Ch. 22 – F is for F***ed
1.6k 13 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*

Odeila’s blood soaked beaches

“When the fuck did they learn ranged skills?”

“It must be the one in the water still.”

“That seems reasonable but let’s not forget some of us also have ranged skills and still carry melee weapons”

After pulling the injured under the shield wall, Sten and some trusted warriors were having a quick analysis of the situation.

“The water is reaching that behemoth’s knees, it’s too deep for us to charge.”

“Then we fire back, get 20 people and fire whatever they have in rotations with another twenty... can’t believe we’re in this dry ass fight.”

After that order from Sten started an arduous long range fight.

*

Kjarra City

“Zzzzzzzzztcrackthhaahh”

“Haaaa my brother is an idiot sometimes.”

Ren arrived in Kjarra City due to him keeping up with the situation in Paleo, as it’s always changing. Gnupi Village was a central location there 10 years ago, before they found a better area to inhabit.

Kjarra is not only lush but has great natural defenses with a gargantuan valley to the north of it, making it an obvious choice. Eiichi who prefers to travel physically and doesn’t keep up with other continents other than Mesozo and Taira, would obviously be uninformed.

“Ren?! Finally you are here! Please follow me to Axe Valley.”

There was a person waiting for Ren’s arrival to take him to the battlefield quickly.

After about a 5 min ride...

“Oh.. fuc-“
“Squelchhh”

The person who was on the absurdly large horse got punctured by a large spear through his head in front of Ren. Causing blood to splatter all over the horse that was carrying him.

Ren hopped off his horse and got low with his longbow. Unlike Eiichi, Ren didn’t wear armor, he chose a relaxed kimono which showed his chest with some sandals. The longbow he had was beautifully ingraved. It was a dark brown but the ingrained carvings shown a light tan color.

“Doooom DOOOOM”

Two more huge spears were flung his way but they were easily dodged by Ren.

‘Seems as if they were able to push up this high in the valley.... is everyone..’

Shaking his head to remove those thoughts he pulled back his longbow and a large fire arrow appeared. The instant Ren released it caused a shockwave, heat and air fluctuated around him.

“THUNK”

“Huaaaaa BOOOOOOOOOM”

A loud scream followed by a huge explosion.

“That should be it, I need to find Vali..”

*

Odeila

“For fucks sake! This is boring Sten.”

It been 30 minutes of a ranged skill fight and everybody was starting to get bored. Even the behemoths had a bored look on their faces.

“Yeah, that’s true, and only scared bitches fight like this anyways... and the behemoths never do....... wait.. THEY’RE STALLI-“

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOM”

A group of 8 more behemoths popped up from the beach right under the shield wall instantly breaking the formation, the behemoths that were in the water ran forward as soon as the line broke, some were injured during the ranged fight, but could still fight on.

‘Fuck is going on, why are they so coordinated now?’

Sten who was currently floating in the air from being flung by a rising behemoth was trying to contemplate this abrupt change in tactics.

‘It must be the largest one in the water, he’s one I’ve never seen before.’

There were some behemoths that were like the top dogs among them and they were all gigantic. Even to this day they have yet to be killed.

Looking down Sten made up his mind.

‘Close off the hole and pull back.’

A simple thought, but hard to pull off for anyone else on the battlefield. As for Sten, he was a top warrior in Paleo. Charging up his mana, Sten started to glow a bright red, his tattoos started to turn even blacker, wielding his great axe he started to spiral downwards back towards the group of behemoths.

“Oh shiiiit... SHIEELLDS !!!!!”

One of Sten’s close friends noticed what he was doing and instantly called out. Luckily he was at least a mile high in the sky and their people had enough time to bring the shield apparitions back. Even then that only took 2-3 seconds for Sten to close the gap.

“WuuuaaamBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM”

The shockwave produced by Sten’s drop was next level as everyone holding the shield wall started to slide back what seemed like 50-100 yards. The area soon became like the top of a volcano with the heat rising. As the sand and smoke cleared you could see Sten standing on a pile of charred behemoth skeletons and crispy innards right above 20 yards of pure glass.

“..........YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAHA”

Everyone immediately started cheering for Sten’s display, he took out the 8 rising behemoths and caused one of the sprinting behemoths to fall backwards and hit his head on a boulder along the rocky shoreline of the beautiful beach, instantly splitting his head upon contact.

“NOW EVERYONE....

Everyone got excited as they felt their momentum surge.

PULL BACK!”

“What?”

42