Ch. 27 – Time to make moves
1k 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Potentially over 40-50 people want me dead and gone. I’ve been in this world for only a week, but I’m already targeted.’

I was in a guest room changing my tattered clothes. A lot of the maids were green mana types so they healed my left arm, it took 4 of them to do what Layla did. Putting in perspective the difference in healing ability between Gold and Green mana users.

“I have to be on the move constantly to avoid assassins, guess I have to try a year of adventuring....”

I didn’t want to initially but now it seems the smartest thing to do. At first I thought I had more time, but now that it’s happened it’s best if I’m a moving target.

I went to lay down on the cloud like bed, staring at the elegant ceiling I didn’t fall asleep until I fully closed my eyes for two minutes.

I woke up without a dream this time. Compared to Earth, the prolonged night and day really throws off my timing.

“I’m going to need a backpack and some clothes to get started. Should check my status before as well.”

——————————————————

Name: Fazil
Age: 17
Class: Lord of the Sword
Mana Type: Pure
Affiliation: Himself
A.K.A: Young One, Monster

Strength: B+
Agility: A
Stamina: B
Constitution: D+ —> C-
Intelligence: B+
Willpower: B+
Mana: S-
Luck: A

Passive Perks: Deva Oculi, Divine Comprehension, Soul Devourer, Self Reflection, Evolutionary Body, Way of the Sword, Old Lord’s Movement, ????
Skills: Complete Sword Mastery, Mirroring Mana Blade, Maniacal Mana Technique

——————————————————

I unhid some of my passive perks to get a view of all my passives. I hid them again and got up.

‘At least there was a benefit from letting gravity whoop my ass.’

After stretching and getting cleaned up again I threw on some clothes, a white long sleeve shirt like when I first arrived and the same black pants and boots. Soon after, I started looking for a backpack. Which led me to being outside in the lush courtyard talking to a guard.

“Uhhh I think there are backpacks in the guardhouses, I don’t know if they’ll hand-“

“Kuhumnn”

The guard stopped talking and looked behind me. Turning around, it was Layla.

‘How does she always find me?’

“What do you need a backpack for?”

I shrugged while speaking..

“I might decide to be an adventurer for the year until I awaken, it’s not safe for me to be standing in one spot being an easy target for assassins.”

Layla had a surprised look on her face.

“W-wait. Your not even awakened they won’t accept you, plus even if you move around what makes you think they won’t find you?”

‘True, true.’

I nodded but had a rebuttal..

“What makes you think I’ll be protected any better here after what happened yesterday. Plus can’t you just give me a blue ID card and they’ll allow it?”

Layla’s eyebrow started twitching while she shook her head.

“No no no no, of course I could but I won’t give you a fake ID. Argh look, just wait until grandpa Ivan returns I’m pretty sure assassins wouldn’t dream of coming near here.”

“That’s very true..

She relaxed and gave a slight smile

..but how could I ever call myself an Emperor if I hid behind one..”

Layla’s face froze

“Also don’t you want to marry me because I’m strong? I’m quite sure when I come back next year I’ll be beyond everyone.. even Ivan’s overpowered ass.”

Now she was tapping her foot while looking in the air. Stopping she threw something at me.

I caught it and I looked in my hand.

A silver and gold ring with two suns and two moons.

“What is this for exactly?”

Layla raised her eyebrows.

“This is better than a backpack, except it only carries 10 items no matter the size. It’s my old ring grandpa gave me... uhh Fazil?”

I was staring blankly at my hand..

‘Somebody beat me to it, but it seems the amount of items are pure ass .. I guess I could work on that but I’ll have to wait till I can use mana to craft powerful items.’

“Are you even listening to me?”

Layla was poking my shoulder waving her hand in my face.

“To be honest I haven’t heard a word you said after backpack. But do I need mana to use this?”

Layla rolled her eyes and slapped my shoulder.

“Just put it on and find out, particularly that finger.”

She pointed to my ring finger on my left hand.

‘She think she slick.’

I put it on my right ring finger and instantly my whole hand stung and started shaking.

“What the fuck?”

“Calm down it’s just the stingers that will pull mana whenever you want to use it.”

It subsided after about 10 seconds giving me a cool relieving feeling.

‘I should’ve identified it before but, oh well.’

——————————————————

Unawakened Storage Ring-

1/10 Slots in use

⁃ 10,000 Crescents

——————————————————

“..whoa whoa, you can’t give me all this money..”

Layla looked surprised smiling

“How do you know how much is in there? Usually people can’t even discern between 1 or 10000000 Crests in rings.”

“Stop acting like Celeste hasn’t told you anything. Still, I can’t take all this.”

She laughed holding her stomach

“Look, I can’t allow my future Emperor to walk around crestless. Just take it, use it if you wish. I doubt it’ll last the year anyways.”

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I shrugged and let it go. Plus if she wanted to stop me she probably could with all the guards plus her in the courtyard.

Layla put both her hands together and turned around.

“Wait I still need a card-“

Something hit my chest and fell on the ground, looking at it it was a blue shimmering card with my name on it.

40