Ch. 17 – Imperial Sun Wardens
1.4k 1 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Marc
Age: 55
Class: Warden
Mana Type: Blue
Affiliation: Imperial Sun Guards
Level: 9

Strength: B+
Agility: B
Stamina: B
Intelligence: B
Willpower: B+
Mana: B

Passive Perks: War Ready, Body of Evanescence
Skills: Mana Blade, Mana Shield, Counter Technique, Blue Dream, Intermediate-Upper Sword Mastery

———————————————————

‘Body of Evanescence?’

The guard ran towards me, he damn sure wasn’t as fast as Eiichi but he was disappearing gradually.

‘Ohhhh Evanescence is basically invisibility.’

“Sorry but that weak invisibility shit won’t work on me.”

Activating Deva Oculi I threw my sheath at him. Running to meet him I realized that my body is getting closer to it’s actual movement without the perk on.

He easily deflected the floating sheath as I anticipated giving me enough time to do what I wanted.... kick him in the balls.

“Uggghhhh”

“Not about to waste time fighting your weak ass.”

I picked up my sheath, returning my sword to it and in my peripheral I notice someone.

“Layla, were you just gonna stand there?”

“Hahahaha Marc is one of our promising wardens, I wanted to see how you fair.”

She shrugged and gave a beautiful smile.

“But you’re lucky he wasn’t a paladin hahahaha”

“I’ll know when I see them. Who are they?”

“There are only 5 paladin positions in the Imperial Sun Wardens. You can think of them as a tier or two below the honored of Mesozo.”

“And the Wall of Eyes?”

Layla had a surprised look on her face, completely caught off guard. But she quickly recovered.

“I’ll only tell you that after the wedding.”

“Wedding? The fuck?”

Layla quickly spun around while ignoring my comment and grabbed my hand.

“Come on I’ll show you your room, it’s pretty far from here.”

‘This girl is possessive as shit’

“See you later no nuts.”

Marc was still groaning on the ground holding his nuts in a fetal position. Initially I thought I should’ve scaled it back a bit but remembered they can heal pretty much everything here except death. If they had a revive spell, that shit would be crazy.

Upon entering the enormous palace you can tell whoever interior designed this had paid attention to every detail. Golden statues that look lifelike, paintings of past family and the paintings of different levels of completion of the castle, even the tables were well carved with what looked like squares with scenarios in each.

There are a lot of family photos here, I even see one with a little Layla. It looks like she has 15 brothers and sisters...

“CoughCoughCough”

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m good Layla.”

Some are even of uncles, aunts, nieces and nephews.

“You have a shit ton of family members, are those your parents.”

“I used to have a lot of family....”

Caught off guard by that statement I looked at her quizzically.

“When my parents died during a Colossus attack-“

“Fuck is a Colossus?”

“You don’t want to find out physically. Anyways after they died, an in house civil war erupted causing a lot of my family to kill each other, I was too young to even know what was going on. Grandpa was away at the time, otherwise he would’ve taken control easily. Eventually it left me with one sister, two brothers, and only four aunts. Out of the initial 15 siblings and 25 aunts and uncles.”

“Geeezz what the hell? Is it that serious?”

“Mesozo is the strongest continent by far, so I guess it’s like being ruler of the world.”

“Ugh, why anyone would want that is beyond me.”

Truly, to be responsible for every one of the idiots out there? Nope I’m good on that.

“Too bad you’re gonna have that, right grandpa?”

“Wha- grandpa?”

47