Night of the New World
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was young.

Spring-Autumn, who had adopted the appearance of a homeless man explored the forest with wonder. A lot has changed since the initiation completed and he was now seeing the results. Countless nocturnal creatures flew about under the cover of the tree leaves.

Some were hostile and aggressive. Some were calm and passive. There were little small fireflies flying in groups that illuminated the forest.

In a region like Listia where summers weren't so hot and winters were biting cold, it was shocking that there would be fireflies. When Spring-Autumn thought of this, he realized that he was right.

They weren't fireflies. He opened his palm and one of them landed on his palm.

[Flame Spirit]

It hovered calmly above his palm, showing no signs of aggression. It had no distinctive feature besides the fact that it was practically a ball of light. Looking at it from far away, many would mistake it for a firefly.

"How cute," Spring-Autumn said before putting it into his mouth.

[Vitality +0]

"Oh, it's edible?"

He gave the other groups of flame spirits a sneaky glance and noticed that doesn't seem to care that he ate their kin.

Acting casual, he approached them and ate a few more.

"Burp.."

After eating a couple of dozen more, none of his stats increased so he simply left and continued to explore the forest.

"If I see that unicorn again, I'm going to eat its entire body raw."

Spring-Autumn jumped out of a tree and landed on the roof of the forest. The branch and trees were dense enough that it felt like solid ground. It was another phenomenon that would not be possible in the world before.

The moon was high in the sky. Like a lamp, it illuminated the earth with its pure and sacred aura. For some strange reason, there were no stars present despite the world being pitch black from the lack of electricity.

The moon became something sacred. It became the only thing in the night sky. In pitch-black darkness, it was the only light.

In the distance, a shadow flew around. Just the mere sight of its silhouette made Spring-Autumn immediately run the opposite direction.

It was the dragon he encountered a while ago with the group. From the several weeks that had passed, it had grown even bigger. It was a good thing that his eyesight was good or he wouldn't be able to spot it since the dragon's black scales acted as perfect camouflage for the night.

Spring-Autumn continued to explore the night, encountering many strange phenomenons that he would run away from after deeming unsafe.

There was a darkness that could warp around and move. It took up a gigantic part of the forest. At first, Spring-Autumn thought that it was just the shadows from the tree but it was something else.

There was a gigantic worm that constantly moved around underground, creating holes that were the size of a swimming pool every time it emerged.

[Death Worm]

The little blue window conveniently let Spring-Autumn know what it was. To his horror, he witnessed an entire group of orcs swallowed alive in one bite by the worm.

The orcs were as tall as 7 feet. They were also very muscular. Even though Spring-Autumn has yet to fight them, he knew they would be a strong opponent. When they faced the [Death Worm], the entire tribe did not even get the chance to resist before they were swallowed down in a bite.

In actuality, Spring-Autumn did not like worms at all. He used to get goosebumps from seeing little worms before so seeing such a gigantic one made his balls retract back into his own body.

As such, Spring-Autumn conveniently used the sight of orcs being annihilated as an excuse to run away…

With his abilities, most things would not be able to harm him with the exception of the dragon and the unicorn.

After running around so much, Spring-Autumn was beginning to feel hungry. He refrained from eating his current favorite food, [Food Flowers] for the moment and attempted to find fresh meat.

This is because he realized that the flesh of new beings could give him a strength increase. The snake that he badly mutilated with a stick did not taste all that bad either. Perhaps it would taste even better if he cooked it although that would ruin the appeal of his masterfully made snake sashimi.

He started salivating while on the topic of food.

Snake sashimi?

Goblin sashimi?

Orc sashimi?

Unicorn sashimi?

Dragon sashimi?

These were very profound questions that would take Spring-Sashimi a while to answer.

The line of thinking took a very long time and he conveniently arrived at a destination that would have food.

A bird's nest!

When in a forest, one would think that nests would be easy to find. However, that was not the case. Perhaps it was because many birds died from the new creatures that came out of who knows where.

Anyway, the birds nest he located was very big. Bigger than anything that's been recorded. Spring-Autumn took stealthy steps to climb up to the nest.

[Giant Hawk]

There were two giant hawks in the nest. These hawks were ones that truly lived up to their names. They were bigger than him!

It did not take a genius to figure out that a single swat of their wing would knock him half-dead. However, he did not come up the tree for nothing.

There were eggs inside the nest. The eggs were also very big so he would only be able to take one with him max.

He focused his power and his perception of time began to change. The world lost its color and became greyscale.

[Skill Acquired: Bullet Time]

Without wasting any time, he made a beeline for the egg. And as predicted, it was a very easy job done. The two giant hawks slept soundly as he refrained the desire to smack them and like the wind, he left.

By the time Spring-Autumn ran a good distance away, the sun was starting to show. The sky brightened to signify the start of a new day.

He stopped by a pond he found for water. He would not be as barbaric as to drink blood every time for water. Spring-Autumn had a hunch that the forest might've expanded after running around for the entire night.

The city he was in previously was known for its ocean life. However, if it had a forest this big, it would perhaps be known for it too.

Spring-Autumn sat by the little pond and contemplated how he should eat the egg. As he thought so, there was a sudden "Thud!" behind him.

His body shook and like a robot, he shakily turned his head to confirm what he just saw inside his head.

Like a penguin, the figure waddled over.

"Hey, human,"

[Black Dragon]

A little window popped up off its head.

1