Chapter 19
647 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Xu Chen ignored his phone, Ma Tian had watched as Xu Chen read through the long line of messages before the phone was pushed to the side. Now it's Martian's turn to be ignored.

"Why are you upset so early in the morning?"

Xu Chen wanted to burrow in bed and ignore Ma Tian again but he couldn't since a sharp pain came from his rib cage, causing him to wince and groan, Ma Tian came and sat on the side of the bed, helping the frustrated Xu Chen to sit up properly. Xu Chen wanted to stay quiet about his situation but couldn't hold back from seeking advice from someone who most likely had experience in dating.

"Have you ever talked to someone online without meeting them."

"Un. All the time for work."

"What about... romantically?"

Ma Tian acted dumb to show he didn't know what Xu Chen was talking about, Xu Chen sighed inwardly before he told Ma Tian everything about him and Martian. He even showed some of the messages where Martian would talk about where they could go on dates, as well as the pictures he had been sent, excluding the most recent picture since it was too sexy. Ma Tian was trying to hold everything in as he saw his own picture saved as the boy's wallpaper. After Xu Chen finished talking about Martian, he then asked Ma Tian what matter he was confused about.

"There are times where he will stop messaging me, for hours. Then he'll message late at night when I'm asleep apologizing and making promises to me, yet he keeps putting off meeting me. Do you think he's playing me?"

Xu Chen swiped through the pictures he had of Martian and Ma Tian moved to sit beside him at the head of the bed, although Xu Chen was frustrated at Martian, Ma Tian still saw that he had saved the picture he had sent last night. The acting man thought over what to say as he straightened out Xu Chen's messy bed hair.

"Maybe he's scared to meet you."

"Why? I've told him so many times he's handsome."

"Look, he doesn't even show you his face, maybe he needs more time."

This was Xu Chen's first time feeling this way towards someone so he didn't know what to do when it came to these situations, he was also still hesitant since Martian kept putting off them meeting. Xu Chen threw his phone to the end of the bed again, still confused at what he should do. Ma Tian patted the soft head lightly.

"Do you like him?"

"Un. I like him a lot."

"Then give him a few more weeks, if he doesn't agree to meet by then, throw him away and forget about him, okay? Then you can start wooing me"

Xu Chen nodded along with everything Ma Tian was saying and almost agreed to the last part, but quickly snapped to attention and lightly elbowed the man sitting in his bed. In the end everything was resolved in Xu Chen's heart thanks to Ma Tian, he thanked the man sincerely before getting out of bed to get dressed so they could attend breakfast. Once Xu Chen was inside the bathroom, Ma Tian sighed deeply and rubbed his face. It was weird to give advice relating to a man he had to pretend not to be, and he almost told the truth to Xu Chen right then but he had to wait.

During breakfast, Wang Li told Kong Da he would spend the day with Xu Chen, Kong Da obviously refused at first since it was technically a couples retreat, but Wang Li rebutted. Saying that Xu Chen wasn't in a relationship with Ma Tian, therefore they shouldn't spend time together. Kong Da couldn't help but feel a little frustrated but could only give up and agree to spend the day with Ma Tian.

Wang Li and Xu Chen left first after the meal. Together they entered the area where guests could have facials done. Wang Li had told Xu Chen many times that he was jealous of his skin ever since his friend started a routine, he even tried to replicate it but he was too lazy. During facials, it is best if you lay still, because of this Wang Li fell asleep quickly as he was still tired from the sexy time the night before.

When Wang Li woke up, Kong Da was in the other bed instead of Xu Chen, his facial was almost complete.

"Eh? Where's ChenChen?"

Kong Da mumble out that Xu Chen switched places with him. Wang Li was about to get up to go looking for his friend but the woman who had done his facial began massaging his face again with firm pressure. Kong Da's facial ended up finishing first because of this and he told the worker she could stop. Once they were the only ones in the room, Kong Da sat the flustered boy up.

"Wang Li, I know you're close to Xiao Chen but I organised this trip for us. Yes, other people are on this trip but this is still our special trip. When I spend time with you, I don't want to hear about Xiao Chen or Tian or anyone for that matter."

Kong Da's tone wasn't stern or angry but his point was put across for Wang Li to understand, he thought that everything would end there since he believed he was right, but Wang Li became defensive over the topic of not spending time with Xu Chen.

