3.12
128 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My name is Andy Jules, an alpha and the new guard from Lebanon. Today is the first time I have some to the castle, and I have been sent to become Prince Will's personal guard." Victor slightly bowed down as he introduced himself, intentionally showing a badge by his side.

The lady still held Will within her arms, but her expression softened. She turned to look at Mark. "And who are you?"

Mark merely replied back with a cold face, "My name is Daniel Lovensci, an alpha soldier sent from Lebanon to become Prince Nile's guard."

The girl finally relaxed upon knowing that they were sent to help them. Standing up, she held onto Will's hand as she said, "My name is Sherry, a beta and Prince Will's maid. I have been by his side since the moment he was born and have been taking care of him for a while now. Thank you so much for what you've done, helping us escape from Princess Lia's hand." She earnestly said her gratitude.

Victor immediately smiled as he replied back, "It was no problem, in fact, that should be our job. It was my first time meeting the princess today but I can already tell that we won't get along well."

Sherry smiled as she heard Victor's reply. Then, gently tugging on Will's hand to get his attention, she gently smiled as she said, "Your Highness?"

Will glanced at her, eyes dull and lifeless, he finally turned to look at Victor and Mark. "Prince Will, an alpha, 10 years old." Short, he didn't say anything else and resumed his silence.

Victor couldn't help but feel worry for the boy. When Mark turned to look at him, he wasn't able to hide his worry.

"Sherry, let us accompany you to send His Highness back to his chambers."

.

.

.

Sherry finally walked back to them. She wiped her eyes gently as she smiled, saying, "Once again, thank you. I know that it seems like something that anyone would do, but there has been many times that the guards wouldn't listen to any of my word."

As she sat at the table, Victor sent a watchful gaze towards Mark before finally asking his questions. "Sherry, has His Highness always been treated this way?"

Sherry looked at them for a good second before determining that these people wouldn't harm her or Will in any way. Shaking her head, she sighed as she explained, "No. Before Princess Lia was born, although His Highness' position was shaky, he was still treated much better. It was only after Princess Lia was born and got older that she continuously treated Prince Will in this way." She stopped as she looked around the room. "Prince Will's own castle used to be better. We had more maids to help us around, but there is only me here now. All the maids were dismissed by Princess Lia."

Mark kept silent as he listened, his eyes only staring at Victor. It wasn't that he didn't sympathize, but it was already hard to show emotions from his already cold heart. Most of all, there was nothing he could say. He was never one who liked to start conversations. These type of things just didn't suit well for him.

"The King hasn't done anything to stop this? No matter if he likes the Queen or not, Prince Will is still his flesh and blood, and an alpha who might take the throne." Victor's voice came out in shock, surprise and most of all, disbelief. Not really, but we'll go with that.

Okay, let's be honest here. This wasn't who Victor really was, and even though he had less restraints, this still wasn't his real character. And so, as he liked to say, it was merely him acting. He did feel pain for Will, and the real him would still help him, but not feel as much pain as the amount that he was showing.

Hearing what Victor said, Sherry let out a tsk. "That's what everyone would think. The King loves Consort Esme, the Queen is merely a political wife that he married to gain power. He could care less about the two princes' lives. He worries about his castle and his Consort Esme, that's it. Even though he had never loved Queen Talin, he didn't treat her as bad as he is now. Because of Consort Esme, the king even decided to wage war against A Nation, the nation whose king his brother had married. Consort Esme has the king in between her fingers, so much that the king doesn't even care about his brother."

Sherry let out a chuckle as she continued, "What a fool the king has become...King Erne should know just how powerful A Nation is, but he's still deciding to go to war just because Consort Esme said so. Not to mention, there has been news that A Nation's first prince had come back from abroad from his studies under General Luther. King Erne is sentencing his soldiers to an impossible war against the most powerful nation in the world." As she said this, her face hardened.

"But didn't the king rise to the throne because of his intelligent mind? It would be dumb of him to do such an impossible feat. He is just sentencing his people to a worthless death." Victor shook his head as said so, watching as Sherry nodded her head to his words.

On the other hand, Mark still stayed as quiet as before. Victor was the one who knew best how to find out information, he had never been that type of person to talk much. But, seeing the furrow upon Victor's brow, his heart slightly skipped.

Now that Mark looked closely, he was finally able to see the slight details upon Victor. He was clearly a prince, but his demeanor was like that of anyone else. Almost, if not always, there was a smile on his face. He was untamed, he had a heart that cared for everyone, no matter who. There was a gentleness in the way Victor's eyes shone, the light that radiated from his stare.

