Chapter 15
712 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kong Da was aware that Ma Tian had hired someone to follow Wang Li after they found that Chen Bo was stalking him, he had wanted to say something about the situation to Wang Li but decided against it since he didn't want him to worry or become scared. Today Wang Li was sitting in the driver's seat while they had their usual car date and he set aside his empty food container to pull his phone out of his pocket. Kong Da was still anxious about being in the front of the car and Wang Li tried to distract him.

"I secretly sent ChenChen's photo of his online lover to my phone, I feel like I know him but I can't think of his name or where I know him from."

Wang Li brought up the picture of Martian in his living room and scooted over to lean on Kong Da. He put aside his container before looking at the screen, Wang Li was too busy zooming in and out of the picture to notice the fault in Kong Da's expression. Kong Da quickly changed his face to look unconcerned and he said he didn't recognize the person. Wang Li kept zooming in and out on the man's face until Kong Da snatched the phone and deleted the photo, he was about to give the phone back but decided to look at Wang Li's gallery to see if he had pictures of other men, instead he saw the picture of him sleeping on the train.

"Hehe, that."

Wang Li shyly reached for his phone but Kong Da moved his hand back and turned the camera on. He pulled Wang Li closer to his face and took a quick selfie and passed the phone back. Wang Li looked over the photo, his boyfriend was very handsome since he looked a little ignorant and stone faced but his face looked silly. Wang Li peered closer and he angrily deleted the picture, afterwards he roughly wiped around his mouth to remove the food he had left on his face. Kong Da caught his hands since he was leaving a red mark on his skin.

"Why did you delete it?"

"I looked stupid, I even had food around my mouth."

Kong Da lightly laughed under his breath then he leaned forward and kissed the red area Wang Li had made, he used a little tongue over the skin too, licking the leftover food. Wang Li's breath caught in his throat as he ran both his hands through Kong Da's hair. He wanted more but Kong Da pulled away and opened his door, Wang Li could only take out their rubbish and lock the car.

He was about to walk to the street bin when Kong Da pulled him from behind into his lap while his long body leaned against the hood of the car. Wang Li didn't know what was happening then Kong Da kissed his cheek and held his phone out in front of them. Kong Da swapped the phone for the rubbish and Wang Li inspected the picture. The picture wasn't bad but he still thought he had a stupid expression when Kong Da had kissed him.

"You're not allowed to delete it."

Ever since Ma Tian had told Kong Da about the stalking, he couldn't help but slyly observe the area he and Wang Li would be in whenever they were outside together, it was the same with their car dates. Sometimes he would turn to Wang Li just to check if anyone was in the street behind him or hug his lover from behind and look around but he never saw Chen Bo. It had already been a few days but Ma Tian had found no definite location where the crazy man was staying.

Kong Da pushed the sense of dread in his body down as he held Wang Li's hand and they walked back to the studio. BingBing had been dying to see the couple in action ever since Fang Mei had told her about their relationship but whenever she arrived at the studio, Suo Su would turn her away. Today she was finally able to sneak in since Suo Su had a large tattoo he had to do and it would be taking him from the opening of the shop till closing. Wang Li had only been sitting on the sofa for less than a second before BingBing slid to his side, hugging his waist firmly.

"I hear you're dating Da Ge."

Un. Wang Li shimmied out of Bing Bings hug and tried to create a little distance between them, BingBing however didn't allow that and coquettishly leaned her head on Wang Li's shoulder.

"Any stories of your lover you want to share? Have you done it yet? I'll trade stories with you."

BingBing's words had barely escaped her lips and a wet tissue ball landed on her forehead, Wang Li tried to hold back his giggles as he saw Suo Su was walking over from across the room. The irritated man couldn't get a word out before Fang Mei ran down the stairs and swooped in to save her silly damsel.

"Hehe, don't mind her she doesn't know what boundaries are."

Bingbing wanted to talk back but stopped when she saw how serious Fang Mei was and she reluctantly got up, following behind her girlfriend as they walked back upstairs. Suo Su didn't bother sitting since his butt was numb from sitting for so long and groaned loudly as he stretched. Bones could be heard loudly cracking with every stretch.

