Chapter 12
684 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending the day lazing about and having deep heart to hearts, Wang Li decided he would stay the night and was snoring on the bed while Xu Chen was turning off his laptop. He was about to snuggle into bed too when his phone vibrated.

Martian: Asleep?

Chen Chen: who are you?

Martian: Guess

Chen Chen: hmm, give me a clue first

Martian: what do you want as a clue?

Chen Chen: Do we go to the same school?

Martian: No

Xu Chen was confused as he thought about who he could have added that wasn't from his school; in the end he couldn't come up with anyone and gave up without even guessing.

Chen Chen: I don't know, tell me.

Like the night before all he got in return was an alien emoji, Xu Chen couldn't be bothered with this person and stuck his tongue out at the screen before he put his phone away, then snuggled close to Wang Li and fell asleep.

. . . . . .

Three days went by and Wang Li thought enough time had passed. He had thought over Kong Da's situation and figured that if any issues came up in the future then they could deal with it together, but for now, Kong Da's past wasn't something that could push him away. Over the three days Wang Li hadn't just thought about Kong Da's history but also on how to properly say his feelings and why he felt the way he did towards Kong Da. On the way to the studio, he picked up a small sweet cake from an expensive bakery and was dropped off alongside the restless Xu Chen.

"Why did I need to come? You'll be spending your time with your hubby."

Wang Li looked over at his friend nervously and Xu Chen sighed as he pulled open the door for two of them, he knew his friend was having war flashbacks to the first time he had brought a cake to the studio. After coming to the studio so often, Wang Li didn't feel nervous whenever he visited but now it was as if he had returned to the time when he first came with the large bag of buns. The night before, Wang Li had messaged JieJie asking to borrow her car and as he walked passed the front desk she handed over her keys and pumped her fist, in hopes to cheer him on.

He already knew Kong Da wouldn't have a client until after noon and Wang Li walked up the stairs to where his hopefully future husband was drawing. Xu Chen reluctantly sat down on the sofa as his eyes followed his best friend up the stairs.

The door to the small back room was open but Wang Li still knocked lightly on the door, Kong Da looked over and saw the small box in Wang Li's hand, he didn't have time to speak before he was told to follow and Wang Li walked back down the stairs, he made sure to take one step at a time since he couldn't trust his feet anymore.

Outside, Kong Da still followed behind Wang Li, he had asked where they were going when they had walked to the front entrance of the studio but he didn't receive any answer. Wang Li walked over to JieJie's car and unlocked it, getting into the backseat and slid over. Kong Da awkwardly stood outside the car refusing to get in and looked at Wang Li with a complicated expression. Before Kong Da could freak out or walk away, Wang Li said calmly.

"Hop in, we're not going anywhere."

Wang Li patted the seat beside him and smiled up at Kong Da gently, this smile always caused a shiver to run down Kong Da's spine. He stood outside the car for a while longer with his hands shaking before he awkwardly slid into the cramped back seat, his legs almost touching his chest. Wang Li had forgotten how long Kong Da's legs were and placed the box down between them before he leant over the front seat and moved it forward until he couldn't move it anymore. Kong Da was able to sit with his legs out a little as he slouched down. Wang Li then picked up the cake box and sat so he was facing Kong Da.

"Fu~ I thought over everything you told me the other day Da Ge. I know it must've been hard for you to tell me and I wanted to say that your past doesn't affect how I see you."

"Yes, you made some mistakes but you're not to blame for what happened that night. I don't see you as a murderer, at first I saw you as someone who was a little distant but now after spending more time with you, I can see how kind and loving you are. What you did at the campsite proves that you are a good person."

"Before when you first asked if I liked you, you asked me why I did and back then, I'll admit that I just thought you were handsome so I didn't know how to answer but now, I know why I like you. I like you because you like sweet things like me and I like when you ramble about your tattoos. You're responsible and professional but your fun to be around too. I feel safe when I'm around you and even your voice was able to calm me down when I needed it most. I want to be there for you like that, we can get over your fear of driving together and the rest we can work out when we need to"

Wang Li's voice was getting shakier the more he talked and he finished off his long speech with one more sentence.

"Da Ge I really like you and I want to date you."

Wang Li handed over the small box and Kong Da took it with trembling hands, he opened it and it was a small cake with red roses iced on top. He stared at the cake and Wang Li could hear his heartbeat in his ears as he waited anxiously for an answer. After staring at the cake for a full minute Kong Da's voice broke the thick silence, he spoke in a barely audible whisper.

"I want to try with you."

Although his voice was quiet Wang Li had heard him. Before Kong Da could register anything, his body was pushed sideways as Wang Li lunged to hug him tightly. The cake almost fell out of his grasp in the warm moment. After pulling back, Wang Li exhaled with a wide smile.

"I was so scared you would say no or refuse to even get in the car."

"Hehe, I almost did."

Kong Da tried to catch his breath while Wang Li dug around in his pockets. Kong Da was about to open his door when Wang Li grabbed his hand, placing a small fork in it. Wang Li had a fork too and he took a large piece of the cake and plopped it into his mouth happily.

