1.14
1.2k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Mengxiang's body laid on the bed, his eyes closed and his breathing shallow. Though his face was pale, it still couldn't diminish his beauty even as he laid so quietly. If one didn't know, they might've thought that he was merely sleeping.

Two months had passed by and yet, Bai Mengxiang was still laying so quietly. Even as time passed, as his stomach grew bigger, it was as if he was frozen in time and unable to wake up.

The image in that room created a beautiful yet sentimental air. Bai Mengxiang, who laid in the bed remained as quiet yet gentle as ever.

Of course, inside his mind was a different matter.

(System, this is getting real boring.)

[Host, you were the one that planned this. Are you regretting your decision now?]

(I've been on this bed for so long yet the male lead hasn't even found out who poisoned me. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure this was suppose to happen slower than planned, but hey, I only took the opportunity I was given.)

[Yeah, now how does it feel, lying in bed and pretending to be in a comatose state, unable to wake up? I don't know about you but I'm getting annoyed. Every single day for at least three hours straight, you complain to me about how you wish to take over a character that isn't gentle or kind. If I had a body, I would've made myself go deaf so that I wouldn't hear you complain.]

(System, you should be glad I'm going easy on you. If I really wanted to, I would be talking about some other stuff that could pollute anyone's ears. At least I'm being kind and sparing you the trouble of listening to me complain about my love life, and most of all, my sex life. I swear, I've been in this world for so long but the only thing I've done with the male lead is kiss him at the most. You don't know my sufferings. I have a delicious meal set out right in front of me but I can't even eat it, much less touch it. You don't know my struggles...)

[I'm glad I don't know about your sufferings, Host. Quite frankly, if I listen to you talk about those other stuff, I might really just explode myself. This is just the first world, you'll be experiencing many other worlds, so why are you complaining about your sex life? First of all, you've never really had a love life either.]

(Gee, thanks for that compliment, System.)

[Second of all, the original soul had never been so touchy with the male lead, hence why you can't either.]

(But if the original soul was two faced, can't I also do that? Like you know, pretend to be kind to the people who know the original soul then act all evil and such to those who don't? That should be able to pass as not OOCing. Or if that doesn't work, can't I slowly change how the character acts as time passes? I should be able to do at least this.)

Systems didn't say anything, presumably thinking about what Bai Mengxiang had said. After a silence passed by, System finally replied.

[Well, alright, I'll let you do that. Just make sure that you don't start doing it too soon otherwise the other characters will start getting suspicious of you. And just to let you know, I'm already being generous to you by letting you do this since the original rule was to not OOC.]

(Thanks, System, now, give me an update about what's been happening.)

[You finally ask that after two months has passed since you told me to help you maintain a comatose state, while you were watching dramas inside of your head? Talk about your priorities.]

(Hey, this was the only chance I had at catching up on my drama. But, System, the new drama, The Untamed is totally my type. Like, how can anyone be that handsome? I can't believe they had to change it so that it couldn't be the same as the novel though. Then again, the spark between Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian can't be hidden even if they try to. Those two are a perfect pair and will always be a perfect pair.)

[Host, didn't you tell me to give an update?]

(Oh, yeah, go ahead, System.)

[Well, anyways, since the time Host has been sleeping, Shilian and Yu Zhuang have already teamed up and have begun their attack. The reason as to why you were poisoned was because they had bribed a maid to poison you on that day. Of course, the poison wasn't suppose to act up so soon but because you had made it act up so soon, they came to a stop in their plans. Right now, what they are hoping is that you will die along with your child and then they will fight for the male leads love. The poison was suppose to be a slow acting poison but since you had mixed it in with a different poison, the effect happened faster.]

[The Male Lead has been trying to find the culprit but because Shilian had gotten rid of the maid, the very little traces they left behind have been disposed of. Unless you wake up, Shilian and Yu Zhuang will stay low until they are sure that the male lead doesn't know it's them. But, Host, what are you going to do now?]

(Isn't it easy to guess? I'm going to wake up soon and then start my own counterattack again those two, but, I will be using the people around me. I also thought about making Shilian and Yu Zhuang go against each other, maybe I should do that...)

[Host, just a heads up but.....it seems like you will be giving birth soon. Sooner or later, you will have to raise the male leads love percentage.]

(I know. But for some reason, it's just stuck. But don't worry, I have a plan. Ok, this was a good talk and all but I'm going to have to wake up soon. Keep updating me on what Shilian and Yu Zhuang are doing.)

[Yes, Host]

In the quiet room, Xiao Lan carefully stepped in, her footsteps so quiet, it seems like she had gotten use to this. Holding a bowl of porridge in her hands, she walked up to Bai Mengxiang, a calm and gentle expression on her face.

As she got closer, Xiao Lan sat down on a chair beside the bed.

"Imperial Noble Consort, it's already been two months. Although Xiao Lan has been trying so hard, the maid who had done this to you is nowhere to be found. Even His Majesty can't get a hold of the people who had schemed this plan to harm you. I heard from His Majesty that if you give birth, there is a low chance that you will survive. Honestly, I already know that you will chose the child over you, so it doesn't matter even if I try to stop you." Xiao Lan held onto the bowl tightly, her expression hard to explain and she paused for a second.

"His Majesty has gotten colder, as if he can't trust anyone because of the incident that had happened to you. Even the Empress Dowager can't do anything to help him. Her Majesty, the Empress has also been trying her best to find out the truth behind your accident. But, it seems like all of the clues we have found so far just comes to a stop." Xiao Lan stirred the bowl of porridge, cooling it down as she spoke, her eyes still on Bai Mengxiang.

"Imperial Noble Consort, I already have an idea about who had done this to you. I already have an idea but I don't have any evidence behind my words so I can't do anything. For now, I'll keep finding evidences and will continuing waiting for you to wake up." Xiao Lan put on a sad smile as she said this.

Just then, as she finished her words, Xiao Lan thought that she had saw Bai Mengxiang's finger move. Her mouth opened up wide, and her eyes grew bigger, then, she stood up, the bowl of porridge dropping from her hands and she ran out the door.

A moment later, a couple of fast footsteps could be heard as they ran towards Bai Mengxiang's room.

Xu Yongheng opened up the door, staring at Bai Mengxiang as he slowly stepped towards him.

"Mengxiang," Xu Yongheng whispered, his eyes were able to see the very light movements Bai Mengxiang made and couldn't hold back his happiness.

"Someone, call the Imperial Physician."

Bai Mengxiang's fingers continued twitching before his eyelids began fluttering, on the verge of waking up. Hearing the soft whisper from Xu Yongheng, his eyes finally opened up. 

"Yongheng." Bai Mengxiang's voice came out hoarse but his voice was still clearly heard.

Not just Xu Yongheng, Xiao Lan was also unable to hold back her happiness as she shed tears upon hearing his voice.

"Mengxiang, I'm right here." Xu Yongheng said as he saw Bai Mengxiang turn to look at him, his eyes filled of joy.

Bai Mengxiang focused his eyes on Xu Yongheng, confusion within them.

"What happened?" Bai Mengxiang asked, still unsure why he was lying on the bed.

"Mengxiang, I'll tell you everything later. For now, drink some water first." Xu Yongheng couldn't help the happiness within him as he saw that Bai Mengxiang had finally woke up.

No one will know but those two months that Xu Yongheng had spent without Bai Mengxiang felt like an eternity. Every day and every night, the only thing he could think about was Bai Mengxiang.

Holding a cup of water in his hand, Xu Yongheng helped Bai Mengxiang sit up and helped him drink the water.

"It's a great thing you are awake now."

27