Episode 33 : A Disaster (1)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 161 :

Episode 33 : A Disaster (1)

As everyone was doing their things, I was the only one keeping an eye on the ‘Helper’. 

Thus, when I witnessed how she tried to purposely persuade HwanGi to get him into thinking that he should pick an item, I knew I had to do something about this fake girl.

‘I wonder..’

And not to mention, I was also quite curious about HwanGi's response to Pearl which was why I waited until he answered to intervene.

"I gotta say.. At least, HwanGi is smart enough in times like this." I mumbled after hearing HwanGi's reply to Pearl's persuasion.

Upon watching how HwanGi stepped away from Pearl, I couldn't help but smirk like a fool, enjoying the humiliated expression on that angel's face. 

"Pfft. Ha.." Chuckled as much as I wanted until I stopped and spoke. "Now, what should I do with this ‘Helper’?"

Slam!

Without delay, I pulled Pearl away from the scene, and planted my hand on the wall behind her, standing right in front of her to not lend her a chance to escape from me.

Shaa… 

"If you assume you can hurt me, you'll regret it for life." Pearl wasted no time and looked at me with a noticeable glare.

I mused, feeling slightly pissed. ‘Just glancing upon this girl made me want to scowl until my face gave out, but my face is already as villainy and scary as it can get, so I can't possibly ruin it much more.’

‘Master, please refrain from despising your look.’ Lucifer warned me as if he was tired of this.

‘Try having a villainous face, you'll see.’

In any case, my face isn't important right now, I should definitely reply before this angel drills a hole into my skull with her constant glare.

Eventually, I scowled at Pearl with extreme disgust. "How long are you going to pretend to be a weak and fragile lady?"

Immediately, Pearl grunted as she didn't avoid having eye contact with me despite being in an awkward situation where I was so close to her. 

"How did you know?"

"Did you expect me not to know? And the fact that your hair's color matched the color that flashed on my Guild's member's eyes, made things clearer."

"How did yo—"

I cut her off. "But even if I didn't see the color on HwanGi's eyes, I already knew bastards like you would act this way."

"Ah, so you knew my personality was like this all along?" 

"If you think your personality can hide behind those glasses of yours, then sadly, yes, I knew from the moment I saw you."

Whoosh~

Upon seeing me slowly removing her glasses, I saw how Pearl's cheeks were faintly being painted in the color of a certain flower that came to mind. 

"Pearl Rose.." I murmured softly.

"W-What..?" 

‘...Oops.’

It seemed like I shouldn't be subconsciously muttering random stuff in a situation like this, because it was rather obvious that Pearl heard me loud and clear.

‘Pearl rose cheeks..’

Plus, we were so close that the rapid beating sound of her heart was tickling my ears, and her strands of hair that were dancing in the wind, were radiating her rosé hair graciously.

‘...’

..What the fuck?

‘Master, your playboy past is showing.’ 

Hearing Lucifer say that, I became embarrassed by my past lives. ‘You don't need to remind me.’  

As clear as it was, 777 of reincarnation could range differently in many ways from a poor to a rich person, weird to crazy and embarrassing to unprecedented. 

‘Why did I have to think of all those thoughts toward Pearl? Isn't my playboy self locked within Lucifer?’ I groaned inwardly.

Because one of my lives was a playboy life of mine, embarrassing to be remembered and too shameful to even recall, I shook my head in absolute disgrace.

‘Reincarnated as a lady would be better than a playboy..’ I groaned until all of the sudden, Pearl uttered to me.

"..You.." 

"Ho?" I looked back at Pearl who I unexpectedly found her cheeks to be as red as rose.

"Give me back my glasses..!"

While I was planning to give back the glasses, I suddenly had a thought that I would definitely regret if I tried it.

But then again, if I don't do something like this, Pearl would just come to and fro without trouble. 

‘If an angel keeps causing troubles, why not just make her fall for me and let her cause troubles elsewhere?’ I thought with a playful smirk.

Which is why I have decided to put my shame aside and use my playboy self to the best of its ability.

‘Lucifer, transfer that playboy's memories to me, and then remove them when I'm done.’

Instantly, Lucifer answered. ‘Yes, master.’

‘I'm definitely gonna regret doing this.’ 

———

Meanwhile as JoonChul was thinking of a wicked or possibly a flirtatious plan, Pearl was flustered by the current situation.

‘What is this human doing..?’ Pearl thought while gulping down her saliva to ease her nervousness.

Swish~

In a matter of moments, JoonChul's face that wasn't close earlier, was now an inch away from touching Pearl's face.

"Huh?" Pearl was shocked.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration if Pearl said she could feel the breathing of JoonChul brushing past her lips.

..And speaking of lips, JoonChul's lips were unfolding to slowly voice out his words as soft and seductive as he could be.

"You surely don't need glasses when you're this close to me." 

"..!!!?!!!" 

Fazed, Pearl pondered. ‘What?! Why is he suddenly acting like this?’

