Journal Entry 16
647 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 16

I slept in for a long time it seems, as when I got up, the sun was already high above me, and there was a thin layer of snow around my camp. I quickly got up then, the Manaphage shining, and got to work clearing my campsite of all the snow. After about thirty minutes, I was able to get a fire going again, the heat quickly beating away the cold. I sat back, chewing on my freshly warmed jerky, and looked at the forest in front of me, the treetops gently blowing in the wind. I sighed, I was going to have to go hunting, or at least try and set some traps, without a rope.

I got up after griping to myself some more and started to head into the forest, carrying one of the plates of carapace with me. I slowly jogged back to where I stopped last time, about 5 miles away. It took about an hour and when I got there, I realized I wasn't really out that tired, just a little winded. I took a Short break and started to get to work.

I took out the plate of carapace I had brought with me, and used the thinner end like a shovel and started digging. I was able to dig down pretty far, almost a foot down before reaching hard roots. I stopped there, thinking it would be futile to try digging through them, and started digging outwards instead, slowly widening the hole. It took a while, but eventually, I made a hole about three-foot square. Satisfied with that, I stopped digging and started to gather the fallen sticks around me.

I gathered a fair amount of general foliage before getting back to my hole. I then started to carefully cover the hole, using the long sticks first then moving to the twigs and leaves. Stepping back, it looked pretty okay, at least, I thought so. Looking at the sun I realized it was getting pretty late, I decided to start heading back, collecting some more straight sticks to be whittled into spears.

 

 

sorry about the short chapter, lost power and had to type it out on my phone

18