Ch. 29 – B Rank Quests
1.1k 0 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amara and the female receptionist stared at the mirror.

“Good physical stats, but his mana..”

The receptionist looked at me

“Are you aware of the ranking system?”

I shook my head no and she resumed talking.

“There are only four ranks, C, B, A, and S.”

She held up four fingers while sliding a piece of paper towards me.

“Initial placement is based off of your stats, but a major deciding factor is your mana level. In your case, you’re physically a B maybe even an A rank depending on skills and passives. But your mana is making you qualify only for C rank.”

I looked at her with a relaxed smile

“I’m fine with whatever ranking to be honest.”

Amara and the receptionist raised their eyebrows

“Really?”
“Huhhh?”

There was literally no need for me to be invested into having a high rank...

“You do know that your rank decides what missions you can take.. right?”

Amara looked at me questioningly while having a huge smirk on her face.

“Wait, so C rank missions are like fetch quest?”

“More times than not hahaha”

My face turned stale as fuck.

“I-uhm is there a way for me to get a B rank at least?”

The female receptionist looked at me smiled

“There is one way, if you complete 5 B rank missions you can request a rank-up. But even then it’s not a guaranteed. The higher ups don’t really appreciate those that go up like that.”

‘I could care less what they ass think, I’m trying to leave the city, and run around while getting money.’

“Let’s do that then.”

The receptionist shrugged and registered me as C rank. Afterwards Amara waved with her mug returning back to the tavern, the receptionist walked me to the B rank area. Every rank had a designated area in the building making it easier for people to team up with similar ranked adventurers...

Which left me on an island..

“Whoaaa a C rank?”
“No go.”
“Last time I took a C rank multiple people died.”
“Even if you could give me mana I wouldn’t take you man.”

‘Shit.’

It seems like I’ll have to solo some missions, but even then..

——————————————

: Goblin Village Eradication (B-A)

A goblin village has been found stealing resources from a mine outside Maso City resulting in the death of miners.

⁃ High possibility of goblin variants
⁃ (40-?) Amount of goblins are subject to increase month to month
⁃ Possibility of an orc appearance

——————————————

“........how?”

——————————————

: Dragon Bait Placement (B)

Place Yeti meat given near Two Stone Peak. (Much thanks by the way!!)

⁃ As soon as you place it, run.

——————————————

“... more dragons? Yetis too?? Why does it sound like it was requested by another adventurer?”

“Because it was, nice blue eyes by the way.”

Before I entered the tavern I stopped by a shop that sold weird trinkets like these color contact lenses, apparently people use them to protect newly awakened kids from unneeded attention.

I turned around from the board to see a woman, she was around 6’5, and had something similar to a loosely worn hijab on her head. The white cloth went well with her green eyes.

“I heard an S rank adventurer posted that, good luck hahaha”

She left just as quick as she came. S rank adventurers were like hidden anomalies, people that have potential to be nobles but chose otherwise, some even are current nobles looking for adventure. To put it into perspective there are about 6 million adventurers and only 60 of them are S rank. But even then there are enormous power gaps in S Rank.

“Fuck it..”

I took the ‘Dragon Bait’ parchment off the wall.

‘I’d be damned if I run into a goblin village, especially one with variants in it. After what happened last time I know what to expect.’

During my walk toward the same receptionist, a commotion broke out near the A rank area.

“What type of shit is this?”

“Seems Paleo is really requesting assistance now.”

“Makes since especially if you consider the fact that Paleo hasn’t been able to establish a solid foothold even for the Adventurers guild to put an HQ there.”

There was a group of people clustered around the board, most likely speaking on a mission.

I knew something important was going to happen in Paleo but I’m not built to handle something like that in my current situation. I wish I could take part but, it’s not the first time I’ve been left out the party.

I walked towards the familiar female receptionist.

“Since we’ll be working together, what’s your name.”

“Ha! You finally decided to ask? My name is Roselle.”

32