Perplexed as to see how bold JoonChul was, Pearl inwardly screamed as though she couldn't comprehend the kind of situation she was truly in.

‘Ah, this wasn't what I was expecting!!’

Noticing herself to be in such a weird dilemma, Pearl was going to leave this place quickly to avoid JoonChul.

‘Right, it would be better. Let's leave immediately!’

Swoosh~ 

But out of the sudden, she had flinched when she witnessed JoonChul's hand brushing past her hair, slowly caressing her pinkish white ponytail with perfect care.

"...?!?" Speechless to say a word, Pearl's lips were in distress to mouth out her sentence.

It had got worse for her when her cotton candy hair was being held by JoonChul, extending it to himself before giving it a sweet kiss for her hair.

‘Eh..!?’ Pearl was increasingly getting surprised.

In this unexpected moment, JoonChul whispered to Pearl's ear with his deeply soothing voice and an alluring gaze directed to her pearl-like eyes.

"Isn't it such a beautiful color? You might have already heard that your hair is as pink as cotton candy.." 

"What are you.. trying to say?" Stuttered and startled, Pearl was clearly flustered as she had never been in this kind of dilemma.

While confused as she may be, she was quick to notice a captivating grin etching on JoonChul's lips. 

..Glancing with eyes that were too attractive, Pearl watched while JoonChul's lips were moving to whisper his words to her reddish ears.

"But as for me, I would rather say that your hair resembled a Pearl Rose so flawlessly, wouldn't you think?"

"..."

Poof!

Appearing like she couldn't manage to grasp this remarkable dilemma, Pearl was steaming a lot from having to blush to the point of the entirety of her face to be dyed with cherry red.

"A-Ah… T-This.. $©£@#&?!?" 

Gibberish leaving her lips, Pearl averted her puzzled gaze to somewhere else, praying for this ridiculous situation to die down swiftly.

Whoosh~

Unfortunately for Pearl, JoonChul's hand that was holding onto Pearl's chin, was moving her gaze back on JoonChul's.

JoonChul smiled. "Where are you looking, the apple of my eye?" 

..His thumb slowly but surely rested on her pale yet defenseless lip, grazing it little by little as Pearl could feel his sincere touch.

‘I-I.. What is with this player!?! I need to leave!!’

Unable to say a word when his thumb was on her lips, Pearl eventually was left with nothing but the mindset of wanting to escape this situation.

‘An o-opening! I need an opening to escape!!’ Pearl, in a flustered state, thought.

Shaa... 

In an instance, Pearl took a bite of JoonChul's thumb to try and annoy him, but instead, the result was unforeseen.

"Ouch.." 

When JoonChul's soft groan was entering Pearl's ears, Pearl was blushing as well as planning out an escape route to bail from this situation.

She thought as though determined to escape from this playboy of a player. ‘I should use my power to leave right n—Huh?’

"Indeed, it would be better to dye your lips with this bloody red." JoonChul's smirk that seemingly captured Pearl's defenseless heart, baffled her completely.

As her shock didn't end there, she found herself to sense JoonChul's bleeding thumb painting on her colorless lips to that of cherry red.

JoonChul whispered. "Yes, this red enchanted your beauty much further."

Wearing the blood of JoonChul on her lips, Pearl felt his thumb tapping on her reddish lips with such a gentle touch.

Anyone in this situation would feel uncomfortable or have their minds being complicated and streaming by how hot the atmosphere was, just like Pearl was right now. 

‘This player dares to..!! This is.. Ah! I can't concentrate!!’ 

Eventually, JoonChul uttered while stroking Pearl's hair and placing it above her ear. "Quite a beauty, Pearl."

Blushed, Pearl prayed and begged inwardly. ‘Please let there be someone who comes and rescues me from this ridiculous dilemma!’

———

In the meantime, somewhere in the chilly hall of the temple… 

"Oi, should we be standing here all day?" 

The voice that was familiar, was obviously Asher with her mask covering her vexed expression.

"Just wait a little longer, Ash. We still got some guildmates that hadn't come."

And it appeared like Asher was talking to someone who was standing on the opposite side. 

Asher frowned. "Tsk, why do we even bother about those guys if they can't arrive here? And I didn't tell you my name just to let you call me Ash."

"Then do you prefer ‘Grim Reaper’?"

"Just Reaper is fine."

This person thought. ‘Does she have 8th grade Syndrome to like being called a reaper? Then again, I also like being called by my nickname.’ 

"By the way, Ash. You found quite a player during the time I wasn't with you."

"What? Did you expect I was a murdering machine who goes around killing players?"

"Aren't you like that though? I even invited you for that reason?"

"And I'll kill you soon." Asher glared and scowled.

In no time, the person who she was conversing with, scoffed at the thought of being killed by Asher. "You didn't kill me in the first try, let alone the 6th try! Hahah!"

"Just shut up. You couldn't beat me as well. We both had a draw in our duels, so don't twist the result of our matches."

