Ch. 41 – Saint Bridge
828 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In order to get to the mining area we had to cross through the eastern half of the city.

This part of the city had been built on valleys and more under-passing rivers with crystal clear waters.

The lush green grass and plethora of flowers among the valley gave even more life to the scenery.

After about an hour of travel, we came to an elaborate bridge that would take a premium shit on the Golden State Bridge.

“....daaaammn...”

My 15 associates looked at me inquisitively.

One of them, was an Asian woman and one of the A ranked adventurers in this group.

She had a black hooded cloak that was worn open showing her light silver colored armor that easily reflected the sunlight. The sword on her waist also looked like you would need a boat filled with crest to purchase it. Her horse was light brown with black hooves and hair.

While her green eyes illuminated under her hood she spoke.

“You’ve never been to this side of the city before?”

“Nope not at all.”

I answered shamelessly.

“Well damn, welcome to Saint Bridge.”

Everybody chuckled and kept moving.

The dual Suns in the sky made this part of the city feel bright because most of the buildings where white, similar to a Greek style.

‘A lot of different buildings in this city alone.’

I was definitely curious how the buildings looked on other continents. Mesozo seemed to be a mecca, with a piece of everybody’s culture.

Getting near the bridge you could clearly see the towering parallel statues.

They’re both holding swords out parallel over the bridge. It was both a man and a woman but they looked unfamiliar.

I whispered low to myself.

“Who are these two people?”

One of my associates happened to hear me and burst out laughing.

“Shit hahaha, you definitely didn’t pay attention in class huh? Everybody and their mothers know about the first two Saints Isaac Mehz and Veronica Welsh.”

“Wait... Welsh? I heard that name before..”

“Yeah, most likely due to Owen Welsh head of the Imperial Sun Wardens. They’re the second most powerful family in Mesozo.”

‘Layla did tell me about him that’s right.’

I looked towards the guy who was giving me information.

He had his helmet on so I couldn’t tell what he looked like, only that the chest piece was a leather brown light armor while his helmet was silver. The sword on his back was a longsword with a dragon on the pommel.

The strength discrepancy of arch humans compared to regular humans is insane.

I say that to mention how I came to the realization recently that longswords could be treated like one handed swords. I even started to wonder when the obnoxious fantasy swords going to pop up.

The new regular sword I bought is a longsword and it’s insanely easy to swing.

“Hey, what does it take to be called a Saint?”

I was curious so I had to ask

The guy turned his head towards me, a strong blue light coming from his eyes through the helmet.

“Easy, once your class has the word Saint in it hahaha. But there have only been 3 in existence if I remember correctly.... Isaac Mehz, Veronica Welsh, Daigo Sendai, those are the-“

“Greatest warriors of all time.”

The lady who had the black hood on with light silver armor cut the guy off.

Trotting up beside me she spoke again.

“In order to become a Saint you must have 3 stats on SS rank, at least that’s what they chose to tell everyone. They even said that once you reach that level in a stat, it specifically awakens.”

I scratched my head while looking confused.

‘I haven’t trained seriously yet, I have plenty of time to see if it’s true.’

They both chuckled and the guy with the mismatching helmet spoke.

“Don’t worry, reaching SS in a stat is close to impossible for most, the higher the stat level the harder you have to train. But, maybe we’ll get there one day huh Sachi?”

“Pffft hahaha, unfortunately life is a bitch.”

The woman in the black hood named Sachi retorted while smiling.

‘That’s a saying I can relate too.’

Shaking our heads we started to ride in silence, the enormous Saint statues soon shading us from the suns.

Passing through the guarded tollway we made it onto the bridge.

A strong breeze came and brung yellow, pink, and violet flower petals along with it, the smooth scent of honey filled the air.

My mouth hung open as we started across, the traffic was insane but everybody was moving smoothly. Different color carriages, more super horses, and even people walking on the far sides.

The bridge was made out of metal and stone, high above a lively river headed straight for a water fall.

Luckily the bridge was only a couple of miles long or else the way I was staring at everything would’ve tipped my associates off.

Exiting the bridge the stone walkway widened and a large stone slab was in the middle.

Going towards the right side there was only three names on it, Isaac Mehz, Veronica Welsh, and Daigo Sendai in that order.

‘A memorial stone, with a ton space for more names.’

Trotting along I wondered if I’d leave my name for the centuries to come after.

35