Chapter 15 – Battle
3k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hundreds of thousands of TMV agents flooded the infected bluegrasses, rounding up all of the green-spotted virus agents from the other bluegrass virus agents. The other bluegrass viruses within Moss’s complex pitched in to help. Moss’s agents were taken by surprise and tried their best to retaliate.

 

However, they were limited in their abilities. Moss’s agents didn’t want to show their trump cards to the TMV agents without confirmation from Moss himself. In addition, Lichen did not provide support with his zombie virus agents because Moss had bigger plans for them. Fortunately, amidst the battle, Lichen secretly sent out some telepathic messages to Moss, reporting of the news to him so that he could decide on the next move.

 

Meanwhile, at the tomato fields….

 

Moss was busy taking over a batch of tomatoes with his every-growing army of undead virus agents. The unnamed undead virus agent had incinerated many and infected the rest. As each tomato hosted a large number of two-horned and three-horned fiery virus agents, the IP skyrocketed like crazy. In less than half an hour, not to mention Moss leveling up once, even the unnamed virus agent had leveled up twice.

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Ringed Virus (YMRV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 50009/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 7
  • Severity – 6
  • Lethality – 5
  • Durability – 4
  • Mana – 2

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Blackened Rings – infected areas display black rings
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1.7%
  • Heat Resistance – 3.2%
Announcement

Name: N/A

Title: Corpse Grass Spotted Virus (CGSV)

Host: Tomato Pronged Ring Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 2

Infection Progress (IP): 13021/30000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 4
  • Severity – 3
  • Lethality – 1
  • Durability – 2
  • Mana – 2

SKILLS:

  • Fire Ring (Active) – gathers fire mana around the horn and casts a ring of fire at the enemy.
  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – virus agent can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on the virus agent’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a brownish red

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 0.8%
  • Heat Resistance – 0.6%

Suddenly, Moss’s mental state began to buzz as an incoming message emerged from his link with Lichen. Something important must have occurred for Lichen to message him. And now that he focused, he realized that the agents he left back at the tulip fields were very active as if they were in combat. No, they are in combat!

 

Moss opened the link between him and Lichen. [What’s wrong? Why are my agents in combat? What happened?]

 

[The TMV agents are attacking your agents.] Lichen reported.

 

[What? What for? Do they not care for Lady Tully’s laws?] Moss recalled back to the protein he had thrown away.

 

[From what my sources say, it is Lady Tully’s orders. They said you failed the assignment and should be killed off for your incompetence.] Lichen replied systematically.

 

[Fucking bastards. I have to deal with this kind of distrust even as a virus? Fine! If it’s a war they want, it’s a war they shall get!] Moss muttered to himself before he turned his attention back on the zombie virus agent. [Lichen, ready your agents. Once I transfer myself over, we will unleash a counterattack.]

 

[Yes, Your Viralness!] Lichen relayed the orders to his agents as Moss disconnected their link.

 

Moss looked over his current situation within the rotting tomato and signaled for the unnamed undead virus agent. [You, I will leave for a while. You take care of here.]

 

[Understood!] The unnamed virus agent saluted.

 

Moss nodded and prepared for transference. He opened a mental link to one of the less active agents. It seemed that the agent was subdued and bound.

 

Back at the tulip fields….

 

The war between Moss’s agents and the TMV sequents continued. Nearly half of the green-spotted virus agents have been either killed or subdued. Those subdued were immediately brought back to Lady Tully’s origin agent who was busy using them as consumable materials for her unique cultivation.

 

As the line leading to Lady Tully’s residence increased with subdued green-spotted virus agents, a single virus agent somewhere near the middle of the line wiggled with life. Moss had successfully transferred over. Waking up immediately, Moss unleashed a blast of <<Heat Wave>>.

 

BWAH!

 

The blast of heat caused nearby subdued agents to wake up and unleash waves of heat upon their captors, which in turn, set forth a chain reaction of awakened agents and ripples of heat. The TMV agents positioned near the originally subdued agents were completely blown away. Those who were smashed with multiple waves of heat died immediately from denaturalization.

 

As for the other TMV agents, they collapsed from overheating. Moss straightened himself and connected his mind with every one of his agents as well as Lichen and his undead agents. [The time is now! Do it!]

89