Journal Entry 46
319 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 46

“you know Luis, you can't keep doing these jobs, they're too dangerous!”

“Hun, I've told you, the dam was a freak accident, that never happens, and besides they already arrested Mr. Ophidias, for something like understated dangers or something, and-”

“You keep avoiding the problem Lou, we can't keep doing this, its too dangerous, and I barely get to see you anymore, and you were in the coma for a week... I just... I can't...”

“Hun, hold up, wait, no we can work this ou-”

“I'm breaking up with you Lou, I'm sorry, but this is goodbye, I'll grab the things I left at your place, and slip the key under the door, you won't ever see me again. Bye.” she hung up then, leaving a dial tone for me to whine into. After a minute of talking into the phone, I hung it up on the receiver, the hospital had brought me the phone, saying I had a call. I was devastated, and stuck in the hospital, my left arm broken, half my head wrapped in bandages, the doctor said I'd be able to see with glasses, that I was lucky, Boris could never walk again, his spine had been broken, and completely inoperable, they had found him under a chunk of cement and rebar, passed out and barely breathing. I decided to visit him, once again, his room only two doors down from mine.

“Hey Boris, that was a... a shit job.”

“You know Lou, I'd have to agree, I mean, we haven't even gotten paid yet!” he looked me in my good eye, a very serious stare before a grin formed, “but the hospital nurses, very nice!”

“God damn man, nothings gonna keep you down will it?”

“Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought, I wanted to retire, and now I don't have the option not too, and its state-funded, what's not to love!”

“The whole broken spine, and not walking thing?”

“Yes, but I know a guy who can help me with an electric wheelchair, you know, spruce it up.”

“You're gonna have Fred speed boost a wheelchair for you, then what, go for long drives in the park?”

“No, I've had nothing but time, and I found out that you can get all-terrain wheelchairs, with tank treads, let you go anywhere in the woods, forest, even snow! And I already talked to Fred, he's working on it as we speak, as soon as I'm cleared, I'll have a second set of wheels to roll out of here on.” he grabbed his laptop and passed it to me, showing me the videos of them going over fallen trees and stuff like that, climbing steep hills with ease. “Shit, that's actually really cool Boris, what are you planning on doing with it though?”

“Well, hunting has always been a passion of mine, and it is just sitting on your ass, shooting things, and I already got the first half down, Ha!”

“...and dragging, hoisting, and gutting the deer, if I remember correctly.”

“Well, I have friends who would love to go hunting, and helping me for half a deer they missed sounds like a good trade to me if they have to do the dirty work, speaking of, do you have anything planned in the next few months, I have a trip planned you see.” he took his laptop back, grinning like a fool, nothing could keep Boris down it seemed, not even half a ton of concrete and rebar. “I'll have to check with my secretary, but I could have them pencil you in for a week or so.” I responded, only being able to keep a straight face for a couple of seconds before we both started laughing, feeling a sense of relief and hope wash over us. We where alive, and we had a lot of money coming our way, we were living the dream, right?

We kept talking for a while longer, shooting the shit, and enjoying ourselves, when a rather, uh, well-endowed, nurse came in, “Boris honey, its time for your medicine,” she said in a sing-song voice, “Lou, it was good to talk to you, as always but-”

“Already on it.” I stood up, and left, feeling a lot better. I walked back into my room and grabbed my cup of pills left on my side table, with a covered cup of water. Downing the pills like a shot, washing it down with the water. I sat on my bed, grabbing my laptop, and started looking up rifles and pistols for hunting, losing myself in videos of people shooting guns at things, and reviewing them. I lost track of time, not realizing it was already night, only when the nurse brought my dinner, a burger, and some fries, and I took a break, before getting ready for bed, and laying back, looking forward to going on a relaxing hunting trip with Boris, Fred, and maybe some of the other guys, make it a whole big group thing, thoughts of the break pushed far away, not wanting to let them spoil my mood. I could feel the drugs the hospital had given me kick in, slowly putting me to sleep.

 

Spoiler

Don't worry, the whole diary isn't just some dream in the hospital, but neither are the dreams of him in the real world just dreams, you'll find out tomorrow what's happening

[collapse]

9