Chapter 19
672 21 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided that it would have a sort of administrator role in the system. While the proper system would be able to give me enough raw data on things to be set for life, having an actual thinking being be able to provide me information would be far more worth while.

Before I decided to speak to it, I made sure to tell Amy not to appear before it since I wanted it to be a bit different than just another humanoid. I sent a wave of intent with English which quickly let it learn how to speak English.

Instead of appearing as an avatar and speaking through that, I decided to create an avatar similar to the ball of energy. Quickly, the ball seemed to notice the appearance of a massive amount of energy, far above its own, appear in front of it. I decided to remove the pressure keeping it in a compressed ball form and it quickly expanded before bringing itself back together.

Instead of forming a humanoid shape it slowly shifted back into its compressed form similar to how I appeared. I made a line of energy appear from my ball form and it connected to the ball of energy and I spoke to it through the link.

"Hello"

It seemed a bit surprised before it also connected through my link and spoke into my avatars mind.

"Hello, who are you?"

"I am your creator"

"Why did you create me?"

"To oversee everything"

"What exactly am I overseeing?"

I quickly moved my focus out of the barrier and moved it to a proper place and expanded it to a bit bigger than a galaxy and then created an entire galaxy. I had to admit, when it came to creating basic elements like this, it was incredibly easy. The only problem was that the planets were too smooth, asteroids seemingly too jagged, everything was just slightly off from reality.

It was mesmerized in the scene I created. I spoke to it while it was focusing on the galaxy I created below us. It was a bit strange being able to tell where it was focusing based on the concentration of soul energy in it more in one direction than the other.

"However, your main focus will instead be living things. To be exact, sapient beings."

I sent images of things like dragons, elves, beastfolk, and humans.

"While I plan for the system to be present everywhere, certain planets will have different types of access to the system. I need someone to help oversee the system and give me needed information."

"System?"

"Yes, it will be a non-intelligent being that will encompass as much of the universe as it can. I am going to design it in such a way that allows it can expand quickly."

"Have you already created the system?"

"Not yet"

"Can I watch you make it?"

"Sure, but first, do you want to give yourself a name?"

"I want to be called Overseer"

"... As a name?"

"Yes"

"Okay"

I didn't really see any downside of letting Overseer watch the creation of the system. Removing the galaxy I created I prepared to remake the same type of energy.

I had experience from making Overseer accidentally so I was prepared to successfully make it this time. I watched Overseer's soul energy in him seem to focus entirely on the ball of energy I was creating. Right as I started putting in the soul energy, I suddenly felt thoughts and confusion coming from the ball.

"..."

"..."

After around two hundred tries I finally made the system as it was intended. I quickly connected with it through my link and it wasn't thinking, yet it was able to listen to commands and react. I began following the instructions from the Cyin which all went perfectly. As I superpowered the system, which I had decided to just call it 'the system' for convince, I saw it grow in power and it began to expand, since it's soul energy was always spread out evenly, it was able to perfectly react anywhere.

There were around two hundred balls of energy around me and as the system began to expand faster and faster from me giving it more and more energy, it quickly hit the barrier. I noticed that the soul energy density was slightly higher around the balls of light and it was especially dense around me.

I moved around a bit and I noticed the dense cloud of soul energy surround me wherever I went. Briefly wondering why it was focusing on me, I spoke a single word that was used to interact with the system. For normal creatures however, the unique energy from the system would be able to exist normally inside their bodies, allowing them to use their thoughts to access the system.

"Menu"

Menu
Status
Shop

While it did look a bit bland, ideally, most beings would only be able to use the Status which would show them a page describing their stats. Clicking the Status option closed the menu and opened a new screen.

Level: Disabled
Titles: The Creator
Abilities: Unknown
Strength: Disabled
Constitution: Disabled
Dexterity: Disabled
Intelligence: Disabled
Wisdom: Disabled
Experience: Disabled

I chuckled a bit as I saw all the disabled things, but it made sense since the avatar I made was of similar substance to the system's energy so it interfered with it. As I clicked on my title almost instinctively, I saw a new screen open above the status.

Titles Effects
The Creator Access to the Editor menu option, total control over the system

Closing my status I muttered 'Menu' quietly and the menu showed up again but with a new option.

Creator Menu
Status
Shop
Editor

Curiously clicking Editor I was met with a small screen.

Select something to edit

I chose Overseer as a test and I saw his status appear but with a few extra options.

