1.2
1.4k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Fei Qianchi will now be known as Bai Mengxiang!!!!!!

Bai Mengxiang looked at the red lotus mark on his palm. His thoughts seemed to have flown around, when Xiao Lan's voice stopped him from his thoughts.

"Imperial Noble Consort, His Majesty has called a meeting for all the concubines to attend." Xiao Lan said, carefully combing Bai Mengxiang's hair as she dressed him up.

Bai Mengxiang only nodded as he showed a calm look.

Inside, though, he was quite different. He had already planned his whole scheme out. 

Anyways, a couple weeks have gone by since he had transmigrated into this body, and so far, things have been pretty easy. Because of the original's high position, he was treated well by everyone, including that he was also liked by a lot of the concubines. 

But, in those couple of weeks, he noticed that his stomach had also gotten bigger. Bai Mengxiang found it interesting to be going through something that wasn't normal in his original world. It was fascinating to be the one experiencing it. 

He knew that today, Shilian was going to be scheming once more, and would drag the Empress into this. Bai Mengxiang planned to stop this from happening, and for the Emperor to notice him, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to compete his mission.

The storyline had already changed a bit. Since the original soul would've been found to be pregnant on the day that Shilian became a consort, but Bai Mengxiang had made sure that he wasn't able to attend that banquet. He used the excuse that he had 'gotten a cold'.

"Xiao Lan, how do you think the His Majesty feels about meeting me?" Bai Mengxiang asked, his soft voice filled with sadness, but his face remained calm.

"Imperial Noble Consort, His Majesty will certainly be delighted." Xiao Lan replied as she fought to stop herself from crying.

Nobody knew better than herself what Bai Mengxiang had gone through. 

"I'm glad." Bai Mengxiang said, happiness making its way to his eyes as he softly smiled.

Bai Mengxiang had fully gotten how to act according to the original soul. So far, he was having a lot of fun. He hadn't told Xiao Lan about his pregnancy just yet. He needed to wait for the perfect moment to tell her.

Bai Mengxiang walked around his garden for a moment before Xiao Lan led him towards the Palace Banquet, where most of the concubines met up for meetings called by the Emperor.

A group of other maids and eunuchs followed him.

As he walked in his dashing white robes, the crown on top of his head jingled with every step. When he came upon the front doors, the eunuch said loudly, telling the people inside who was arriving.

"The Imperial Noble Consort has arrived."

Bai Mengxiang walked into the hall, following the red carpet as he ignored the stares that followed him.

He walked right to the Emperor, Xu Yongheng, and the Empress, Mei Lin, who was a girl, before he bowed.

"Long live His and Her Majesty, the Emperor and the Empress, may you live ten thousand years." 

Bai Mengxiang then looked up towards Xu Yongheng, taking a quick look before he looked down.

So, this was the man who's heart he had to steal. He wasn't going to lie, this man was definitely his style. Handsome and cold, dignified and powerful, Bai Mengxiang could tell that this man was a beast in bed.

"You may rise." Xu Yongheng said, taking a longer look at the man who he had left for so long. This man was still as beautiful and kind as the day he had left him.

Bai Mengxiang walked to his spot while Xiao Lan stood to his side. 

Bai Mengxiang watched as Xu Yongheng opened his mouth and began to start speaking, when a ringer went off his head.

[Male lead's love percentage towards Host is at 5%, keep working hard to get it to 100%, Host.]

As soon as that voice came, it disappeared, and Bai Mengxiang was left annoyed.

"For the time that We have been busy, the harem has certainly been rowdy. We have heard that another concubine had actually tried to poison Consort Shi." Xu Yongheng said as his eyes drifted towards Shilian, softening by quite a bit.

Bai Mengxiang sat back in his seat, anticipating the show that Shilian was going to put on.

As Xu Yongheng said this sentence, two guards came in dragging a man in tattered clothes, with blood all over him. Other concubines jerked back from this sight, but Bai Mengxiang remained calm. This sight was nothing for him. In fact, he kinda enjoyed it.

"Would you wish to tell Us why you have done such a thing?" Xu Yongheng said, a thick aura spread in the room, as his became tinted with murderous intent.

