1.5
1.3k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What?

Xu Yongheng was left dumbfounded. What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" Xu Yongheng finally managed to ask after a moment of silence passed by, the words finally processing in his mind.

"I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant and I couldn't even tell you because you already fell in love with Shilian. It was from that last night we spent together, that last night before you disappeared from me. I wanted to tell you, but I was scared of what you would do. I was scared that this child in my body would die due to the scheming in this palace. I was scared that you would reject my baby, our child. I was scared that you would only hate me even more than you already did, that you would look at me and say that you didn't want our child." As Bai Mengxiang spoke, his tears fell. His whole body was trembling as he held his stomach.

"You're pregnant?" Xu Yongheng didn't know if this was real or not or if he was just dreaming. A child. This man was pregnant with his child.

Xu Yongheng hugged Bai Mengxiang tightly in his arms, his hand reaching out to touch his stomach as he felt the slightest bump even under the layers of clothings.

Bai Mengxiang cried and cried as he was held tightly in Xu Yingheng's arms,

[Male lead's love percentage is now at 65%. Host, who would've thought that you would be this good at acting?]

(I'm a businessman. If I can't even act, I'm pretty sure I would've become bankrupt then. Believe it or not, I was considered a smart person in my original world.)

Xu Yongheng almost couldn't believe it. This man was pregnant with his child. The man that he now realized he loved, the man that had always been waiting for him. The man whose love was far too deep for someone like Xu Yongheng.

He took his hands away from Bai Mengxiang's stomach, his hand reaching out to wipe away Bai Mengxiang's tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I promise that I will always love you, I promise that I will make sure our child lives a happy life. I will never do what I have done to you ever again. So please, open your heart for me once more. I will not let you down again. Please, forgive me for everything that I have done to you, and most of all, our child. Forgive me for being cruel-hearted and leaving you, for everything that I have done towards you" Xu Yongheng said, landing a gentle kiss on Bai Mengxiang's forehead.

"My heart has always been open for you, Yongheng. But, please, this is the final time. No matter what happens, just take good care of our child." Bai Mengxiang said, smiling lightly, tears still remaining in his eyes, as he kissed Xu Yongheng's cheek.

Xu Yongheng smiled, his face lighting up as he held Bai Mengxiang in his arms and nodded his head.

"Imperial Noble Consort, the herbal medicine is ready. May I enter?" Xiao Lan said, knocking in the door with one hand while holding the bowl of medicine in the other hand.

"You may enter, Xiao Lan." Bai Mengxiang said with a red face, as he pulled away from Xu Yongheng.

He quietly told Xu Yongheng to sit down on a chair as Xiao Lan entered.

Xiao Lan stared at the image of the Emperor sitting on the chair next to her master. At first, her thought was that this man had come once more to hurt her master, but when she saw both of their faces, her heart jumped with happiness. They had both made up. Her master no longer would be sad anymore.

"Long live His Majesty, the Emperor, may you live ten thousand years." Xiao Lan bowed down after she put the bowl on the table.

"Is there something that I am to be informed of?" Xiao Lan asked as she noticed the look of excitement on Xu Yongheng's face and Bai Mengxiang's pink tinted face.

"Can I tell her, Yongheng?" Bai Mengxiang asked, his beautiful eyes looked up towards Xu Yongheng, making his heart beat fast.

"Of course you can," Xu Yongheng replied, softly caressing Bai Mengxiang's face.

"Your Majesty, Imperial Noble Consort, is there something that I am to be informed of?" Xiao Lan asked once more, not quite understanding what was going on.

"Xiao Lan, I'm.....I'm pregnant." Bai Mengxiang said, his hand went up to touch his stomach.

Xiao Lan looked blank at first, then a shock expression appeared. Finally, she lost it as she covered her mouth with her hand, happiness spreading in her eyes.

"Imperial Noble Consort, you're pregnant? You're pregnant. You're pregnant, you're really pregnant, Imperial Noble Consort." Xiao Lan couldn't hide her happiness as she said this. Her eyes were shining brightly, her smile got wider and wider.

