Ch. 32 – Cost Efficiency
979 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the journey back to the Adventurer’s Guild. I walked up to Roselle to tell her the completion of the mission.

“Ha, seems someone’s got friends in high places now.”

“Huh?”

‘Did they figure out my relations with Layla already?’

“I’m talking about Neith, you know she’s an ‘S rank’ adventurer, and one of the few with no sub guild relations.”

“Like Quicksilver Guild?”

Roselle nodded her head while sorting paperwork.

“Right, for instance the ‘Adventurer’s Guild’ is really an organization now. Where as there are other sub guilds under it where people are more likely to make their own name.”

Adventurer’s Guild was the initial name when it began in Mesozo. Afterwards it branched out to other continents under the same name. The sub guilds under it are mainly people that hope to team up with other people safely to get things done. There are often issues of adventurers getting into conflict amongst each other, Sub guilds dumb this down a bit. To join a sub guild you need to undergo a test of their choosing.

“I think I’ll just stay solo for the most part.”

Roselle shrugged her shoulders while looking at me.

“That’s fine but B rank have a ton of team based missions, since your alone your more likely to be targeted by snakes.”

‘Very similar to earth with that saying.’

“Well, I’m going to get another mission. I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Damn don’t you take a break, I’m almost off work in a little bit.”

“I have somewhere to go, so I’d like to at least be a B rank before then.”

“Whatever, hurry up before I leave.”

The B ranked area had plenty of people in there selecting missions. After a couple minutes of searching I finally found a mission worth taking.

—————————————————

: Dungeon Core Eradication (B)

Dungeon Core sighted in Deadfall Canyon, anyone willing please destroy it.

• May have either Undead, slimes, or other monsters of lesser intelligence.
• Dungeon core was spotted in cave near an intersecting river.

—————————————————

‘I think this may be good, it’s also time I get some equipment....’

I just realized people were staring at me because I had on a regular long sleeve medieval like shirt with gaping holes in it and scorch marks all over my clothes.

After I made up my mind, I went back to Roselle so she could register my selection before she left.

“Ahhh good ol’ Dungeon Core Eradication quest. One of the more consistent mission throughout all ranks. Be careful though, even though all monsters around will have low intelligence, they’ll be high in number.”

“Yeah, I guessed that, I’ll be prepared though.”

Roselle finished registering me and closed down her booth. She looked at me and waved bye.

I walked over near the crafting area. You could hear the loud clanging of craftsmen working on whatever projects they had going. Next to that area was an armor and weapon shop who’s name I ignored due to my eagerness to buy something.

I felt like I was in one of those old ass malls they stopped continuing back on earth due to online shopping taking over. I walked through the doors, entering the shop I see armors on my left and weapons on the right. I stared at my ring to see my balance.

——————————————————

Unawakened Storage Ring-

2/10 Slots in use

⁃ 9,350 Crescents
⁃ Gunne’s Surprise

——————————————————

I spent 1k crest on those fake eye contacts but it was worth it to be honest. I just made 350 crest on the first B rank mission I did. All this was making me realize I had a good resource pool thanks to Layla but I still needed to make a solid amount of money.

‘I’ll cross that bridge after my 5th required mission. What I’m worried about now is if I should waste money on armor right now.’

Armor cost were anywhere from 1k - 4k crest. Whereas weapons were 500 - 2k. But those were just the normal type weapons with a few enchantments on them. I have great survivability compared to most due to constitution, and the best way to raise it is unfortunately to get my ass whooped. But this worries me because I just took a young dragons flames close range and I still didn’t receive a boost to my constitution stat.

‘If I go with armor now I’ll have to deal with maintenance cost more frequently. But I need a weapon to finish off enemies quicker, and weapons have a much lower maintenance cost.’

Decisions, decisions, I was pacing around the store browsing items when all of a sudden a store employee came up to me. I told him of my predicament.

“Ahhhhh, honestly speaking....

He looked left and right and leaned closer

..it’s way more cost efficient for you to just buy a weapon at this point, especially if you have faith in your ability to dodge. From your clothes alone I can tell you’re quite good at that.”

He pointed towards my scorched shirt, even though it had gaping holes and scorch marks you could tell I was untouched.

The employee looked left and right again and lowered his head while looking at the armors.

“I’m also not supposed to tell you how it would be wayyyyyyy~ better to just get tattoos for a person like you.”

My face had an incredibly skeptical look on it now.

“Tattoos?..... How is that gonna stop an arrow from going through me?”

He patted my shoulder while shaking his head and smirking.

“Hahahaha young mana leaf, you still have much to understand. These aren’t just regular tattoos like most people have, a master of elite quality must be found in order to pull it off. As of right now the best is in Taira, but there are some good ones in Paleo.”

He laughed and leaned towards me again.

“Plus I heard the master artist in Taira is a renowned beauty able to go toe-to-toe with the empresses themselves.”

He had this weird look on his face like he reached the peak of sexual satisfaction, when all of a sudden...

“Bangg”
“GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK, OR ILL PUT MY FOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT MANA WILL LEAK OUT!!”

After a boot hit the back of his head a loud female voice reverberated inside the shop. The armors and weapons shook a bit, making me think of an earthquake.

The employee quickly rushed to the backroom and the lady that was behind him waved at me while smiling.

“Hi! Please enjoy browsing our wares, if you have any questions I’ll be at the counter.”

She turned and walked away...

33