Chapter 6 – Evolution
4.8k 9 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SL…SLUR…SLURP! HAAA!

 

Moss smacked his imaginary lips as he drained another cell’s DNA. It’s been nearly a week or so since his encounter and transformation. Having drained another virus’s infection agent prompted him to mutate and become a variant virus. His body, along with the bodies of all of his agents, have developed a sizable patch of pale green.

 

Imagine what would happen if he consumed an entire virus’s DNA? Moss tried to shake away this cannibalistic feeling, but his thirst for more DNA got the better of him. To satiate his hunger, Moss drained another eukaryotic cell. Oh, how he missed the taste of a virus’s DNA!

 

Suddenly, with a loud rumbling sound, a pollen pod entered the atmosphere of the plant Moss was currently taking over. As soon as the pollen pod landed, a group of BYPV agents emerged and started to infect nearby cells.

 

[Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Not cool! What is going on? I’ve already laid claim to this plant!] Moss messaged as he led his agents over to confront the invaders.

 

[We can ask you the same thing!] One of the BYPV agents stopped what it was doing and directed an inquiry towards Moss.

 

[W-What do you mean?] Moss stammered as he tried to think back to how he had offended this virus.

 

The BYPV agent pushed back Moss and snarled. [One of our sleeper agents lost connection with us a week ago. You took over the plant we resided in. What happened to our agent? How do you explain that to us?]

 

[M-Maybe your agent lost its durability? I have no clue where your agent went.] Moss attempted to explain as he knew that a BYPV agent’s durability was rather low.

 

[Unlikely! We were only in there for a day. If you can’t give us a satisfactory explanation, then we will infect every plant you tried to infect until you miss your quota and suffer the consequences.] The BYPV agent pointed out.

 

[How could you do this? Don’t force me! I will end you!] Moss raged at the unreasonable virus. It was just one agent, how could the BYPV hold such a grudge?

 

[Haha! We’d like to see you try! Not only are you outnumbered, you are also of inferior level than us. WE will end YOU.] The BYPV agent shook with arrogance as it turned its back to Moss and started infecting another cell.

 

Moss stared back at the virus agent and weighed his choices. So what if they outnumbered me. So what if they have a higher level than me. The most they could do is crush me with sheer numbers. However, what they don’t know is that I have the ability to extract DNA from anything…even them.

 

[So, you’re all here?] Moss asked tentatively.

 

The BYPV agent didn’t even turn around at Moss’s question. [Hmph! Not all of us are here. However, if you try any funny ideas, our main force will charge in here and destroy you all!]

 

[Hmph! That’s good. Then, let’s eat!] Moss sneered and activated <<DNA Extraction>> on the nearby enemy. Before the enemy agents could react, Moss’s agents tackled each of them and extracted their DNA. After absorbing the plethora of DNA, Moss felt his viral bodies grow in power.

 

DING!

 

SUFFICIENT DNA ABSORBED

 

ASSIMILATING DNA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

 

BEGIN EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS…EVOLUTION COMPLETE

 

UNLOCKING DIVINITY…DIVINE AURA UNLOCKED

 

ASSIMILATING DIVINE AURA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Patch Virus (YMPV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 2

Infection Progress (IP): 13293/30000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 4
  • Severity – 2
  • Lethality – 2
  • Durability – 3
  • ??? – N/A

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 0.5%
  • Heat Resistance – 0.3%

Through the evolution, Moss unlocked the divine aura that slept deep in his soul. With divinity, the virus had transformed into a divine virus, taking upon the title of Yggdrasil. As an Yggdrasil Moss Patch Virus, not only does Moss have stronger stats, his skills had also gained an increase in efficiency.

 

With boosted strengths, Moss peered outside the bluegrass and surveyed his surroundings. There it was! Moss saw an infected bluegrass without the distinct mossy-texture. In other words, it was the enemy!

 

So that’s where they were. No wonder that agent said they could charge in here. Moss looked on and signaled for his agents to board a pollen pod. [They should have sensed the demise of their agents by now. I should attack them while I still have the chance.]

 

Moss took one last look at the enemy bluegrass and boarded a nearly-filled pollen pod. Luckily, he had already ordered his agents to take over the launching pad beforehand or he would have wasted some valuable time. With a booming echo, the pollen pods were launched into the air.

 

Carried by the wind, the pollen pods followed the aim of the launching pad and landed directly onto the target bluegrass. As soon as the pollen pods entered the enemy bluegrass, Moss commanded his agents to attack. They had encountered a number of enemy agents trying to board the pollen pods.

 

As the enemy scrambled about in surprise, Moss killed them off and extracted their DNA. However, only those at the pollen pods were surprised. With the initiative gone, Moss and his agents faced off against the enemy. Though they were outnumbered at least ten to one, Moss had an effective way of killing his enemies quickly. With that guarantee, Moss met the charging enemies in battle.

118