"For four months now," Bai Mengxiang said, his hand not leaving his stomach as he looked at Xiao Lan with a smile, his other hand was being held by Xu Yongheng.

"I was clueless. I didn't know that Imperial Noble Consort was pregnant all this time. That must've been the reason why Imperial Noble Consort was ill for this time being." Xiao Lan said, now realizing why Bai Mengxiang had been sick for the past few months.

Xu Yongheng looked worried when he heard what Xiao Lan said. Mengxiang had been sick? For how long? Was that why he appeared pale and frail every time he saw him?

"You have been feeling unwell?" Xu Yongheng said as he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes.

Bai Mengxiang looked back as he lightly shook his head.

"It is only normal. My body is feeling weaker now that I'm carrying a child. It was only a light cough here and then. Don't worry, Yongheng, I promise to take care of myself. Now that you're here, I won't need to worry about myself." Bai Mengxiang touched Xu Yongheng's face, lightly caressing it as he lightly chuckled.

"Your Majesty and Imperial Noble Consort, this servant will now leave. Please remember to drink the herbal medicine on the table." Xiao Lan said this as she felt like she was intruding on a moment where she shouldn't be. She felt like she was seeing something that shouldn't be seen by someone like her.....who was single.

The door closed as Xiao Lan left the two of them alone. 

Xu Yongheng looked at the bowl of medicine as he picked it up, telling Bai Mengxiang to sit down. He picked up the bowl of medicine, cooling it down as he softly stirred it.

Bai Mengxiang sat down, watching him with love-filled eyes.

(Ahhhh, so this is what it feels like to be pampered by a handsome man.)

[Host, I assure you that this will not be the final time something like this happens. Just make sure you don't get too use to this life.]

(Shhhhhh. Just let me enjoy this moment peacefully. I have to try not to break out of character right now, because that man in front of me suddenly appears to be extremely mouthwatering.)

Bai Mengxiang said this in his mind as he focused on the handsome man in front of him. His eyes were finally healed after staring at all those flimsy dancers who were dressed in barely any clothes, and those concubines who packed their faces full of makeup.

As Bai Mengxiang stared at Xu Yongheng, he couldn't help but lament that this world wasn't his old one, or that he had to pretend to be 'kind' and 'gentle'. The two things that he was utterly disgusted with, something that he wouldn't even use to describe himself. At most it would be dashingly handsome, or, charming overdose. Something like that would do for him. 

Now he admitted it. He was just a little bit narcissistic......

Who the heck was he kidding? He was extremely narcissistic.

But at least he could admit something like this.

For the most part, he considered himself cool and ok with most things. Although he loved to scheme against people just for the heck of it. Because, why not? Enjoy today like it's the last day of your life. That was his motto.

And now, faced against this extremely delectable man, he almost couldn't resist the voice in his head that was whispering things to him, telling him he said do things that were not suitable to be heard, or said.

Damn it! That voice was so tempting.

He had to use all his might just to resist it. As he calmed down, he told himself that if he failed, he would never see anymore handsome men in his life. Yeah. That seemed to have knocked some sense into him as he snapped out of it, returning to staring at Xu Yongheng.

"Yongheng, you don't need to this." Bai Mengxiang said, his eyes brightly lit as he looked towards Xu Yongheng, a look of gentleness appearing.

"Sit back. This is something that I should be doing for you." Xu Yongheng said, testing the warmth of the medicine before giving a spoonful to Bai Mengxiang.

Bai Mengxiang accepted it, swallowing it without any difficulty as he looked back to Xu Yongheng. Internally though, his mind was rejecting the bitterness of the medicine.

And so in that room, a peaceful image was playing out.

A beautiful man sat back, a smile on his face as he looked towards the regal man who slowly fed him a spoonful of medicine. In both of their eyes, love and happiness were present. The regal man suddenly smiled as he looked towards the beautiful man, whispering some words as a soft chuckle echoed.

 

 

But, this will only last for a little while more, before the image is shattered.

25