Chapter-9 Taking in a disciple
122 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And you are?"

The sect master of the Ancient blade sect asked me with a face that screamed 'A kid?'.

"The 'somebody' whom you were looking for."

Since he only cared to find 'someone' for fulfilling his promise, I didn't give him a name.

"You?"

"Yes"

"And what can a brat like you teach?" The sect master of the Valley of fallen blossoms asked me with an unhappy face.

What's her problem? Does she believe that I'm a goon of the Ancient blade sect? Or is it because she was waiting for a chance to recruit the other girl? Whatever the reason is, she lost her chance and I'm not going to back down now that I'm at the centre of attention. And to add the icing, the black haired twin is now looking at me with her pitiful eyes.

As I moved my gaze through the crowd, I saw various expressions pointed towards me, ranging from pity to watching at 'something interesting'. Since I wanted to get this done and over with, I hugged Noir in my left hand and punched the ground with my right fist.

BOOM

The impact from my fist caused the ground to cave in a few inches forming a 6 foot radius crater around it.

"What the.."

The look of dissatisfaction that the Sect masters of Valley of fallen blossoms and the Martial sect were giving immediately changed to that of surprise. That's to be expected as my fist demonstrated the strength of an earth realm practitioner. Normally it would not be a big deal, but with my current appearance as a child, it changes everything. Earth realm at an age of twelve, that's something that you don't hear often.

The punch that I made now was of purely physical without any aura. I can't have wasting my aura for something like this. Of course, they will not know that I only used my physical strength, as that would bring more unwanted attention onto me. And the last thing I need now is the unwanted attention on me when I'm near the Alister territory.

"I think that would be enough demonstration, I suppose?"

"No, even if you have power, that doesn't mean that you can be a good teacher, girl. Teaching is something developed through years of experience. What can a little kid like you teach the little girl?" The sect master of the Martial sect who has been keeping quiet until now said with a stern voice.

"Grrrrr" Noir started to growl at the man threateningly.

Wha- Did that kid actually call me a girl? No ignore that Sual, can't blame the boy, as I does look like a girl now. Besides that, what right does a twenty year old kid like him have to lecture me on teaching and experience when he is barely two dozen years old.

"You found your 'somebody'. So can we wrap things up?" I said in an annoyed voice to the sect master of the Ancient blade sect completely ignoring the sect master of the martial sect's question.

"Yo-"

"Yes, you are qualified. but I would like to ask a question before wrapping this matter up, can I?"

The sect master  of the Ancient blade sect cut of whatever counter the sect master of martial sect was cooking up.

"Go on."

Finally someone who talks with some sense.

"Are you truly confident in teaching her? You must have heard about how her curse is strong enough to affect experts of heaven realm, right? and not to mention you are only at earth realm."

Ohh! that's why no one is willing to take her in. But still, to think that the brat is strong enough to affect an expert in heaven realm. My intuition truly does not fail me.

"Thanks for caring, but I'm more than confident in teaching her."

"I see, since you are that confident and no one is willing to take her in, you can take her. You have no problem with that right, Celine?"

The sect master of the Ancient blade sect  gave his approval before seeking Celine's approval.

"No I do-n't have any problem with it, but can I speak with that big sister before leaving?" She asked in a nervous voice while pointing her finger at me.

Ohh!... big sister, is it? Do I look like that in her eyes?

I started to walk towards the black haired twin who started to fidget as she saw me moving towards her direction. She kept peeking at me before looking at the ground again,

"Little girl, Your name?"

".."

Her fidgeting started to increase upon me asking that question. And for some unknown reason it started to get on my nerve.

"Girl"

"Y-Yes?"

"Unless you want to stay here and rot for the rest of your life after your sister's departure, stop with the fidgeting and answer my question."

"I'm sorry, I-I won't do that again."

The girl said with tears in her eyes. Ahh!.. I completely forgot that she is a little girl. To think that I would loose my cool in front of a little girl. Shame on me. I think my body is having some kind of effect on my mind.

"Don't worry girl, I won't leave you. So tell me your name."

" It's Flor."

"I see, then little Flor you don't have any problem with me being your teacher, right?"

"No Teacher." Flor said with a respectful tone with no shred of hesitation.

I like the little girl. She understands her current predicament very well.

"Well then, if you have things to do and say to your family before leaving then do it, You won't be seeing them for a long time. I will be in the inn till tomorrow."

Since no one was interested in her, I see no point in worrying about kidnapping.

"Thank you, master."

The little girl said with a grateful voice as I turned around. It's good that all this is settled without shedding any blood.

One thing that is bothering me even now is the absence of representatives from the kingdom. Is the kingdom's state in a far more pernicious state than I excepted? Maybe I should stop with the goofing off and urgently visit the capital city. Well, starting from tomorrow that is. For now let's just go to sleep.

Hmm? I don't why but I feel like I'm forgetting something important.

"Do you think that we are forgetting something, Noir?"

"Woof, woof" He tilted his head signifying 'what?'

'Maybe not' I threw that question in to the corner of my mind as I thought of the headache in finding a free inn when the village is this crowded.

5