If Mark was able to be with this man, how happy would he be?

[Male lead's love meter has hit 56%.]

"That was how everything once was. Now, love has blinded his eyes, making it impossible for him to see from the logical side. King Erne is ignoring the suffering of his people all because Consort Esme, even Queen Talin has been banished to her castle. Within this castle, Consort Esme has the backing of King Erne, her children runs wild without caring for anything. Queen Talin is the Queen, she has the highest position, but she has been locked away within her own castle. Once everything is destroyed, only then will King Erne realize his actions. By then, it'll be too late to turn back time," Saying so, Sherry sighed, a breath of air that seemed to carry all her worries.

Victor couldn't help it, but hearing her words, a stabbing pain echoed from his heart. It was as if he understood this feeling, it was something that had happened to him from before. Then, the same image appeared in his mind. A man dressed in white, a dagger piercing his heart as lightning struck from behind him. Blinking away the image, Victor took a deep breath.

(Fei Shang, are you there?)

[Yes, Host?]

(Is there a possibility that you can give me the memories of my past life? If I am correct, there is something hidden that I don't know. There is much that has been locked away, I'm sure that it has something to do with my past. Else, how can my heart always echo in pain every time I think about that man?)

[Apologies, Host. You have not met the level needed to access those memories. Although I have the right to authorize so, because of your lack of leveling, a possible glitch might appear that will wreck something in your brain.]

(Thank you then, Fei Shang.)

"Sherry," A voice called out from the door. Victor and Mark immediately turned their eyes towards the door. Mark's hands creeped to a dagger by his side, getting ready to attack the intruder.

Sherry was able to notice their movements and helped explained to them, "Don't worry, that is Prince Nile, Prince Will's older brother."

Sherry walked up quickly to open the door, letting in a man who was tall but not taller than Victor or Mark. He wore a white shirt with emblems on it, his brown hair had specks of gray hair mixed within it. His green eyes were gentle and calm, not at all like Victor's or Mark's. He smiled at Sherry before turning his attention to Victor and Mark. "You are?" Nile's voice was still gentle, but there was some hostility within it.

Victor and Mark bowed, "Your Highness, my name is Andy Jules, an alpha and a new guard sent to protect Prince Will." Victor said, smiling as he introduced himself.

"My name is Daniel Lovensci, an alpha and the new guard sent to protect Your Highness." Mark's voice was rough, cold and detached but Victor couldn't help his smile that only got brighter.

Nile furrowed his brows as he heard their words. "Guards? I haven't been notified about this matter..."

Victor almost thought their covers were blown. He knew that Nile was said to be a great advisor and thought about all possibilities, but he hadn't thought that Nile would be this observant.

"Your Highness, please sit here with us. Our identities weren't sent to the castle because there were some matters that could only be spoken to you. If it won't inconvenience you, allow me to explain everything." It was a lie created on the whim, but Victor's grin almost reflected all his confidence.

Nile looked at them a good second. Seeing as Sherry nodded her head towards him, he finally sat down on the chair as Victor began speaking.

.

.

.

"Baicheng, what do you want?" Zhu Luishui's voice was harsh, his purple eyes flared at Baicheng, who smiled at him.

Baicheng held a cup in his hand, swirling it as his amused eyes turned to look at Zhu Luishui. "So you finally agreed to meet me? I wonder what made you change your mind considering that once you have thought of something, you will go with it no matter what. After all, I also suffered from it." Baicheng let out a scoff as he dropped the cup, the cup of wine clanging on the table.

Zhu Luishui merely looked at Baicheng, not saying a word, but there was now pain within his eyes. He clenched his fist.

"What? Do you regret it now? Back then, you had betrayed me after everything I had done for you. But, it's already too late now. I already hate you to my very core." Baicheng said these words so easily, as if he wasn't talking about his own life, as if it wasn't him who had been hurt. In fact, he said it with a sneer, cocking his brows towards Zhu Luishui.

"It's alright, I'm already getting my revenge. Back then, you had betrayed me to save your brother, so now that I've already gotten rid of your brother, I won't do anything else. In fact, from this day on, let's say goodbye to all our ties, how about that?" Baicheng glanced at Zhu Luishui, leaning against his chair.

"You know well that every word you're saying is a lie." Zhu Luishui said these words through his teeth, as if he was trying to ignore the pain echoing from his heart at Baicheng's words.

Baicheng's sneer got even wider, his eyes lighting up dangerously. "It seems like you know me even better than I know myself. You're right, be it in life or death, I will never let you go after what you've done."

3