"ChenChen is not only my best friend, he's my soulmate! If I want to spend time with him, I should be able to. We have three days to spend together, taking away one of those days for me to spend with ChenChen should be fine."

"Taking away one of those days? Xiao Chen is going to be living with you for the rest of the school year. I am the one who will be seeing you less, you should be wanting to spend time with me. I'm your boyfriend not Xiao Chen."

Kong Da was becoming angry now, he had always thought Wang Li had regarded him and Xu Chen as equally special in his heart but felt that right now he was coming in second place. He hadn't wanted to fight over this matter since it could be resolved quickly but Wang Li still fought back, thinking Kong Da was trying to separate him from Xu Chen.

"I know you're my boyfriend but you can't expect me to ditch ChenChen, why are you getting mad over such a small thing?"

"A small thing? How many times do you pull away from me to put Xu Chen first or randomly bring him up in conversation? I know you two are close but enough is enough."

Wang Li wasn't given the chance to say anything because Kong Da stood up and left the room. He knew if he kept going back and forth With Wang Li, he would lose his patience, Kong Da took long strides to the sauna where Xu Chen and Ma Tian were and angrily sat beside Ma Tian. Xu Chen had never seen Kong Da look this angry and hastily left the room saying he would look for Wang Li. Seeing how fast Xu Chen left for Wang Li only worsened Kong Da's mood and he angrily added more water to the hot rocks. The temperature in the room was instantly burning, mirroring how Kong Da felt inside.

He was about to add another spoonful but Ma Tian slapped his already sweaty bare stomach.

"Just cause you're angry doesn't mean you need to make me suffer. Talk if you want but don't cook me alive."

Kong Da threw the spoon across the small room as he sunk into the wooden bench, at the moment he was too angry to repeat what he and Wang Li had argued about and the two men in the room sat silently. After a few minutes, the room slowly went back to its original temperature and Kong Da's anger slowly faded. Now looking back, he felt he was fair in how he felt but the situation could have been handled better. After heaving out a long sigh, he told Ma Tian what happened. Ma Tian wasn't surprised this would be what their first fight was about since he had also noticed how attached Wang Li was to Xu Chen, especially when he was the one poking fun at Wang Li's weakness for his soulmate.

"It seems that even though Xiao Chen is more timid, Wang Li is the one who can't stand being away from the other."

Ma Tian spoke while he thought about the times he had spent alone with Xu Chen, although the shy boy was hard to get to open up, he rarely looked for Wang Li to cling to. However, when he had spent time with Wang Li, if Xu Chen wasn't present, he always showed how protective he was or would constantly message him. Kong Da massaged his sweaty scalp as he rested his elbows on his thighs.

After leaving the sauna, Xu Chen didn't need to spend a lot of time looking for Wang Li since he found him on the first try. Wang Li was sitting by himself in the eating area; even when it wasn't meal times the resort had platters of snacks and fruit as well as fresh juice. Wang Li had a plate full of small treats and fruit but was only picking at it with a glum face. Xu Chen sighed and rubbed Wang Li's hair while he sat down.

"Did you two fight?"

Un. Xu Chen slid the full plate in front of him and started eating, Wang Li grumpily told Xu Chen what they had fought about. While listening, Xu Chen didn't expect it would be about him. After venting about how he thought Kong Da was wrong and that he shouldn't try to separate the two of them, Xu Chen gave his thoughts about the matter.

"Xiao Li, I think Kong Da is right on this matter. You're in a relationship now and need to learn to separate your time equally between me, Mr Wang and Kong Da. I can't take up your whole day anymore, besides Da Ge wasn't trying to separate the two of us. If he was, then I wouldn't have been invited on this trip."

"I promised I wouldn't leave you behind though."

Wang Li slumped his body to lean heavily on Xu Chen. The plate of food was empty now but he didn't care. Xu Chen wiped his hands on a napkin before he started pinching at Wang Li's face, his pinches turned into pokes then he tickled under Wang Li's chin and neck, Wang Li tried to hold back his laughter but he was too ticklish and couldn't hide it.

"Hahaha, okay ChenChen, I'm better now."

