The Lives before Today, Don’t Matter
220 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“With more money than I can imagine, and been with more women than I can count; I’ve lost interest in it all.

 

This is where I’m supposed to meet the women of my dreams who fights against me, and shows me that not every woman is the same. Or where I disown my possessions and start a new, only then to find that there is one woman for me.

 

Neither is true as I’ve already experienced both. A girl who showed me that life isn’t all about money nor is romance so easy to experience. In the end, she fell for my charms and it wasn’t interesting anymore.

 

I left all my possessions behind and lived as a working man, I worked a stall, made friends with other stall works, and experienced romance. Though she turned out to be the same, she fell for me the same way everyone else had.

 

It is all so boring, there is no longer any excitement to this life.” He monologued, the words written in perfect cursive.

 

These were the final words of a man who had lost his path, or someone who made his own path and got bored of the future.

 

The act of waking up in the morning and instead of finding an enemy standing overhead or your love at your side. You find yourself isolated and without purpose. He took the gun and ended his own life.

 

You may find it strange and want an explanation but instead, continue to watch.

 

“You have been selected to be reincarnated.” The Goddess spoke, her words sweet like candy.

 

“In a fantasy world?” He questioned, his voice excited.

 

“No, back as yourself. On the day of your birth.”

 

“No. Send me to hell instead.” He requested, his voice monotone, if not angry. His voice was deep and husky, commonly called a bedroom voice.

 

“You have been selected. We can’t turn back now.”

 

“I don’t want to repeat it! I didn’t end my life only to return to it.”

 

“Aster…”

 

“Don’t! Let me guess you feel sympathy for me? Let me guess you expected me to thank you? You didn’t expect a man who just committed suicide to be angry when ordered to return to that life? How naïve are you!”

 

“I do feel sympathy. I didn’t expect thanks though!”

 

“What did you expect! I don’t want your sympathy! I want to be dead! I don’t want to live that life. I want to be a no one. Do you know how it is to be praised day in and day out, without them even knowing you? Do you know how it feels to be loved without being yourself? Do you get how it feels to be isolated when you are surrounded? You don’t! You are a god, are a supreme being! How can you understand the problems of a mortal!” His voice was passionate, the power behind it without equal, as he berated the thoughts of the goddess.

 

“Aster! That was not my intent! I wanted you to start fresh I wanted you to be different than yourself of this life!” She tried to explain but it went upon deaf ears.

 

“Start fresh? You wanted me to start fresh when I hold all this knowledge? It isn’t like it will all magically leave me, the twenty years of life where I lived in isolation despite being surrounded by people.”

 

The goddess was tearful as the words left her, “I didn’t want that. I wanted you to be happy. I wanted you to experience a life where you could feel love. You hated living so much, that I wanted you to be happy.”

 

Aster paused. He wanted to continue being angry. He wanted to continue shouting, continue screaming at this goddess. He couldn’t find it in himself. He lost so much track he hadn’t noticed tears were dripping down his face.

 

“I know how it feels Aster. I know exactly how you feel.” The goddess muttered under her breath choked out between sobs.

 

“Then why put me through this?”

 

“Because I didn’t want you to die filled with sadness.

 

You will be reborn Aster.

 

I’ve watched you live every day and it is because of you lived that I wanted you to be happy.

 

I feel isolated from everything as well, I’m worshipped but no one knows my thoughts, I’m lonely but I can’t find a kindred spirit…

 

Then I found you. I found someone who had everything but felt like they had nothing. They had all one could desire but were lonely at the summit.”

 

“Then why make me reincarnate. You know I can’t be happy even if I changed my life completely.”

 

“Because I will be reincarnated with you. Together, we will be alone in this whole world together. Aster, I love you. I can’t allow you to end your life in such a way.

 

All your potential, all the future paths you missed. I can’t allow it to end in such a way.”

 

“Together…” The word seemed so foreign to Aster yet at the same was always with him. He felt attached to the word but it was out of reach at the same time.

 

This is the start of their story. For their lives, they both lives before now are unimportant. For this is how Aster became Goddess’ Husband. For this is how Goddess found herself no longer to be alone.

 

2