Ch. 39 – Restoration and Progression
824 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sprinted towards the blue tornado at full speed and stuck my left hand in.

Part of the mana tornado dispersed on contact with my flayed bloody hand. Grabbing one of the chains I forcefully pulled causing him to lose balance.

Catching his footing he looked at me surprised. Just as quick as he started spinning, I stopped it.

“How the hell did you disperse my mana like that?!”

He didn’t seem to care if I answered, his chain already aiming for my neck.

Easily dodging, I yanked the chain again refusing to let go of it with my bloody hand.

He kept sending accurate and precise swings that showed off his delicate control of this unorthodox weapon.

I could tell he was still trying to put mana into the chain I held, similar to the other chain he was swinging around.

The blue aura would creep up the chain until getting close to my flayed hand and disappearing entirely.

“What the hell are you?!”

At this point me and shadow guard have been doing this for a good 20 seconds.

‘I think he’s almost out of mana.’

This would be my first time watching somebody exhaust their mana, but I decided against it.

I rushed in chain still in hand, while dodging his strikes.

I quickly appeared behind him, looking up he already was sending a straight kick towards me.

With the flayed hand I did a slight flick mirroring his technique.

The chain easily circled around his kicking leg. Dodging the kick I smoothly transitioned to his side while pulling the chain. He started awkwardly falling to his side.

Once he hit the ground I moved in for the kill.

Then I had a weird piercing feeling on my right shoulder. I moved and the chain shot past me covered in mana, my shirt and my shoulder were ripped a bit.

I looked down and rose my hand up.

The guard spoke.

“I must inform the Queen.”

It was in a whisper but I could still make out what the shadow guard was saying.

His body was in the middle of turning into mist when..

“Fuck no. Where you think you going?”

“Wait. WHAT- Cracckk”

I put my short sword straight through his head.

He tried to escape but I put my bloody flayed hand on his cloak and he returned to solid form.

“Well.... that was some shit.”

His agility was the same as mine, but it felt like he didn’t utilize it because of his weapon choice.

‘I should look into a second weapon as well, don’t want to get too predictable especially against experienced fighters. Thankfully due to Divine Comprehension, I can afford to be a jack of all trades.’

Looking up I saw the soul floating up slowly. After grabbing and eating it, the same freezing feeling came over me except this time..

——————————————————

Name: Fazil
Age: 17
Class: Lord of the Sword
Mana Type: Pure
Affiliation: Himself
A.K.A: Young One, Monster

Strength: B+
Agility: A
Dexterity: D
Stamina: B
Constitution: C-
Intelligence: B+
Willpower: B+
Mana: S-
Luck: A

Passive Perks: Deva Oculi, Divine Comprehension, Soul Devourer, Self Reflection, Evolutionary Body, Way of the Sword, Old Lord’s Movement, ????
Skills: Complete Sword Mastery, Mirroring Mana Blade, Maniacal Mana Technique

———————————————————

“Hahaha.......”

‘I knew Soul Devourer is overpowered but..... damn’

What balances it is that it didn’t give me his actual dexterity grade which was an A+.

Picking up my short sword I felt a slight difference.

With just Complete Sword Mastery I felt like I could accurately swing and control the sword, as well as naturally have better footwork.

With Dexterity unlocked there was a feeling of no need to think on any hand movement. Almost like how a seasoned pianist can close their eyes and play.

Twirls, flips, swings, catching and reverse holding the hilt.

‘This is insane.... I feel like a genuine master with the sword already...’

At this point I became more and more interested in the heights I could reach with the sword.

My hand was now fully healed along with the new scar on my shoulder.

Dusting myself off, I gathered the silver gleaming chains the shadow guards used and left to find my horse.

34