1.7
1.2k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of the door opening startled Bai Mengxiang as he turned his head towards that direction. Seeing who it was, he got up, his hand resting on top of his stomach.

"Yongheng, you're back sooner than you usually are." Bai Mengxiang said, offering a sweet smile as Xu Yongheng took his hand and led him back towards the bed.

Xu Yongheng held Bai Mengxiang's hands tightly in his own, his face filled with tiredness. 

"The people from Yu Nation came." Xu Yongheng didn't try to hide his feelings as he said that sentence. 

Bai Mengxiang was able to tell that something had upset Xu Yongheng.

"What happened?" Like a docile wife, Bai Mengxiang remained calm as he gently asked Xu Yongheng this.

"They asked me about the request to become alliance. I gave them the answer, but now, that means that I will have to wed their prince." As Xu Yongheng said this, he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes, trying to find any hint of shock, but only found gentleness within them.

"Yongheng, it will be fine. Even if you do marry him, I'm sure that you will still love me the same." Bai Mengxiang gently said, his words seemed as if he was calming Xu Yongheng.

"That's not what I'm afraid of. I saw the look on Yu Zhuang, the prince that I am to be wed with. It wasn't one that I like. It seemed like he had gotten some weird idea into his head, and he would stop at no ends to accomplish it. I'm scared that he would harm you once we reveal your pregnancy." Xu Yongheng sighed, the image of Yu Shuang appearing in his mind and he shook it away with disgust.

"Why are you scared? I'm sure that you will stop at nothing to protect, right?" Bai Mengxiang's smile lifted the worry feeling away from Xu Yongheng's heart, as he also returned a smile.

[Male lead's love meter is now at 87%, please continue working hard Host.]

"You're right. I will stop at nothing to protect you and our child." Xu Yongheng replied, a bright smile in his face as he pulled Bai Mengxiang into his chest.

After a brief silence, Bai Mengxiang spoke. 

"The banquet to be held for the welcoming of the Princes from Yu Nation will be held today, right?" Bai Mengxiang asked, putting his hands on top of Xu Yongheng's hands that were wrapped around his waist.

"Yes. Why are you asking about this matter?" Xu Yongheng asked, confused about why Bai Mengxiang would start asking about this.

"Yongheng, if it is alright with you, I would like to attend the banquet," Bai Mengxiang managed to say.

Xu Yongheng was shocked, but then, fear took over his heart.

"So soon? Why don't you wait for a while more before you appear in the eyes of others?" Xu Yongheng tried to think of something else, hoping that Bai Mengxiang would get distracted.

"I've been staying hidden for far too long. I'm sure that Imperial Mother has begun speculating that something has happen. I'm already quite far along in my pregnancy, so since there is this event, I might as well attend. I'm sure that I will have to attend anyways." Bai Mengxiang consoled Xu Yongheng speaking softly.

"But-" Xu Yongheng stopped as he looked into Bai Mengxiang's eyes that were seemingly begging him.

"Ok. I guess that we can reveal your pregnancy at the banquet today. But, you must promise to remain by my side, and in my sight. You aren't allowed to leave without me. During the banquet, even though I'm aware that everyone will know, I will still announce your pregnancy." Xu Yongheng couldn't help it as the worry side of him popped up.

He was really scared that something would happen to Bai Mengxiang. After all, he had almost lost this man once, he didn't know what he would do to himself if it happened a second time.

"Thank you, Yongheng." Bai Mengxiang replied with joy. He lightly gave Xu Yongheng a kiss on the cheek as a sign of thankfulness.

"Only here? How about right here?" Xu Yongheng cheekily asked, pointing to his lips.

Bai Mengxiang blushed a pretty pink color before he landed a kiss on Xu Yongheng's lips.

[Host, you're really good at acting.]

(Thanks for the compliment, System.)

[I really mean it. If it weren't for being able to see your stats and hear some of your thoughts, I would actually believe that you love him.]