"Hahah, tell you? What more is there to tell you? Don't you see what I have done? I know what I have done, and I will never regret it. That man you love is someone so evil, do you know what he has done? He killed my child. And yet, you said that it wasn't his fault. I saw him tell a maid to give my son poison, I wouldn't mistaken it. But you love him so much, you have become blind. One day, you will find that all the princes are dead and the only one alive is the one that Consort Shi has given birth to." The man spat out, not caring about death anymore as he had already gone crazy from losing his child.

"Your Majesty, this consort would never do such a thing. You know me better than anyone, you know that I won't do something so cruel. There must be someone trying to target me because they know that you love me, they must want to tear our relationship apart." Shilian said as he quickly bowed and cried crocodile tears.

"Silence!" Xu Yongheng said, his eyes becoming hard.

Ah, what an amazing show! It was quite sad that Bai Mengxiang didn't have any popcorn to eat while watching this play.

"Does everyone think that they can do whatever they want in the palace? Do you not know that you have humiliated Us by doing something like this? We were gone for not even one week, and one of the princes is now dead. Who can We blame for something like this?!" As Xu Yongheng said this, he looked over each and everyone of the concubine.

Bai Mengxiang softly sighed as he got out of his seat, followed by his servants, and gently bowed. Hint, 'gently' bowed.

"Your Majesty, please do not get angry. This consort understands that they have done something unsightly to others. The harem should be united, not at war against one another, but even though all of this has happened, please, don't get angry. No one would want you to get injured because of this anger." Bai Mengxiang's soft and melodic voice rung out as he bowed.

[Male lead's love percentage is now at 10%, good luck Host.]

As Xu Yongheng looked at Bai Mengxiang once more, he couldn't help but sigh. This person has always been kind, he couldn't bear to let others get tortured. Even now, he was willing to get down and beg him to not get angry, for fear that he would get injured. He hasn't changed a bit.

"The issue today has not been resolved yet. We will call for you all to arrive tomorrow again at this time. You may now leave." Xu Yongheng said, as he was the first one to leave the hall.

As soon as Xu Yongheng left, Bai Mengxiang got up, and Mei Lin, the Empress walked up to him.

"Thank you, Imperial Noble Consort Bai. If you hadn't stopped the Emperor, I don't know what His Majesty might've done." Mei Lin said as she looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes,

Bai Mengxiang softly smiled in return.

"It is my honor that I can do something like this for the Emperor, Your Majesty." Bai Mengxiang talked a while more with Mei Lin before they parted ways. He didn't forget the look in Shilian's eyes as he glared at him.

As he was walking around with Xiao Lan, he suddenly felt a presence not too far behind him. Knowing who it was, he planned his next step. Without anyone seeing, his eyes glinted.

Right away, he was able to find the tool he needed.

"Xiao Lan, the peach blossoms have already begun to bloom." As Bai Mengxiang said this, he softly touched a few petals and his eyes grew warm with tears. His face changed into yearning with heartache.

"Imperial Noble Consort, the peach blossoms have bloomed earlier than they had last year. I remember you said that these were your favorite flowers." Xiao Lan said, answering him back.

"Yes, they are. It was under this tree that the Emperor asked me to wed him. On that day, the peach blossoms gently fell, and he looked at me with eyes full of love while speaking. He said that he would love me forever, and it was that day that I fell in love with him even more than I already was. I decided then that even if one day, he doesn't love me anymore, I would still continuing loving him. I had never thought that one day, what I thought of would come true." Bai Mengxiang plucked a flower petal and held it as he looked at it. Then, he gently let the flower fall between his fingers as he stared at it.

[Male lead's love percentage is at 19%.]

Xiao Lan, who now had tears in her eyes, told Bai Mengxiang that they should leave soon. As they walked away, Xu Yongheng came out from behind one of the many peach blossom trees.

He softly touched his heart as he stared at the image of Bai Mengxiang leaving, not understanding why his heart was in pain as he saw the tears in his eyes.

We- This is the pronoun an emperor usually uses to refer to themselves, since emperors were usually called the sons of the heaven. When they refer themselves to as We, that usually means that they don't mean just themselves but also the heaven or it can also mean all their people. Of course, they still use I, but if they use that to someone, that means that that person is really special.

27