Episode 7 : Captain (2)
563 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 :

Episode 7 : Captain (2)

Somewhere high above the clouds, there was a massive mansion constructed using clouds, illuminating the area with the drifting stars as lamps.

From the inside, there were some angels, overseeing the process of the players, others managed the system.

"This is hard~!" Tanzanite grumbled while stretching her arms, sitting on a couch. 

"If you could stop complaining, your assignments would have been done by now." Turquoise said as she stood in front of Tanzanite and took a sip of her coffee. 

Tanzanite stared at Turquoise and argued. "Why do you always finish yours so quickly?" 

An angel with her golden short thick hair walked up to the two sisters and said. "Because she wants to read her books." 

"Citrine! How was your trip? And where is Topaz?" Tanzanite asked.

"It wasn't a problematic trip, everything was easily handled. And as for my sister, she's currently reporting our trip to Emerald." Citrine gave an answer to Tanzanite as she sat down on the couch.

Citrine placed the plate that had a piece of lemon cheesecake and a fork on the coffee table.

"Don't eat too much sweet." Turquoise spoke in concern.

Citrine smiled, holding her fork. "Don't worry, I only eat once a day." 

"That's still bad." Turquoise sighed with her hand on her forehead, shaking her head. 

Out of the blue, alarms commenced a loud alert to every angel in the mansion with flickering red light.

Angels who were minding their own business, quickly stopped in what they're doing and became attentive.

Citrine, Tanzanite and Turquoise all had serious expressions on their faces as they awaited for the report.

The stars appeared in front of them and the rest of the angels, then projected a panel to unveil the origin of the alarm. It showed a pitch-black beam of light, blasting from the ground underneath to the surface until it outreached the clouds. 

The angels watched this and became stupefied to some extent. The floor that they were standing on, almost collapsed when the beacon of darkness hit the clouds.

After watching the panel, Citrine put down her fork and let a sigh leave her lips. "No cheesecake for today." 

Turquoise suggested as she left. "Tanzanite. Don't complain this time." 

Tanzanite stood up from the couch and mumbled before she left as well. "More assignments again.. ugh.."

Citrine glanced at the two sisters leaving her alone in the living room, she then laid her eyes on the cheesecake. ‘Everyone must be surprised by now.. something like this never happened before.’

"I should check on my sister." She picked the plate and went to the study room.

———

On the 7th floor in the mansion, there was a study room with three celestial beings inside.

The one standing afar from the desk was an angel with her yellowish-brown straight hair that reached her waist, the sister of Citrine..

"Topaz, what do you think after watching that report from the stars?" 

There stood a female next to a bookshelf, looking at a book she was holding. Her pale blue hair in a long bob with side bangs hairstyle, was flawlessly reflecting the light, shining on her from the window behind the desk.

Topaz answered to Diamond. "Yes. This kind of situation never occurred before, so naturally I was quite shocked. I wonder how you'll solve this, Emerald." 

The angel who was sitting on a chair, was also doing her paperwork on the desk, until she got interrupted by Topaz. 

Emerald moved her head up to look at Topaz during which blocked some of the starlight that was shining behind her. On the other hand, as light was blocked, her rich green hair in a waterfall braid hairstyle, shimmered the entire room with green light. 

She spoke through her attractive lips. "Send the December sisters to handle that situation."

Topaz really admired Emerald's beauty and calmness, hence why her yellow eyes were sparkling as she looked at Emerald. "As you wish." 

Without a second to waste, Topaz immediately left the study room in an elegant manner.

Now with two angels in the study room, Diamond questioned Emerald. "Should we report this to the archangels?" 

Emerald shook her head as she went back to doing her paperwork. "We must not bother them with our minor dilemma. It would be a disgrace to us."

"...That darkness. Do you perhaps think it's the ‘Evil being’?"

"Our ‘Creators’ informed us that he'll be revived on the planet ‘Earth’. 

"That might be true but you'll never know."

Emerald stated as she read the document. "We never get to see his appearance or his information. So we wouldn't know if he's here or not." 

"Only the archangels and our ‘Creators’ know about him.." Diamond frowned a bit.

"We are in the lower rank. It is to be expected." 

"..."

Silence overflowed the study room as neither of them didn't talk again.

———

Meanwhile..

I stepped out of the beacon of darkness with my appearance having changed with demonic wings and horns. Then turned around, extending my hand out to the beacon to force it to stop. 

As the beam of dark light fadely died down, I shifted my eyes to my long awaited comrades. "Did you miss me?"

Mirai could easily tell who I was and activated her skill to get toward me, transforming herself in her human form.

[‘Atsushi Mirai’ has activated the skill, ‘Ballooning’ Lv. ???.]

Raiden and Behemoth were late to understand the situation, but it only took a few seconds for them to realize it.

All of them ran to me and I spread my arms wide open for them to embrace me.

Mirai instantly landed on me, hugging me firmly. I patted her head and apologized. "I'm sorry for making you wait long. 

Mirai cried after hearing my apology. Raiden with Behemoth on his head, stood beside me while smiling happily, watching the crying Mirai and me as well.

"I see you still are a child after I was away." I whispered to her ear softly as I patted her head.

My eyes changed to crimson red, serving as an alert for me. "Those fucking angels are coming." My tone of voice switched to pure anger as I cursed. 

12