chapter 4: Possession
115 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Siren's POV-

'I'm glad I made preparations with the queen before dinner. Otherwise we both would be unable to protect ourselves when 'that' happens.' When a person who has a contract passes out for whatever reason the contracted beast will protect the contractee. In the case of death the contracted beast will go into a frenzy until the day it dies or is put through another contract with a contractee stronger than the last. However, in the case of passing out from poison the contracted beast will take over the contractee's body in order to resist the poison by letting the contractee take half of their power to fight the poison.

I peaked out of the corner of my eye to see the king is going around making a fuss to the maids and soldiers to 'find the assassin.' with post haste. The queen is like me and took an antidote while eating her food. The king also made preparations to have us retained in a 'safe' place until the assassin is caught. *SNARL* Finally a snarling noise come from where Sylphy is sitting.

It seems Sylphy is much more compatible to the alchemical beast than I gave her credit for, as she is currently drawing more than 75% of the beast's power not long after being contracted while unconscious. Sylphy has grown black fur and her teeth have become sharp and numerous; She has grown black wings with white swirls on them just like the beast. Soon she will go on standby to not attack until a threat is detected or if anyone whose mana signature was found within the poison (That would include the maid who placed it on the table, the chefs who prepared the food if it was put in by them, and the person they obtained the poison from.) gets within a 5 meter radius for most contractors, but with her compatibility the range is likely larger than most.

"What is going on?! Why is the summon being possessed?! damn bitch hid information from me..." The king said with the last bit whispered. I bet on something like this happening ever since the neighboring Empire of Dionaea Muscipula started stockpiling large amounts of preserved foods and giving hourly pay for blacksmith apprentices regardless of circumstances. The king is originally from the Empire so it's natural for them to try and get this kingdom under their thumb with as little expense possible and gaining as much as possible. In the case of why he is surprised is because I hid the necessity of the contract beast as well as a few other information that will not be hard to hide as the king never tried to check up on the experiments as he was more of a leach King than an acting royalty.

*RRROOOOOAAARRRRR!!!* Sy... no the Alchemy beast let out a roar that indicates it found prey to protect it's master, however what happens next is completely out of my expectations. *CLANG!* A knight is attacked and of course pulls out his sword to protect himself. "Damn! We were planning to put your power to use, but you've brought this upon yourself!" I was shocked, the voice sounded similar but slightly different from the king's voice. I discretely peaked over to the knight to see someone who looked like the king only half a head taller and with a burlier face, like a war veteran that has multiple old wound scarred on across his face. 'Why is he here?!' He is the king's cousin from a branched off duke family known for their magic swordsmanship, Orion Dentata the next heir to the Dentata dukedom (although it means toothed it's an unfortunate name really).

As Orion started fighting the beast the king was too busy worrying on how to get out of here now that his plans were found out ahead of time. I sneak under the table to start casting a barrier spell while the knights and maids outside are confused to keep people from coming in or going out. Once the barrier was up the king finally noticed I was not in my seat like before. "Damn! We've been had! They've done seen through it all!" As the king said this I crawl out from under the table and quickly cast out a binding spell to keep the king in check as he doesn't have much magical prowess it should be more than enough to keep him down. "I may not have been born here but I have done my research to stay dutiful to this kingdom and this kingdom alone until I am relieved." I say as I don't really have anything to say, but would helpful to the alchemical beast to draw at least a bit of attention from Orion.

"AAAAAARGH!!" The unthinkable happened the beast has their mouth covered in blood, not her blood but rather Orion's blood, and it kept chomping and snarling over Orion as it starts from his jugular and once he is confirmed to be dead it goes to eat him without hesitation. The scene is intense enough for me to feel nauseous even with the many times I've seen similar situations where a beast eats another beast or sometimes a human. However, this is different, this time the beast is slowly turning back to Sylphy as it continues to eat the corps. She finally gains mostly human form save for the wings that have shrunk but haven't disappeared yet, and the black hair and ears are still around. now it looks like a beastman has gone insane and started eating someone, bite after bite, and lick after lick fills me with dread as I fear she may have truly fully lost it.

"That's enough! He's dead and you're safe now! come back to your senses!!" I rush over with a barrier wrapped around my body just in case while screaming such. "It's okay, it's okay now." I continue to repeat this with Sylphy in my arms and She starts to cry and pass out soon after. 'Just what in the world could have cause this to happen? I'll have to do some more research when she wakes.' I put a cloth over Orion and decide it's about time to consult with the queen on what should be done next.

"Well, for the time being we will have Sin'bad put in the dungeon for affiliation to an assassin who attempted assassination of both the queen and a noble of high standing. As for Orion, we will have his body sent over to the Empire with a letter requesting compensation for an attempted assassination of queen and high standing noble, and we will not compromise. Finally, for Sylphy have Stella bring her back to her room for some well deserved rest. Really, of all times why did Sin'bad have to do this when we finally summoned such a cute Spiritual being." The queen states while pouting about the king ruining her first impression in front of someone she finds cute. I leave to make the arrangements while carrying the ki... former king who has been grumbling for a while now, and hand him to a knight to execute the queen's order. Next I call Stella the maid that was assigned to Sylphy earlier today and helped her get Sylphy to her room.

After I got done with that I issued orders to the knights how to handle Orion's body and to collect the note in the morning as it's too late to start moving the body today. *sigh* "I will need some stress relief after this, Siren would you mind?" The queen asks and as I am also mentally tired letting loose will be just the thing. "Sure, but let me write up that letter of complaint and I'll join you in bed." I say as the queen just giggles as she knows the letter of complaint is but an excuse to find my best lingerie set.

I hope to hear feedback like always and as this one is shorter than the others I have a short chapter I was writing alongside it that will explain about why Sylphy went berserk though It will probably take till Wednesday? to get to decent level?

7