Ch. 14 – Treasure Midst Trash
1.5k 5 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘The kid actually followed me.’

The fuming red faced ginger and his group of other Nordic like kids followed me to the weapon shop all the way on the other side of the castle near the sparring grounds, there were a lot of other kids of all age ranges there practicing fighting techniques, falling out from dizziness, and even just doing regular physical training.

‘Should have expected this would be the most active part of the school.’

I walked inside the weapon shop instantly blitzed by a warm comfortable feeling, I could tell it was nearing winter outside, the suns were up but it felt around 70-72 degrees.

‘Do they use mana almost like they’re an A.C or heater?’

“Hey, you’re new here right? My name is Gunne the head blacksmith and teacher of money management classes.”

Gunne was a Nordic man with a bald tatted head with a long tied up black beard with brass metal bands on them. He was about 6’8 and wore a brown long sleeve shirt rolled up his forearms with light brown pants and boots. He had red eyes indicating his red mana type.

“Yeah I am actually, what gave it away?”

Gunne pointed at my waist, back and then my face.

“No weapons on you, plus you still got the baby eyes, so they call them in Paleo. Usually kids here are told to keep their weapon on them at all times and be somewhere adults are near.”

“You come from Paleo? What’s it like there?”

Gunne smirked and pick up his hammer.

“I’m an orphan like you, I was born there but was sent to Mesozo to join the Azouf Clan orphanage. I’ve been back to Paleo about 5 times since, to put it in simple words what it’s like.... cold, mountainous, cozy and most importantly.... deadly.”

“Deadlier than here?”

“Way worse.”

‘...I should go there after awakening.’

“Eiichi told me to come here for a weapon. Is it for free?”

“Yeah, the first free weapons are over there in the barrels, after that you’ll have to pay. Weapon maintenance isn’t free either so you’ll probably end up doing small jobs if you need money to fix it.”

I thanked Gunne for the information and went to peruse the shop. Eiichi already informed me of the basic money situation. Crescents or Crests are what they call them and they act just like cents, different sized coins for different values.

‘Wait.. what is that?’

——————————————————

Name: Gunne’s Surprise

Sharpness: D+
Durability: A+
Enchantments: Sword Skill Up, Relentless

——————————————————

There was a special sword amidst all the other free swords they give away to new people coming in. They also had other weapons like spears, bows, and daggers etc.

‘I wonder how fast I’d become a master with this sword?’

I wanted to pace myself, but there was still a feeling of wanting to get overpowered quickly. The only reason I left the library is because I didn’t want to learn useless skills I’d never use like aura of reflection.

The sword had a basic long sword design except for the fact that it looked like an obsidian metal was used on it. The guard and pommel had inscriptions on them while the grip was halfway covered in black leather. Unsheathing the blade revealed an obsidian inscribed fuller while the rest of the blade was a shining silver.

‘The blade looks like it can be sharpened, comparing all the other swords in the bin only this has enchantments.’

I walk up to Gunne who was busy hammering away at a shield.

“Hehehe somebody has finally found the treasure amongst the trash heap. I put that sword there at least 20 something years ago. But none of the kids think it’s worth it because it’s not sharp.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back to sharpen it once I gain some crests.”

Gunne smiles and reached in a bag that was next to him and throws me a pamphlet sized book.

“That should get you started on your sword mastery journey kid, usually I make people pay for those.”

In my hands was a small book titled: The Beginning - Sword Affinity. I looked at him quizzically.

“Don’t worry, you won’t have to pay for a sword mastery book, it goes right into it once you pass advanced-upper level sword affinity. Now get out of here, go practice and don’t die anytime soon.”

I waved Gunne goodbye. While walking out I opened the small 5 page book...

<Beginner-Lower Sword Affinity: 100%.....
Beginner-Upper Sword Affinity: 100%......
......
......
Beginner-Upper Sword Mastery: 100%>

“..............”

‘I only read one line.....’

It seems Divine Comprehension, Way of the Sword and Gunne’s Surprise combined are way deadlier than I think. Although I didn’t gain anything else from the pamphlet.

‘When I was reading that line it felt like I already knew the answer, like how if someone asks you what’s 1+1 and you subconsciously say 2.’

It felt as if I put my blood sweat and tears to learn the sword basics for years, but I really just have an unparalleled Passive Perk.

Walking out the store I looked towards the group of Nordic kids and smirked.

“Who wants their ass beat first!!?”

55