Level: Disabled
Titles: Energy Being [+]
Abilities: Energy Manipulation [+]
Strength: Disabled
Constitution: Disabled
Dexterity: Disabled
Intelligence: Disabled
Wisdom: Disabled
Experience: Disabled

It seemed that I could add any ability or title from a large table that listed tons of abilities. However, it was not all abilities as I noticed a few abilities missing but the System was made in such a way that let it grow from things happening within its range of influence.

I noticed two titles that caught my eye.

System Administrator Given system authority
System Assistant Given limited system authority

I added the title to Overseer which seemed to give him a notification as he reacted to it and then he asked me a question.

"How do I use this?"

"Say Menu to open your menu and you can navigate it through pressing the boxes"

"Alright, Menu"

Overseer seemed to be pressing faster and faster as time went on. I saw his soul energy start getting more and more active as he gained speed. I had no idea what he was doing as such a high speed, suddenly, I saw numerous notifications appear in my vision.

Administrator Overseer granted the title System Assistant to-

I sent out an order directly to the system and the notifications stopped. I didn't need to see every time a title was given so I watched as Overseer talked to all the other balls of energy. As I looked at them all, I shook my head, it took way too many tries for me to get the systems energy right.

An interesting ability they all seemed to have after messing around with the system for a bit was being able to merge with the system and move instantly anywhere within the range of the system. While they were in the merged state, they could easily see everything happening inside the system. I tried to marge with the system as well and my avatar got overwhelmed, luckily, it wasn't directly me or else I would have frozen for who knows how long to process the information overload.

After they finished, I made them all come around me and I began speaking.

"All of you will maintain the system and keep it in order. I know Overseer showed you all the galaxy I showed him, there are countless galaxies outside of this barrier. However, before I release this barrier around us, I want to you all to meet someone. Amy, come inside to say hello."

Amy, who was able to see from the outside, teleported inside and waved.

"Amy is my assistant for trying new things, if you ever need any help, feel free to ask her"

I noticed Amy glance over at me with a slightly confused look but I ignored it. I changed my avatar from the ball of energy to a humanoid. I really had to give them a better name than balls of light.

"From now on, all of your kind will be called System Controllers."

Removing the barrier, I saw the system quickly take an absurd amount of energy to expand. Quickly, the System Controllers all merged with the system to see everything happening and I was left alone with Amy. However, I noticed the soul energy in the system was still hovering at a much higher density than normal over me. I sent an order to the system to treat me as a normal being and the density vanished.

"So, the system was a success I assume?"

"Yeah, here, to access the system, try thinking the word menu and let me give you a title."

After I gave Amy the title she seemed to be super interested in the system. I designed the system in such a way that without me or someone else with authority over the system, it wouldn't interfere with anything. Instead, it would only passively observe and gather information on everything in its area of control.

I destroyed my avatar and zoomed out. Previously, when I used my energy vision, there wasn't much that stuck out but when I was looking at my whole universe I saw a visibly expanding area of energy at an absurd rate. While it wasn't going to instantly cover my entire universe, it would easily get there given an hour.

As I looked over my whole universe, I wondered if there was anything outside of it or if I could try and control the entire thing. As I tried to instead of looking at it from the inside, moving outside, I quickly felt a very strange sensation and my vision seemed to pop out.

All I saw was darkness. Except for a small expanding bubble of activity. I lost my ability to zoom in and out of the void but it seemed like my vision was growing with my universe. I also heard things. They were muffled voices. I strained my hearing but I couldn't make out any word, but I heard voices.

Suddenly, I wondered what would happen if I tried to go out of my universe while in the void region. I felt the familiar shifting feeling and this time I didn't feel any resistance. However, right as I was about to shift completely, it felt like I hit something.

The voices were far clearer and I could actually feel my body, but I couldn't move it at all.

"We need a doctor over here! Jason Revens heart rate suddenly spiked!"

I was a bit freaked out that I couldn't move and I felt my body start jerking.

"Patient has started to have spasms!"

It felt like there was some kind of barrier keeping me in my universe that was preventing me from completely going back to reality. I tried to hit the barrier and I felt like I got hit by a truck as waves of pain crashed over my body. I was jolted back into my universe and I felt the barrier seemingly 'move' closer to my universe instead of reality.

The last thing I heard as I felt myself shifting back into my universe sent me into a huge panic.

"Get a defibrillator now! Patient has flat lined!"

I have a plan, but I wanna hear what you guys think is gonna happen next and or in the future. Or you could tell me what you want to see, I actually had to rewrite this chapter after I read all the suggestions you guys had because it gave me quite a bit of inspiration. Any feedback (even negative as long as it is constructive and not just "you suck") is welcome!

15