Episode 6 : Hidden Quest (1)
619 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23 :

Episode 6 : Hidden Quest (1)

‘If there is someone who is powerful enough to delete a category from the status window, I need to be careful..’ I told myself that while going toward the throne. 

‘But why would Mirai sleep on top of my head..?’ I steadily walked not to disturb Mirai's rest.

Out of a sudden, belated messages appeared out of nowhere. 

[You have been given a new skill!]

[‘Weapon Mastery’ Lv. 1 has been added to your skill list.]

‘Huh?’ I blinked twice as I read the messages from the panels.

Then I went ahead and checked my status window again. 

+

Name: Wang Joon-Chul

Age: 28

Level: 14

Health: 800

Mana: 360

Stamina: 800

Hidden Skills: ‘Simulation’ Lv. 1, ‘Player Analysation’ Lv. 1, ‘Skills Imitation’ Lv. 1

Skills: ‘Weapon Mastery’ Lv. 1

Stats: 

Strength Lv. 10

Agility Lv. 10

Intelligence Lv. 6

Dexterity Lv. 10

Luck Lv. 7

+

‘Am I lucky or is this the result for training with Raiden?’ I thought.

I stopped walking as I mused. ‘But why weapon mastery instead of swordsmanship? I used my katana more than my bow.’ 

‘Well.. I can't complain, can I? This is better than just using only a sword all the time.’ I shrugged and resumed walking. 

I felt slight movements on top of my head. Naturally, one would be spooked if a spider were to be on their head, but as for me, I didn't creep out, even if I felt Mirai's 8 legs moving at the same time.

‘I think I heard her yawned..’ 

"Did you have a nice rest?" I asked Mirai.

"It is none of your business, baka." Mirai grumbled with a high-pitched voice, crossed her two legs as if she were crossing her arms.

"Haha.." I laughed awkwardly and arrived in front of the throne. 

"Why do you always sit here whenever you're done training?" Mirai questioned me seriously.

I sat down on the throne instantly and said. "There aren't many places to sit comfortably." 

"Hmph.." Even though I didn't get to see her face, I could tell she was pouting adorably at the moment. 

"Catch me." She suddenly told me. 

"Eh?" I sensed her legs getting ready to jump off my head, so I put both of my hands out to create a soft landing pad for her to safely land on.

She fell onto my hands and I couldn't help it when I saw her in her cute spider form, not to mention that one of my hand could easily grab her. 

"What are you looking at?" Mirai grumbled.

I replied. "You and how cute you are." 

Mirai blushed before hopping off my hands which startled me for a bit. 

‘Did I say something wrong?’ I looked at her a little puzzled.

"I-I'm not cute.. Idiot." She transformed into her humanoid form but turned her back on me. 

‘Why did he just.. c-compliment me..?!’ Mirai thought as she fluttered her fan hastately.

"A-Anyway, when are you going to leave?" Mirai tried to change the topic quickly.

"Hm. Let me think." 

I opened a panel about the hidden stage's information that I was in.

[Hidden Stage : Dungeon Survival.]

+

Stage Information: This dungeon which was never discovered by anyone for decades, is filled with monsters and great items.

Stage Task: Survive until the Time Limit ends.

Time Limit: 14 Days.

Reward: 5000 coins, ???

Failure: Death.

[Time remaining is 8 days.]

+

After I was done checking, I informed Mirai. "In 8 days, I'll leave." 

Wait.. how do I leave? Will the stage just teleport me out of here when it's completed..? Or will I have to find the exit when it ends..? 

I was stuck inside my mind, trying to think what will happen. 

Until Mirai spoke to me. "Then I should prepare pills for you." 

"Hm? What pills and.. why?" 

"Because there is a sou-... Uh.. It will keep the katana calm..?" Mirai came up with a lie when she remembered her promise with Riaden about not wanting JoonChul to know about the soul.

"Calm? Do you mean it will go out of control?" 

‘Not the katana but the soul might take possession of you.. baka!’ She wanted to tell JoonChul this but she couldn't just go back on her words with Raiden.

"Yes..! So you have to take my pills twice a day. And if you don't, the katana might stab you again." Mirai pretended to giggle.

"But I see nothing wrong with the katana though." 

I regretted saying that.. Everything is clearly wrong with the katana!

"It's because I have been injecting medicine inside you." 

"Huh?! When?!" 

"Not gonna tell you. Heh!" Mirai smirked.

"My student, time to train again!" Raiden was somehow beside me when he said that.

I could see electricity zapping behind him. Where did he go? And why did I not hear nor sense anything when he got here?

"I'll head to somewhere quiet to do my work." Mirai mentioned to Raiden and I as she left the hallway. 

Raiden looked at me and asked. "What conversation did you both have?"

I told him everything and he listened closely. 

"Pills, huh? She might be busy for awhile." Raiden added. "Oh! And you even complimented her!"

"Did she not like it?" I asked since I was worried. 

"Haha. No no. She doesn't like it when strangers compliment her." 

"So I'm a stranger to her?" I frowned. 

"Nope, not at all. If you are a stranger in her eyes, she wouldn't be helping you by making those pills for you, right?" Raiden pointed out something so obvious that it made me think I was stupid. 

"Thank goodness." I sighed in relief.

"JoonChul. Can I ask you what your life was before you got here?" 

"...my life?" I flinched with a complicated frown on my face just from thinking about it.

Even after a short moment, I still didn't want to describe my life. Because I did not wish to recall my trauma.

Raiden might have sensed it was a tough question so he changed the subject. "Never mind. Let's get on with our training, shall we?"

13