"Suo Su, you need to take better care of your body."

Wang Li gazed in a mix of shock and disgust as he heard Suo Su's whole body crack. Suo Su had finally stopped and he shrugged as if it wasn't alarming before he told Wang Li that everyone was used to it since they were bent over everyday. When everyone's bodies became too sore, he would treat them to a chiropractor and massage.

Wang Li's heart ached for Kong Da's back and neck since his body was plus size in the height department, meaning his handsome lover would need to lean over further, causing more pain to his body. Wang Li sat alone on the sofa after Suo Su's break was over and he was able to think about what Ma Tian had told him. He didn't know if Kong Da knew but when he thought about the day Ma Tian had wanted to talk to Kong Da, he figured it could have been related to this. Regarding the situation, he didn't know how to feel since he wasn't told much. It's not safe for me to walk around by myself? Why?!

He spent a long thirty minutes thinking over the little pieces of information he did know. He knew Ma Tian had returned to the country for Kong Da's sake. Wang Li knew that the only person who had targeted him in his life was the man he had kicked, and this person had been after Kong Da first. After slowly thinking everything through, he deduced that Chen Ai's brother could be the one targeting him but he couldn't figure out why. Yes he had kicked him in the head...twice but was that reason enough to target him? Wang Li became a little confused while he thought over everything again and decided to go home to think over it more.

Kong Da was busy tattooing a back piece in his private room so Wang Li sent a short message instead of disturbing him and said his goodbyes to JieJie on his way out. At first Wang Li hadn't been scared after hearing Ma Tian's words but now that he had a feeling of who it could be, paired with the fact that he had thought so much about the matter, Wang Li had scared himself into paranoia. The walk from the studio to his apartment building was only a little over ten minutes but at every corner or alley Wang Li would check behind him or peer down into the empty alley, he thought he most likely looked like a criminal and tried to stop but he was becoming more frightened by the minute. Wang Li was about to pull his key card out when he felt a hand on his shoulder and he screamed loudly.

"Ah! What are you screaming for Xiao Li."

Mr Wang was standing behind Wang Li with a shocked expression and Wang Li quickly calmed his quickened heart, giving his Dad a random excuse before the two of them entered the apartment together. Mr Wang usually didn't return home during the day but he would be attending a small conference in the neighbouring city and would need to spend two days there. Wang Li hated his dad's timing for leaving him alone but tried to hide it as his Dad continued speaking.

"I already called Mrs Xu and Xiao Chen will be here tomorrow morning."

Mr Wang could clearly see his son's discomfort and thought it was because Wang Li was still settling in and didn't want to be alone in the apartment, he of course wouldn't think it was because his son was stressed about a violent man targeting him for unknown reasons. Wang Li felt a little better after hearing Xu Chen would be spending the time alone with him.

The next day Mr Wang left early so he could settle in before the conference and Wang Li buzzed Xu Chen in at noon. He hated secrets between him and Xu Chen so as soon as his best friend had placed his bag in Wang Li's room....

"WHAT?!"

Xu Chen felt his soul leave his body after hearing what Wang Li had told him and he was close to calling the police but Wang Li quickly stopped him. He didn't want the police to become involved since Kong Da had had the police in his life countless times because of Chen Ai's family,  they also obviously hadn't been able to arrest Chen Bo since HE WAS BEING FOLLOWED BY THE MAN!

"What about your Dad?"

"I won't tell him for now, if it gets serious I'll tell him but for now I think Ma Tian is the one handling this so I'll leave it to him."

Xu Chen slowly came to understand his friend's reasoning and agreed to not tell anyone unless it became too much. After being told about the scary person, Xu Chen didn't want to leave the apartment but Wang Li told him that Kong Da wasn't aware that he knew so he had to act normal and they would be heading to the studio today. Xu Chen was more scared than Wang Li now.

"Why aren't you scared? You're the one being targeted Xiao Li."

"Of course I'm scared but Ma Tian told me that it's best to travel with other people so everything will be fine since we're together."

