Ch. 10 – Mesozo’s Maso City
1.6k 10 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stuck my head out the window feeling the warm breeze, my hair at this point was cut in a low afro so I could feel the breeze wrap around my head. Finally opening my eyes...

“What.... the.... fuck....”

What made me astounded was that after passing the curving pebble road and immense waterfalls along the mountains was the towering stone wall I was seeing for the first time. The wall had to be at least the size of moonlight tower in what used to be New York.

“Ahhh he has more of a reaction to the wall than to our swords, I can tell this may be good addition to our Sendai Clan’s orphanage HAHAAAHA!!”

Ren kept a straight face while Yui chuckled and laughed.

“We’ll see soon enough when we get you to the identifier.”

Ren was skeptical about my origins, shit I would be too. I would even guess that he cooked up that abrupt plan to see my reaction. But I’ve been through worst than that.

“Why is the wall that huge? It seems unnecessary.”

The three gave me another surprised expression. Then Eiichi spoke up.

“If you are a spy, your damn good at feigning ignorance. Although it may seem unnecessary, from the reports around Paleo you’d understand.”

Ren who started shaking his head and looked out the window.

“Behemoths are nothing to fuck with.”

After crossing a large moat we arrived at the 2-story house sized gate. There were several guards keeping watch while one of them walked up to the carriage.

“Identifications please.”

All three of them reach in their pockets and handed a couple of glowing purple cards and fiery red glowing card. Belonging to Eiichi, Yui, and Ren respectively. After receiving the cards the guard spoke up.

“Oh? Sendai Clan? How’s Taira this time of year?”

“Still beautiful as always.”

“I bet, alri- wait I need your ID as well young man.”

He looked at me holding out his hand and I looked at Eiichi, Yui, and Ren.

“He’s to join an orphanage sometime soon so don’t worry too much and I’ll take him to register at the palace.”

“Alright that’ll do. Mana guide you.”

“Mana guide you.”
“Mana guide you.”
“Mana guide you.”

‘Is the religion here based on mana as well?’

The carriage entered the city at a relaxed pace, upon entering, it blew my mind. For medieval architecture this place is also vertical with at least some multiple story buildings, bridges over and across the roads, aqueducts and people traveling by river, like in Venice, Italy.

“Dammmmnnn...”

Honestly this place was something to behold. For something so beautiful, it’s just as deadly, Goblins, Orcs, and whatever the fuck a Behemoth is. Not to mention, arch-humans and whatever else there may be.

This city was sprawling with all types of people just like San Francisco. Asian, Black, Caucasian, Hispanic, and a plethora of others. Damn.. exactly the same. I doubt they identify as that though due to this being a whole different planet.

“Hey hey, stop staring so hard. I’m starting to believe your forest story. Pfffttt.”

Eiichi was laughing but I was dead serious. The entire time my mouth was wide open while staring at every thing. Even though I was basically raised in a pretty fucked up but stylish environment, it felt either rustic or sleek. This felt more alive, rivers throughout the city, people riding horses and shit.

“Have you decided to join our orphanage, uhhhhm what’s your name?”

Yui tapped my shoulder and asked the two questions her brothers were thinking.

“I might as well join, y’all are the only connections I have to this place. And no, I don’t have a name.”

“Hohoho now its time to get you to the identifier to see if you’re worth all this hype I’m feeling.”

After about a 35 minute ride we arrived at the Sendai orphanage.

“How in... the... fuck.”

The building was literally a castle built on a water fall. It had a long bridge taking you across the mile wide lake underneath it, leading right into a springing courtyard that had cherry blossoms all over. The rest of the castle had a English medieval design, but the main part of the castle had Japanese style roofing.

‘This is wild...’

“Alright alright calm down kid, I know you go crazy for architecture. If you’re a blue mana type you can go ahead and do it hahaha.”

“Huh? Are blue mana types considered trash?”

Eiichi stopped walking towards the courtyard’s gate.

“Woah not at all, it’s just that if a blue fights any of the other types it’s already a huge disadvantage, plus it’s the way more common type among all continents. Not everybody is meant to be a fighter, but learning how is completely mandatory.”

Walking through the doors there were white crystals along the walls throughout the castle similar to how lights work. We quickly came upon a room that had a large circular metal plate with a tall mirror in the very middle of the room.

“Alright, step on the metal plate and let the mirror identify.”

Not wanting to seem like a spy I stepped up to the plate.

“Wuuuuuummmm”

The mirror rippled like a rock dropped in the water.

——————————————————

Name: ???
Age: 17
Class: High Arch-Human
Mana Type: Pure
Affiliation: Himself
A.K.A: Young One

Strength: B-
Agility: B
Stamina: B
Intelligence: C+
Willpower: B+
Mana: A-
Luck: A

Passive Perks: Deva Oculi, Divine Comprehension, Evolutionary Body
Skills: Maniacal Mana Technique

——————————————————

‘Pheewww, Self Reflection, Soul Devourer, and ???? perfectly hid themselves. If I had to guess there’s a slight chance I’m the only one who can hide their status.’

“WHAT TYPE OF SHIT IS THIS???”

Eiichi yelled out loud dropping the piece of wheat he had in his mouth all this time. Ren and Yui had dumbfounded looks plastered on their faces.

“The fuck is a High Arch-Human?”
“Pure mana type?”
“How did he already get an A.K.A?”

“His stats are abnormally high for an unawakened, and what the hell is luck.”
“I’ve never even heard of these passive perks before.”
“How did he get a damn mana technique!!?”

‘Ah shit’

“Ssssk”
“Ssssk”
“Ssssk”

57