(Love? Haha, you're being silly, System. I don't know what it means to love.)

[Really, Host?] 

(Yes, System. Now tell me, is there any movement on Shilian's side?)

[Yes, Host. It seems that Shilian has learn of the Yu Nation coming to the Xu Nation. Originally, in his last life, he had never had the chance to meet Yu Zhuang or Yu Long. Even in the original story, Xu Yongheng would've been so in love with Shilian that he rejected the marriage. Shilian may be thinking that his position is going to be threatened, so I presume that he must be thinking of another scheme.]

[Of course, nothing is sure yet and this is all that I have been able to find out. Once I get ahold of more news, I will immediately reply. But I do have a question for Host.]

(What is it?)

[Why did Host tell Xu Yongheng to accept the alliance, or should I say the marriage with Yu Zhuang?]

(There are many reasons as to why I told him to. I will list only three of them. 1. Yu Zhuang is known as a pampered prince who always gets what he wants, so I really wanted to watch him suffer as he tries to gain Xu Yongheng's love. 2. If my assumption is correct, Yu Zhuang will become jealous of me for having Xu Yongheng's love and he will try to get rid of me, which will only increase the percentage of Xu Yongheng's love towards me. 3. I just feel like doing this to watch an awesome show.)

[Host, many people must've resented you.]

(Of course. After all, I knew everyone's secrets.)

Bai Mengxiang snapped out of his conversation between System and himself when a maid knocked on the door.

Xu Yongheng glanced at the door before saying, "You may enter."

The maid walked in, bowing before she spoke, "Your Majesty and Imperial Noble Consort, the welcoming banquet for the two princes from Yu Nation will begin soon. This servant has come to remind you of this matter."

"En. You may be dismissed now." Xu Yongheng said.

"Yes, Your Majesty," the maid left as soon as she finished speaking.

"Mengxiang, I'll come to get you after I am prepared for the banquet. I will call Xiao Lan to come and tidy you up too. Take care." Xu Yongheng softly spoke, grasping Bai Mengxiang's hands as he gave it a gentle squeeze.

"En, take care too," Bai Mengxiang echoed, watching as Xu Yongheng left, a parade of maid and eunuchs following behind him.

"Imperial Noble Consort, Xiao Lan is here to get you ready for the banquet." Xiao Lan announced, entering as she looked over at Bai Mengxiang.

"Thank you, Xiao Lan." Bai Mengxiang replied, a radiant smile on his face.

"It is my biggest pleasure to be able to do this, Imperial Noble Consort." Xiao Lan replied, also smiling as Bai Mengxiang sat down in a chair and Xiao Lan began working on his hair.

They were in silence as Xiao Lan picked out a robe for him. A gold robe embedded with black streaks of lines and a white butterfly.

Xiao Lan paused as she dressed Bai Mengxiang up. Finally, not being able to bear it, she asked her question.

"Imperial Noble Consort, are you going to be revealing your pregnancy so soon?" Xiao Lan asked, concern laced within her words.

"Xiao Lan, I can't hide for too long. I have already hid from others for so long, I'm sure they must be suspecting something. I can't be a coward and be scared of what will happen to me. After all, I'm sure His Majesty will help me out too, most of all, you will there for me." Bai Mengxiang said, shaking his head tiredly.

"I understand. I will follow whatever it is you decide to do in the future, Imperial Noble Consort." Xiao Lan stated, her eyes strong with determination.

Bai Mengxiang merely smiled as he watched Xiao Lan put some hairpins in his hair after she had dressed him in the robe. Xiao Lan walked over to grab a two bracelets and slipped it onto each of his hands.

"There you go, Imperial Noble Consort. Now, you look even more beautiful then what you usually do. After all, you are more beautiful than anyone in this nation." Xiao Lan couldn't help but compliment Bai Mengxiang. She knew she wasn't saying anything wrong. The Imperial Noble Consort was the most beautiful person in the Nation of Xu.

"Mengxiang, are you ready now?"

26