Episode 13 : Her Majesty (2)
236 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54 :

Episode 13 : Her Majesty (2)

With the color of leafy green, a ray of light flashed in my eyes when I saw that amulet's gem.

It was dangling around the neck of a young girl who was sitting peacefully on her seat.

There was a chance that I might mistake that amulet for something else, however if it is what I think it is, then I need to retrieve it before Stage #10 begins.

But there was a problem. 

This Stage wouldn't allow anyone to leave their seats until it ends and since the angels were here, they will be overseeing the Stage's progress which meant if I bring harm to anyone outside of the arena, I'll inescapably die by the angels.

What must I do to get that amulet in my hand? Even if I try to imitate the skill, ‘Portal’, it won't be able to reach that far.

Hold on a minute, how could a child be in this Stage? More importantly, she didn't look like an earthling but instead a human that resided in this world. So how did she get ‘Numbers’ by herself and accidentally used it? 

No, that is impossible for a mere child. Another theory of mine was that there must be someone who gave her their ‘Numbers’. 

On the other hand, why would they hand their ‘Numbers’ over to a child? And not themselves? Was it because they torture that said child to obediently listen to their orders?

I rubbed my chin before caressing my eyelids to relieve some of my stress. Then I looked over to that girl, trying to clearly see her eyes.

Mind control and hypnosis skill types exist, so if I could just see her eyes, then I would definitely know that she's being under a skill.

Why wasn't I using my skill, ‘Player Analysation’? Because the girl was on the other side of the battle stadium which is quite far.

This skill had a limited range, thus I couldn't use it on that kid even if I wanted to.

While intensely staring at that kid, HwanGi seemed to have overheard what I said before about something dooming us.

HwanGi called out to me. "JoonChul-ssi.."

But since I was too focused on that amulet, I didn't know he was trying to say something to me. 

"JoonChul-ssi!" HwanGi persisted, waving his hand in front of my point of view.

Having snapped out of my concentration, I glanced over to HwanGi. "Huh..? What is it?" 

"What did you mean when you said something about an amulet dooming us all?"

"Ah. It was nothing." I ignored having eye contact with HwanGi and continued thinking of a plan to get the amulet. 

HwanGi looked as though he didn't believe what I said, but insisted on not digging for more information on me in which I was grateful for. 

Fortunately, it seemed HwanGi was the only one that heard what I had spoken. If it were Alaine, I would already be drowned in questions by now.

Anyways, the important thing right now was that amulet. If somehow I could get it in my inventory, then everything will be fine.

But the question is ‘how?’. 

I rest my cheek on my fist, planning my next move while closing my eyes to concentrate.

Once I shut my eyes, the darkness came rushing in to block all light. 

With a pitch-black point of view, it served as a way for me to imagine my strategies, so I could revise it.

And after a short time of thinking, I opened my eyes to let light come in, my viewpoint was suddenly met with a hot ball of fire hovering in the middle of the arena. 

‘What the actual fuck?’ I blinked twice, thinking that my eyes were deceiving me, however the sight ahead of me was the same as ever.

"I only closed my eyes for a few minutes and this appeared..?" I remained composed despite being shocked by this scenery.

Alaine explained the details when she heard me. "Oh, you're awake? The red angel who was named Ruby, was it? She generated a fireball to create light for the night."

"I see. Is it really just to shine light?" I looked over to the fireball, watching it as it levitated further into the sky.

Not only that, it appeared that the fireball warmed up the once freezing stadium to a nice and cozy atmosphere.

Alaine thought before telling me. "Well..that is just what I assume." 

"We won't get to rest for tonight." 

"Eh?! Why?"

I pointed my index finger up, directing it at the fireball which was slowly fading away.

Soon, what should be nighttime was now daytime with clouds floating around the blue sky.

"...ah.." Alaine gasped with her mouth as wide as a cupcake while witnessing the sudden change in the day/night cycle.

Not just that, everyone who was watching this sight, also had a surprised expression engrave on their faces.

I exhaled a long sigh after seeing that, closing Alaine's mouth by pushing her chin upward. "You don't want to catch a fly in your mouth, right?"

"A-Ah. I was just shocked that all..!" Alaine seemed to be embarrassed since she was a bit flustered when she spoke.

I said this loud enough for everyone beside me to hear, "Everyone, you must rest." 

"Why should we? It's daytime." 

"You might not be tired physically but what about your mentality? You don't want your brain to malfunction right?" 

"But I want to watch the players fight..." Alaine pouted sadly, fidgeting with her fingers.

HwanGi, who has became curious, questioned me. "Is there a need to sleep right now, JoonChul-ssi?"  

"If there is no need, then why are my comrades already asleep?" 

I noticed my comrades instantly closing their eyes to rest when the moment they heard me. 

HwanGi and Alaine had a look on my comrades and were stunned. 

Somehow, I was kinda able to understand what their expressions meant. They were more baffled as to why my comrades quickly complied to my words without even asking me questions rather than them sleeping soundlessly. 

HwanGi and Alaine looked to be convinced after having a glance at my comrades.

"But what about you, JoonChul-ssi?" HwanGi asked me.

"I'll be sleeping as well." That was a lie.

Alaine stretched her arms a bit before saying. "Then have a nice rest~" 

Both of them immediately tried to rest by shutting their eyes and before long, they were asleep.

Afterwards, I checked whether not they were really sleeping before reverting my gaze over to the angels who were floating above the center of the arena. 

To catch an angel's attention is quite difficult, since they aren't nice enough to waste their time on humans like us.

So what must I do to get their attention?

Three shurikens showed up in between my fingers as if Lucifer knew what I was planning to do. 

With no further delay, I threw the shurikens at the angels as fast as I could.

The ‘Helpers’ perceived the incoming projectile before creating two shields made out of their representing elements which were fire and ice.

The shields crumbled into pieces, revealing the angel's eyes glaring daggers at me.

"Such a bad-mannered man. How dare you try to damage us with your puny weapon." Sapphire gave me a cold glare that could bring chill to one's body.

Ruby growled with flaming irides while clenching her fists to get engulfed by fire. "This dude needs to get what he deserves!" 

Everyone's eyes were on me but I just smirked at them. Before long, I threw three more shurikens toward the angels, telling them. "I was only trying to get your attention."

"And why did you choose such a rude way to acquire our attention?" Sapphire spoke with her voice in an irritated manner.

"I want to participate." I got off from my seat to stand up.

"It is such a shame that you can't do that since that is what you wanted from your reward, correct?" 

"If you won't send me to the arena, I'll kill everyone here." I let out an intimidating aura, suddenly changing the atmosphere in the stadium to a grave ambience.

"How in the world..?" Sapphire became stunned by what was happening in the battle stadium.

With the angels and every player startled by my immense aura, I quickly closed off my aura before things got worse.

Ruby looked as though she was ready to dispose of me as if I were a predator in her sight.

The angels directed their alluring eyes toward me, they might think I'm calm and composed right now.

But in actuality, I was having a difficult time trying to fight back something inside me.

Accompanied with Lucifer's help, I was able to remain fine without problem.

Even though it was risky to release something like my aura, I must do it so that the angels know that I wasn't kidding around with them.

And without warning, I sensed an icy presence coming this way. 

Along with how familiar this presence was to me, I looked above me to find someone that I have been searching for..

"I found you." 

6