"This is our first date, I can bring you lunch everyday and we can eat it here until you feel comfortable enough to sit in the front."

Kong Da was shocked at what this kid told him, forgetting forgot about the small bit of cake on his fork as he stared at the happy boy beside him eat his share of the cake. Wang Li wasn't paying attention to Kong Da until he felt a hand cradle his chin and he was forced to look up. The handsome man smiled softly at Wang Li and he felt his heart flutter.

"Thank you."

Kong Da swiped over Wang Li's lips with his thumb removing the cream and crumbs before he moved his hand to his mouth, licking off the cream. Wang Li's fluttering heart turned to rapid beats and his cheeks burned. He felt so shy he couldn't eat anymore and Kong Da quickly finished his half, afterwards the two left the stuffy car. The moment felt like an eternity for Kong Da but they had only been sitting together for ten minutes. He threw the rubbish away in a close by bin while Wang Li triple checked that he had locked the car. Kong Da turned to make his way back to Wang Li but was hugged tightly again.

"You weren't lying when you said what you said right?"

Kong Da hugged Wang Li back just as tight and lifted his head so he could rest it on the younger one's head, he gently told him that he wasn't lying and the tight hug became even tighter. Wang Li pulled back a little out of breath from the bear hug and looked up at Kong Da with a red face.

"I've never been in a relationship so I don't really know what to do."

"My track record isn't great too so we'll figure it out together. Okay?"

Wang Li smiled widely and agreed as they made their way back to the studio. Inside, Xu Chen was messaging the strange alien on his phone. He was a little frustrated since the person wasn't giving him a clear answer when he asked for the person's identity.

Martian: Beep boo I'm an alien beep boo

Xu Chen was at his wits end and asked for a picture if the person wasn't willing to tell him anything. The frustrated boy didn't receive a reply for a while and he thought that maybe this person was just making fun of him, when he was suddenly sent a picture.

The man in the picture was standing in a very fancy bathroom that looked like one you would find in a high end hotel, he was wearing a simple suit with a turtleneck underneath his dress shirt and the bottom half of his face was covered by a black mask. Only a small piece of his face above the mask was visible since on his head was a cap that had been pulled down. Xu Chen stared at the picture dumbfounded, his face was a little flushed and before thinking it through, he saved the picture and messaged back

Chen Chen: How do I know this is you?

Martian: It's me, your turn now.

Xu Chen sat around on the sofa without replying as he thought about whether he should send a picture to a stranger or not, but ended up rushing to the bathroom. He would have picked one from his gallery but Xu Chen never liked to take selfies, therefore he had none to choose from. After snapping a quick pic, he looked over the picture of his face and was reluctant to send it, the man he was talking to was so handsome. Xu Chen couldn't see his face but knew he was handsome; While his photo looked like some average teenager and Xu Chen could even see how nervous he was. After Xu Chen calmed down a bit then tried taking another and then another and... Xu Chen spent twenty minutes trying to take a good picture but hated all of them. Defeated, he chose the best out of the bunch he hadn't deleted and sent it. His heart was pounding as he walked back to the sofa where Wang Li was waiting excitedly.

Wang Li pulled Xu Chen down to the sofa and hugged him like he had hugged Kong Da before stating that his confession was accepted, the news was big enough to distract Xu Chen and he congratulated Wang Li with matching excitement. The two spoke for a while about dating and when Xu Chen would find a boyfriend before Wang Li went upstairs to sit with Kong Da. Xu Chen had been so caught up in Wang Li's happy news, he hadn't felt his phone vibrate and only saw the message when he opened his phone after he was alone.

Martian: Shit I think I have the wrong person

Martian: Sorry, sorry

Xu Chen's rapid heartbeat returned and he tossed his phone onto the coffee table as he smothered his face into the sofa cushion, hoping he would suffocate. Xu Chen was caught up in his own thoughts but sat up when his phone vibrated again. He didn't want to see if it was from the Martian but unlocked his phone anyway.

Martian: hehe, I was just joking.

A sense of relief washed over Xu Chen as he messaged back quickly.

Chen Chen: That wasn't funny

Martian: Beep boo, this alien says sorry, beep boo

Xu Chen giggled quietly as he opened the picture of this strange man, even though he couldn't see any of the man's features. He really liked how he looked and set up the picture as his new wallpaper, replacing his favourite idol. He thought that if Wang Li asked he could say it was another Idol. Xu Chen was thinking over what to type back to his Martian when he felt the space beside him dip and he looked over. Ma Tian was sitting next to him and poked his cheek once they made eye contact. Xu Chen moved his face away and got up to sit on the armchair, returning to his message.

Ma Tian chuckled as he moved to sit in the middle of the small sofa and spread his legs apart, leaving only a small space on either side of him. Xu Chen subtly glanced at the man close to him and saw that he was wearing joggers and a loose shirt, his hair was wet as if he had recently had a shower. Ma Tian was on his phone too but moved his gaze to meet Xu Chen's and chuckled again when Xu Chen diverted his eyes to look back at his phone. Xu Chen finally came up with something to send back and continued his conversation with Martian, ignoring Ma Tian.

13