Episode 4 : The Katana (2)
889 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 :

Episode 4 : The Katana (2)

After hearing what Raiden had said, I couldn't respond back to him. Since he was right, this world which I got transferred to, obviously contained blood-curdling creatures. 

Heck, if a spider can turn into a humanoid, then there must be a ton of strange possibilities out there.

‘I can't be lazy anymore. I need to try harder!’ 

I swung my katana much quicker than last time and continued to swing until I reached 10, 000. 

Raiden couldn't seem to stop being amazed by me and chuckled happily.

Mirai who was beside him, allowed a soft sigh leave her lips. 

———

It was night when I was done with my rough training, and I panted heavily.

‘It's handy that the ‘System’ tells me what time it is.’ 

[It is currently 9:26PM.]

I put my katana on the rough floor and also laid my exhausted body down. 

"Mirai and Raiden are gone to get food and water for me, even though I informed them not to do so." I murmured while staring at the wrecked ceiling. 

After a short time, I became lost in my thought as I mused. 

"Since I have a little bit of time to spare before sleeping, I might as well improve my archery using my bow." 

I pulled out the bow and arrows that were in my inventory, then tried to look for something to shoot. 

My gaze shifted around the place until it landed on the throne.

"I don't want to ruin such a comfy chair." I spoked and began to find another target. 

Sad to say, nothing fitted the genre of a perfect target except the throne. 

"Jeez.." I grumbled. 

I drew my bow and aimed it at the throne with full concentration. 

My mind was debating between ‘not damaging the comfy throne’ and ‘it's for target practice’.

"Damn." I came to a decision and switched my aim to somewhere else while turning my head to that direction. 

I let go of the arrow after confirming my aim properly. It hit the gate's upperpart corner which was actually my target. 

"Yes! First try!" I cheered to congratulate myself. "Okay. Let's go for more!" 

Afterwards, I resumed to shoot my target. Some I failed and missed, while the other half, I successed and hit it. 

Pleased by these not half bad results, I smiled joyfully but it soon turned into a breathless frown. 

I held my throat before attempting to breathe in air. 

‘What.. is happening..?!’ I wondered with slight fear and confusion in my mind. 

I fell weakly, knees to the ground and looked everywhere to seek for help during which I spotted the katana, emitting a frightening atmosphere. 

‘That sword..’ My face was slowly changing to pale purple as a consequence of not breathing. 

Nevertheless, I still kept my eyes locked onto the katana which was floating ominously. 

The moment I blinked, a dreadful pain emerged from my chest. In that brief moment, the blade of a katana was stabbed deeply into my chest with soundless movement. 

My skill didn't offset the damage which meant I had to experience the extreme pain. 

Moreover, my voice didn't want to come out as I tried to scream. ‘It hurts.. it hurts..!!’ I vaguely thought.

And not only that, there was a shadowy man who was holding the katana, watching me with those only visible crimson red eyes of his.

Since I couldn't speak, I could only mouth out the words. "Who.. are you..?"

Before I got to hear his response, an even greater pain dispersed within my heart as black lightning extended outside the stab wound. 

‘Ugh!!’ I was reaching my limit when my vision started to dimmed little by little. 

"Vessel." The shadowy man finally spoke, but his voice was too unbearable for me to hear as It felt like my eardrums were popping.

Suddenly, he pulled out the katana which caused my blood to bleed out with the dark lightning simultaneously, before he brutally punched me in the stomach. 

As a result, that violent punch knocked me unconscious as I fell powerlessly to the ground.

———

Mirai and Raiden were competing to see who could get the most electro squids without using their powers. 

After a few hours of catching squids, they counted how many they got and finally one of them won. 

Mirai danced and clapped to congratulated herself victoriously while telling Raiden. "I won this time! Heh!" 

Raiden sighed in defeat as he shrugged. "Compare to that, I won more than you, Mimi."

She pouted angerily and complained. "Let me have this! Hmph!" 

"Haha, sure." He laughed while picking up all the squids. 

After he was finished, he threw them up in the air. He took a stance, readied himself to do something.

[‘Takumi Raiden’ has activated the skill, ‘Electric Arc’ Lv. ???.]

The electricity created two points from left to right and immediately connected itself to where the squids were, electrifying them with the heated plasma until it reached the cooked state. 

In that short time, the squids were cooked as they fell downward. But instead of dropping to the ground, they landed on a net, made from strong silk.

[‘Atsushi Mirai’ has activated the hidden skill, ‘Silk Cocoon’ Lv. ???.]

She complained while focusing on capturing the entirety of the squids. "Jeez! Tell me next time when you do these things! Uncle!"

"Pfft. Nope, it's more fun this way!" He chuckled while talking in a blissful manner.

At that moment, they both sensed the fearful aura from the throne room and simultaneously looked at each other warily.

"Rai.." Mirai mumbled.

"His link is gone.." Raiden angerily replied back to her.

Mirai's eyes narrowed when she heard what he said and transformed into her spider form. 

Raiden carefully caught her before putting her on his shoulder. 

He began to dash forward with all his might while Mirai was holding onto the string which was attached to the cocoon filled with cooked squids, levitating behind her.

Eventually, they arrived in the throne room, just from a few seconds. 

What they saw, weren't something they expected or knew of.

"What the..?" Mirai gasped when she noticed a shadowy man trying to fuse himself into the unconscious JoonChul.

Raiden discovered the katana stabbed into JoonChul's chest. Filled with rage after seeing his student was in danger, he rushed toward that shadowy man while discharging every volts of electricity.

18