Chapter 24 – Branch Out
2.6k 3 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I've updated a few things to the previous chapter including the introduction of a new member of Moss's subordinates. Read through it again so you won't be confused later on.

 

DING!

 

INFECTION PROGRESS REACHED LIMIT

 

COMMENCING LEVEL UP

 

LEVEL UP COMPLETED

 

SKILL <<DIVISION>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Vore Virus (YMVV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 5

Infection Progress (IP): 70002/90000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 9
  • Severity – 11
  • Lethality – 9
  • Durability – 7
  • Mana – 5

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Devour (Active) – consumes and absorbs all DNA in the vicinity.
  • Division (Active) – under certain conditions, Moss can split from a part of himself and become two different viruses.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Necrosis – infected areas display blackened, rotting, and eaten away areas
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 2.6%
  • Heat Resistance – 4.1%

Division? What kind of skill is that? Moss stared at his new skill with incredulity. It said that under certain conditions, he could split into two different viruses. Was this similar to asexual reproduction…or was it cloning? With an experimentative mind, the virus agent decided to activate the skill.

 

<<Division>>!

 

DING!

 

CONDITIONS NOT MET

 

UNABLE TO ACTIVATE DIVISION

 

Can’t activate? Conditions not met? But then, what are the conditions? Moss pondered as he rubbed his imaginary beard with his imaginary fingers. Could it be stat requirements? Or DNA consumption? I’ll have to think about this some more but for now, it’s time.

 

Moss turned to his two of his three subordinates and nodded at the sight of their growth. Lichen had mutated once and leveled up once while Tully was halfway till her next level up. Fortunately for her, she had even gained a new skill. As for Norm, Moss had ordered him to subdue or unite all scutchgrass complexes under his rule.

 

And what an effective subordinate he was. Not only did he managed to charismatically unite all of the scutchgrass viruses, he was also able to round up the remaining bluegrass viruses. Moss grunted his approval before checking out Lichen’s and Tully’s statuses.

Announcement

Name: Lichen

Title: Rabid Ghoul Wrath Virus (RGWV)

Host: Tulip Breaking Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 50371/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 10
  • Severity – 6
  • Lethality – 4
  • Durability – 7
  • Mana – 4

SKILLS:

  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – Lichen can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on Lichen’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • DNA Consume (Active) – Lichen can choose to consume a virus agent’s DNA instead of infecting it as an undead.
  • Berserk (Passive) – The more damage Lichen receives, the more he can deal.
  • In Death, There is Life (Passive) – When the host body dies, Lichen encases the area with slowing magic, allowing him time to possess another host.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a brownish red

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 3%
Announcement

Name: Tully

Title: Frost Floral Lesion Virus (FFLV)

Host: Tulip Breaking Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 25000/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 6
  • Severity – 8
  • Lethality – 5
  • Durability – 10
  • Mana – 2

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • Strangle (Active) – wraps around victims and induce strangulation.
  • Chilly Aura (Active) – unleashes a wave of coldness that slows down targets within the area.
  • Freeze Ray (Active) – launches a beam of ice magic that freezes an enemy upon direct hit.
  • Frictionless (Active) – Tully can increase her speed exponentially, allowing her to move and attack faster.
  • Subordinance (Passive) – bound to Moss via dominance; cannot be broken by normal means; swears loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected bluish
  • Lesions – causing open wounds on the infected
  • Chilliness – a slight chill persisting on the infected, causing slowness and cold to the touch
  • Frosty – turns all of the moisture in affected area into ice

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 5%

Although Lichen did not learn a new skill, his infectivity was higher than Moss’s. Too bad about his lethality though. But that was fine, nonetheless. After all, a zombie virus’s main strength shouldn’t be its ability to kill but rather its ability to spread.

 

Moss turned his attention onto Tully. Although Tully was reverted back a couple of levels and her IP cleared, her IP cap remained the same for her level. This, of course, made sense since she severed her connection with the other TBV agents and had to start anew. Moss was satisfied with her efforts as she had created tens of thousands of battle-ready agents. Not to mention, her capabilities in ice magic had granted her another skill.

 

Frictionless, as the description stated, gave Tully the ability to increase her speed. If put into human terms, the new skill was perfect for assassinations which depended on swiftness. When Moss planned to branch out, he couldn’t wait to see the skill in action.

 

Soon, Moss ordered Tully, Lichen, and Norm to gather their troops and prepared to leave the tulip field. As to where they were going…to the Crimson Verdant Fields!

62