"Alright, I get it. Now, should we use the Felix guy to our advantage?"

"Well, duh. Why would I even bring him except for his bitchass luck?"

"There you go again with your swearing."

"We ain't in a world like earth anymore, so it's better to say whatever you want in this world or any other world."

RUMBLE!!

"Gosh. Looks like we stood here for too long that mobs began to spawn." The person said as he crossed his arms with his overconfidence.

In this moment, Asher didn't bother to fight the mobs that were charging toward her direction, instead she casually talked to the person and stood without being fazed.

"Deal with them, will ya?" 

FLARE!!

"Why me? Oh well, I'll take care of this in a second." The guy who had overwhelming confidence in his ability, stepped forward with a flare of flame behind him.

SNAP!

With a flick of a finger, a horde of hellish fire that appeared out of nowhere, had begun swarming the mobs entirely within a flick of a second.

SHRIEEKKK!!!

Blasting and burning the mobs without giving them a chance to reach Asher and this flameful person, this area instantly turned into a warmer place despite being a chilly place.

At that point, Asher spoke and whistled with jealousy. "Bruh, even though I fought you a lot, how the hell is your skill so powerful?"

"Haha, I get it. I'm too awesome for my own good."

"You're such a handful."

"But not as much as that Felix guy, right?"

"Damn right. I'm glad Felix is taking a piss right now."

"Sometimes I wonder if you're too tomboyish.."

"Did you want me to be shy and innocent or something like those bitches out there?"

"Okay, okay! Don't just give me those death stares! It's giving me the creeps even though you're wearing a mask." 

Chatter.. Chatter..

Asher, staring toward the right side, spoke.

"Oh, look. Our guildmates are here. Now can we please just leave this stinkin' place already? It smells too ashy for even a person like me who is named Asher."

"Alright, let's go after we get that Felix guy."

"Ugh.. You do it."

"We can't afford to be late because of your disgust now, can we? Plus, we got a boss to destroy and take all the loot for ourselves. Or maybe we just steal from 'that' guild."

"Tch.. Alright, damnit.. I'll go get that Blondie, only because I'm doing this just to get the boss's drop items." Asher with a gross out face left her spot and swiftly went ahead to find Felix. 

———

Now, back to Pearl's and JoonChul's current situation..

Rustle!!

"..JoonChul-ssi??"  

As if the moment didn't allow it, someone who appeared suddenly, became aware of what he had laid his eyes on.

"..What.. is this?" It was HwanGi who unfortunately ran into this situation.

‘This is it!’ Pearl uttered.

Because her prayer was granted, Pearl took this moment to push JoonChul away from her with all her might. ‘Now my chance!’

Thud!

In the spur of the moment, Pearl panted while her wings unfolded behind her, ascending with a flap before disappearing like a feather in a windy breeze.

Flutter..

Leaving behind one confused man and one flirtatious man on the ground, Pearl was nowhere to be sighted in this area.

"JoonChul-ssi, what was that..?" HwanGi spoke with a slight mixture of misbelief and confusion.

"Hah…" JoonChul chuckled while he was on the floor.

"..?"

"Seeing that cute little lady's blushes makes it all the more fun to tease her." 

"...What??" 

Anyone would be shocked to see JoonChul this way, even HwanGi was too stunned to believe a side of JoonChul's.

Standing as if the shock immobilized him, HwanGi slowly watched as JoonChul got up from the floor.

"JoonChul-ssi, is that really you?" HwanGi asked.

"What do you think?" 

With a smirk, JoonChul adjusted his hair to its usual style, flipping it once or twice with his right hand whereas his left hand that bled endlessly, was being sucked of its blood by JoonChul.

"I never knew there was this side of you, JoonChul-ssi." HwanGi commented.

"What? ..!!!" Gasping in horror when he realized his behavior, JoonChul swore with his hands ruffling his hair. "God fucking damnit!" 

Having heard JoonChul's curses, HwanGi noticed how furious JoonChul was, seeing how he just cursed and cursed. 

‘Is he embarrassed?’ Shockingly surprised again, HwanGi was staring at JoonChul while purposely evading eye contact so as to not make it awkward.

JoonChul with an ashamed look told HwanGi. "Forget what you just saw." 

‘He's definitely embarrassed.’ HwanGi thought after sneaking a glimpse at JoonChul's cheeks. "Your secret is safe with me, JoonChul-ssi." 

"Fuck." JoonChul cursed with his hand covering half of his face, grinding his teeth roughly to show his frustration.

‘I shouldn't have gone here..’ HwanGi mused, feeling kinda awkward and uneasy just from gazing at JoonChul. 

Whoosh..

As the situation was turning into something unprecedented, JoonChul immediately disappeared from his spot just like how Pearl did it.

"JoonChul-ssi…"

"...I wonder why he was doing that to the ‘Helper’?" HwanGi spoke while letting out a nervous grin as he still couldn't believe his eyes.

0