Episode 2 : Dungeon Survival (4)
1.1k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 :

Episode 2 : Dungeon Survival (4)

"He's not waking up." Raiden spoke. 

"..." 

"Was the pill too much?" 

I opened my eyes to find a man looking at me closely. 

"What the..?!" 

"Oh! You're finally awake!" He smiled.

"You're that naked man..."

"Haha.. I'm sorry for you to see me like that." He chuckled awkwardly. 

"Where are the undeads..?"

"I killed them." 

Out of the blue, I recalled the moment before I passed out. 

I was fighting against a wave of undeads. But before I did, I took an attempt to mimic HwanGi's ‘Fast Leveling’ by activating my skill, ‘Skills Imitation’. 

In fact, I had no expectations for that skill, I figured it might require the user to be near another player to ably copy their skills.

To my surprise, the skill, ‘Skills Imitation’ functioned smoothly without trouble.

Granted that, it was only a portion of ‘Fast Leveling’, I've gone up to level 14 with ease.

However, I made a mistake because of that, I thought death was upon me.

‘Takumi Raiden’ was it? He saved me from the wave of undeads by using a skill called ‘Invisible Lightning’. 

If my memories serve me right, that skill didn't have a fixated level, instead three question marks replaced the numbers. 

Raiden must had mistaken my silence as if I were scared of him. Because he spoke while waving his hands. "I'm not a bad person!" 

"Huh? Oh no. I didn't think you were a bad person." I responded to reassure him.

"Then what were you thinking?" He asked while staring at me as if I'm an interesting fellow.

"Well.. uh.." I looked away to avoid his eyes. "Your name. I want to know the name of my saviour."

"Right. It was rude of me not to introduce myself." He cleared his throat. "My name is Takumi Raiden."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Raiden. I'm JoonChul." 

"Finally! I'm not alone anymore!" He smiled with teary eyes.

"Have you been here alone by yourself?" I got up and sat near the pond.

"Yes.. I had been alone after decades or so." 

"Decades..?"

"Yep!"

I was buried under a puzzlement. Just how old is he? 

"Right! Aren't you hungry? Your stomach have been growling while you were sleeping." 

My face covered with embarrassment as I nodded. 

"Then could you help me catch the electro squids?" He pointed his finger to the squids in the pond.

I nodded with confidence. 

I leaned my head closer to the pond when I found a squid. Then I stabbed it using my arrow from the inventory. 

A normal squid might shoot ink at you, but as for this one, it jetted out electricity from its gills to electrocute me. 

[Hidden Skill, ‘Simulation’ Lv. 1 has offset the pain.]

Too bad for it, I didn't panic and pierced the arrow into the squid as if it were a skewer. I even gained a little experiences from them as well.

I continued to pierce more squids while being electrocuted. I had a thought that the arrow kinda look like a barbeque stick. 

While I was doing that, Raiden stared at me, utterly astounded by the fact that I wasn't shocked at all and remained level headed.

He made up his mind and said. "Is your attribute lightning?"

I was caught off guard by the sudden question and answered. "Uh... No, I don-"

Raiden interrupted. "Can you be my student?!" 

"What..??!" My eyes shot wide open when that question came out of his mouth.

"You see.. I desired my techniques to be pass down to someone but since nobody could bear the first training, they gave up straight away." He explained while carrying a disheartening expression on his face.

"But why me?" I asked with disbelief.

"It's because you passed the first training."

"Huh? When?" I looked around and tried to remembered if I did.

Raiden watched me and pointed at the electro squids on the arrow.

He explained while being amazed. "You endured the electricity without any screams. Normally, one would have fainted by now. However, you're different."

"If you knew anyone might fainted, why did you ask me to catch the electro squids?"

"No comments." He whistled as if to evade my question.

"..." 

He questioned me and gave me a childlike expression. "So.. will you be my student?" 

"What will I learn from you?"

"Become my student and I'll tell you." 

"Seriously?" 

"No worry! My techniques are one of the bestest techniques in this world!" 

"Please give me an hour to think about your offer." 

29