be destroyed then?”

It is true that she heard this law of energy in the past quite a few times. But this logical answer could not relieve her of her sadness, the cruelty of this world seemed all too real.
   
Heinessen who was sitting next to Nanaha, raised his hand and asked:

“Sir, you seem so confident about what you speak. Despite talking about reincarnation, the immortality of the soul. I am not sure this stuff are scientifically proven”.

The old man smiled and talked:

“I see that you are new to my discourses. Yes, I do speak as if I know what I am talking about. I almost look like I'm 100 percent accurate. But what can I do? You people enjoy it when your leaders and politicians speak with utmost certainty, don’t you? I am no politician but I know how confused and fragmented your minds are.

In fact, the more intelligent you are, the more confused you will be. Because your so called intelligent people are mind oriented. And your mind is just nothing but doubt, doubt, and doubt. Mind is doubt.  But sometimes these intelligent people get swayed by an idiotic individual who seems so confident in himself. Idiots are the only ones who are 100 percent confident in themselves”.

“Then, are you one of those idiots?” asked Heinessen with a playful tone.

Some of the men in the auditorium laughed. Some, however, did not take those words politely and stared towards him coldly behind their masks. Maitreya did not seem mad, he only smiled at his joke.

“It is true, I am ignorant. I have dropped all knowledge. There is no chattering within my mind. There is constant chattering in your minds because that’s the way your mind can retain all its knowledge. I don’t need to do that. I trust that the necessary words and knowledge will come itself when the time needs it. And it does.  

And I know something that others don’t. But it is not knowledge, it is a knowing. It is a constantly continuing phenomenon. Just like breathing - I am knowing. And I am simply a witness to this knowing. And If I sound confident it is simply because existence is being confident through me”.

There was a pause after that statement. Existence is being confident through me. Nanaha could not comprehend the meaning of those words. Then again she wasn’t sure what knowing the man was talking about either. The other three were probably having the same confusion. But Maitreya did not bother to explain himself and continued.

“But please, do understand. I am talking about the immortality of the soul and reincarnation confidently because I have felt those. I know these things are true with my very being. That is what makes my speeches bold and affirming. I am not a politician. I am not saying stuff confidently while knowing that It’s fake, a lie.  

And I know what happiness is. The happiness that does not depend on the outer world. The outer world is fine. Wealth, art, technology… friends and family, they are all fine. But I know I don’t need those to remain happy. To be happy I know that I alone am enough onto myself. And I know that my happiness could not be taken away, not even by death. Because the happiness I talk about is natural, spontaneous, eternal.

I simply removed all the blocks and causes of unhappiness and avoided the possible pitfalls in my spiritual path. And I have come to know that I am happy, I always had this happiness. Unhappiness was simply an illusion.        

This is an experience that is authentically mine. I am not reciting any religious scriptures, I am simply contented in the present moment. The dreaming has ceased and I know that I am one with the whole”.

0