Once he laughed Xu Chen stopped and got up to refill the plate. After sitting down, Wang Li ate the food heartily with Xu Chen, picking at some more fruit. Wang Li took the time to think over everything Xu Chen had told him and what Kong Da had said earlier. After thinking over everything, he realised he had over reacted and had taken Kong Da's words too personally. With this realisation, Wang Li got up and told Xu Chen he would see him at dinner then promptly left the food area.

In the sauna, Kong Da's anger had almost completely vanished and he was now relaxing against the wooden seat, Ma Tian was on the verge of passing out but still stayed in the hot room. Wang Li walked in with a towel around his waist and made his way over to Kong Da. Because his eyes were closed Kong Da hadn't realized someone else had come in, when he felt someone suddenly sit on his lap his first instinct was to push them off. Ma Tian however, had heard footsteps so opened his eyes in time to see Kong Da push Wang Li to the ground, the sight was too much and he quickly covered his mouth to hold in his laughter, though his snickering was heard clearly.

Wang Li shouted out in shock as well as pain causing Kong Da to rush forward and pick him up, sitting him on his lap chest to chest. He had pulled Wang Li on his lap too fast though and the small towel around his waist was left behind. Kong Da quickly bent back down, covering Wang Li's lap modestly. Ma Tian sat up with a groan as he tried to wipe the sweat and tears from his face, Wang Li thought the man beside them would leave but instead, he closed his eyes as if he was about to fall asleep. In a simple voice, Wang Li told Ma Tian.

"You can leave now."

Kong Da laughed at Wang Li's words and rubbed the sweaty back gently while Ma Tian rolled his eyes and stood up, he was halfway to the door when he talked to Wang Li over his shoulder.

"I'm guessing Xiao Chen is in the food area? There are crumbs around your mouth."

Wang Li balled his fists but didn't say anything and once Ma Tian was out of the room, he hugged his body close to Kong Da wiping his dirty mouth on the broad shoulders. He was about to apologize for his actions but Kong Da picked him up and walked out of the room, outside the sauna was a cool down seating area and Kong Da sat down with a loud groan.

"Fu~ I was in there too long. Ah~ I'm dying."

No one said anything after Kong Da spoke. The hands on Wang Li's back never stopped their rubbing. Wang Li also held onto the dirtied broad shoulders tightly before he sighed lightly against the hot skin.

"I'm sorry I overreacted. I talked with Xu Chen and realised I was spending too much time with him. I'll try to be more aware in the future."

Kong Da kissed the side of Wang Li's head and whispered a soft thank you in his ear. Once Kong Da had regained some energy after being in the sauna for too long, the couple headed to the nude pool area and sunk their bodies into a secluded section. They didn't do too much since there were quite a few people around but Wang Li sat in Kong Da's lap happily and they French kissed lots, making him extra happy.

After three days, the trip was over and everyone headed back to the city. Ma Tian drove Xu Chen back while everyone else waited at the train station. Wang Li would be lying if he said he was excited about his final year at University, he didn't want to think about his work load or the fact that he would be unable to have a car date with Kong Da everyday.

. . . . . .

The last week of break ended too quickly for Wang Li and he reluctantly returned to the front gates of the university, Xu Chen was lucky enough to have his first class in the afternoon but Wang Li had to arrive first thing in the morning. Within the blink of an eye the first week back ended and there was no time for lovey dovey or sexy time with Kong Da, even on the weekend. Wang Li had had enough though and angrily called Kong Da late at night on Sunday, when the call connected he spoke in an angry voice.

"I miss you, Ge."

Unfortunately the phone call didn't last long since Wang Li had fallen asleep after only a few sentences, Kong Da was about to hang up when Xu Chen shyly spoke on the other end.

"Da Ge, I'll send you a copy of Xiao Li's class schedule."

Xu Chen didn't say anymore before he hung up the phone. A couple seconds later, Kong Da received the message from Wang Li's number, not only did he see the class times but also the amount of work Wang Li needed to do for the first semester. Majority of his lover's classes were in the morning with only a couple being in the afternoon. Kong Da had figured his little lover would need to work hard in his last year, but didn't think the workload would be so intense so fast.

Wang Li had also mentioned briefly over the phone that he had an essay to write before the end of the next week, so he wouldn't be able to visit until the next weekend. The sudden change of seeing each other everyday, to going one week with only a phone call was too much for both men, and Kong Da decided to think of a way to surprise Wang Li without interfering with his studies.

12