The scared boy relaxed a little after Wang Li's words but thought to himself that if it came to a fighting situation, he wouldn't be of any help and might even cause harm to come to his friend. Xu Chen had no time to dwell on these thoughts since Wang Li was ready and they left the apartment together, the little virgins were a little scared after exiting the elevator and opted to hold hands on their walk since it calmed both their hearts.

"Try not to look around too much, it makes us look suspicious."

Xu Chen quickly snapped his head to face forward as did Wang Li. Walking down the street while holding hands the two of them received a mix of reactions but they simply ignored it since they had bigger issues. They had walked halfway when a sinking feeling emerged in Wang Li's stomach and Xu Chen felt Wang Li's hand turn cold.

Wang Li leaned in close to make it look like he was kissing Xu Chen on the side of his head but turned his eyes to see behind them and he saw a person duck into an alleyway, his heartbeat quickened and he whispered to Xu Chen what he saw. Xu Chen trembled a little but forced himself to stay focused since he didn't want to add to Wang Li's stress. The two were waiting at a crossing and Wang Li fake laughed as he hugged Xu Chen and spun a little, he saw Chen Bo a few meters away. The two men made eye contact and Wang Li clutched Xu Chen's hand tightly as he ran across the busy road.

Both Xu Chen and Wang Li weren't fit by any means since they spent most of their time eating and watching drama's but with the help of adrenaline, they were able to run faster than they've ever ran before, Wang Li quickly glanced behind him and saw Chen Bo was chasing them at a very fast pace. The fear in his heart doubled as he tried to push his legs to move faster, the grip on Xu Chen's hand never loosening. He knew that if it came to fighting, he most likely wouldn't be able to take Chen Bo on since he could feel his body tiring from the running and only focused on getting away.

The two ran as fast as they could but because they had ran into a busy road, they had turned down a street leading away from the studio, Wang Li didn't care where they ran to as long as they stayed on busy streets because they would be safer than if they were on an empty road. Xu Chen could feel his heart beat in his throat and his legs were burning as he tried to keep up with Wang Li's fast pace. Wang Li looked back again and saw Chen Bo was closing the distance between them, the two tried to run faster but their legs couldn't move any quicker, eventually slowing down instead. Xu Chen saw the stress in Wang Li's face and spoke through gasps.

"Ha~ I'll distract him fu~ you .. run to ha~ studio."

Wang Li was finding it hard to breathe so he couldn't talk but the tightening of his grip on Xu Chen's hand was enough of an answer. They turned onto another street but saw there was nobody walking or driving, the two were on the verge of exhaustion as they tried to run more but they were tackled from behind. Wang Li was turned over roughly and a heavy fist landed against his cheek. Xu Chen quickly got up and without delay, booted the side of Chen Bo's head with the little strength he had left. The blow was enough to push the buff man from Wang Li's body and Chen Bo shook his head as he set his eyes on the scared boy in front of him.

Fear was evident on Xu Chen's face as the colour faded from his lips. Wang Li had been knocked unconscious from the single punch and Xu Chen wanted to run but couldn't leave Wang Li. Chen Bo grabbed onto Xu Chen's throat tightly using his strong grip to throw the boy onto the road, the back of his head hit the hard concrete but it wasn't enough to knock him unconscious. Chen Bo walked over slowly, standing above the delirious Xu Chen and stomped his foot down heavily onto the frail torso. Xu Chen became winded and dry wretched at the same time as the air leaving his lungs. The lack of oxygen almost made him pass out. Wang Li had regained consciousness now and tried to stand before an unknown man began attacking Chen Bo.

The man shoved Chen Bo so the fight would be taken away from the two young men and Wang Li stumbled his way to Xu Chen. Xu Chen's body was jerking as he tried to breathe and not vomit, unfortunately once he had regained a little bit of his breath back, he rolled over and vomited. Wang Li was able to stand properly now as he reached his injured friend and pulled the frail boy up before he looked back at the stranger fighting Chen Bo.

He couldn't process anything before Ma Tian's car pulled up and another man got out of the passenger side to help fight. Ma Tian stepped out too so he could open the back door for Wang Li and Xu Chen before he entered the drivers set again, driving away from the scene without batting an eyelid.

15