Chapter 1 Yandere Goddess
1.5k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At night when darkness completely filled the forbidden forest, there was light glowing in a single spot, it was coming from a mansion built in the farthest depths of the forest.

 

If a god promised you will find your significant other after going to the depths of the forest, one would rather stay single their whole life than step into the inner area of the forbidden forest.

 

In a room of the mansion, a girl who looked 18 years old was wearing a White tiger-like hoodie, with headphones on her head, hands holding cup noodles, her small mouth slurping the noodles from the chopsticks.

 

Her heterochromatic eyes of blue and amber were staring keenly at the screen of her laptop in front of her, she was watching anime, which don’t ask but she was chuckling at the accidental kiss scene of two boys.

 

“Ha ha ha haha” she started laughing looking at the scene.

 

She thought …….. It's a good thing I made it possible to use earth’s gadgets here, it's a good way to pass time, hahaha watching anime while in an anime like scenario how awesome is that??

 

Suddenly a loud bell sound resounded in her room.

 

She was startled and almost spilt the noodles on her laptop.

 

She heard a female robotic voice [12 hours left till the end of ‘fate year’ mistress]

 

She spoke in an annoyed tone “Machina how many times have I told you not to make the reminder bells that loud, and call me H*k*ge, that's the fad I am going by at the moment.”

 

[you aren’t shaken by anything while wearing those headphones and watching anime so I had to turn up the volume to max, but still, forgive me mist...Lady Hokage ] the robotic voice spoke.

 

“You are forgiven, So anyway what was that notification about??”

 

[the year you divined about is coming to an end in 12 hrs Lady Hokage]

 

Listening to Machina's voice White thought …. 12 hours left, so twelve hours left till that little one’s birthday.

 

Thinking so she turned off her laptop and walked towards the window.

 

She gazed at the beautiful moon hung in the dark night sky with nostalgia and spoke

”The moon was just like this on the day of Illya’s birth.”

 

“This all started that day”

--------------------------------------------------------------

14 years ago on earth

White was walking out of a convenience store and saw couples making out right on the sidewalk.

 

She saw them and cussed ”what shit's, making out right on the sidewalk, don’t they know the word privacy??, so shameless makes me wanna puke, and this is the 245th time I am seeing this kinda shit”

 

Poor girl for the last few years saw different couples making out in public areas without shame whenever she came out of her house, considering that she rarely goes out as she is a shut-in and a goddess who isn’t hindered with mortal problems like hunger.

 

But in a corner of heart, she always feels jealous, She never had a family and as far as she can remember never had any IRL friends leave alone having a significant other.

 

She left The realm of GODS because she felt that most of the deities there were stuck up, rigid or delusional, always having conflicts treating the life of others and mortal beings like a joke.

 

Like that she started travelling mortal worlds as each world had its own unique beauty.

 

She came to earth because she loved earth’s entertainment and earth’s entertainment made her into a shut-in.

 

That day sick of being lonely she performed divination to see where she could find friends.

 

This led her to Vierra, a world of magic, according to her fate line she will have two encounters in said world. Both encounters are separated by a time gap of 14 yrs.

 

That's how she met Serena and Illya. After Illya’s birth, both mother and daughter stayed with her for two weeks.

 

One night, White went to Serena and spoke “you are all better now, and can go to your home. Will you be leaving tomorrow? ”

 

“Thank you goddess White” replied Serena.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you no need to be so polite with me.” said White hearing Serena's words, she was sad.. Why didn’t the woman understand her words, didn’t my fate lead me to her??

 

Suddenly White’s mood changed and she spoke “ Now about the main issue” her voice was cold and chilly. 

 

“Do you remember the beasts that attacked you?? Asked White.

 

Serena heard her serious and chilly voice, she gulped and replied with a hint of fear and anger “yes, how could I forget that horrifying scene, so many guards slaughtered, my baby injured, how could I forget.”

 

“Those beasts, don’t blame them,” said White

 

“Why??” asked Serena in astonishment agitated by White’s words….why shouldn’t she blame those beasts??

 

“Those beasts were enslaved, they moved against their will, do you think such high ranking beasts which are known to have a lot of pride hide in bushes and ambush a pregnant woman? ”

 

Serena turned silent and understood what White’s words meant…….someone was targeting her and planned that ambush, but why what did she do to anyone?

 

Looking at the silent Serena White spoke “yes someone was planning to assassinate you and it’s not safe for you to go outside at the moment.” she paused then continued speaking “before you leave I wanted to give you a choice, usually I don’t meddle in others business but my fate led me to you and I am the godmother of your daughter so choose, one you can leave as planned but I will send you to your destination personally or two you with your daughter can stay with me it won’t bother me.”

 

Listening to the goddess’ words Serena thought ‘how can I burden a goddess for any longer’ even though White said that it was no burden to her but Serena denied that and spoke “ we will leave, thank you goddess White.”

 

“There you go being polite again, no matter how many times I told you to drop the formality, but fine I will send you to your destination tomorrow” said White with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

Serena noticed her sadness but denied it and thought …. It must be my imagination.

 

The next day with brought Serena to the Vermillion manor with Illya in her hands.

 

She handed Illya to Serena though a bit reluctantly and spoke in a concerned voice “ don’t speak about be being a goddess or the blessing I gave to Illya  to anyone not to Illya either but you can tell her that I am her godmother though, to others I don’t care if you mention me as her godmother or not.”

 

“Yes, goddess ….” while she was replying a finger blocked her and White spoke in a sad and serious tone “ there you go again being so formal, it makes me feel awkward, treat me not as a goddess but as Illya’s godmother”

 

“Yes, White” spoke Serena.

 

“Finally, although a bit formal, that wasn’t so difficult was it??” said White smiling at Serena, she started patting Illya and continued to speak “ come visit me sometimes with my goddaughter, I also want to watch her grow up and I live alone there with nothing much to do so just come near the forest I will be able to sense the both of you and due to my blessing to Illya, no beast will attack you even if they are enslaved.”

 

“Yes I will, White” spoke Serena bowing to White “thank you, White” and started walking towards the manor.

 

“Yes, you should come, that way at least I won’t be lonely,” said White waving goodbye at Serena.

 

When Serena heard that she was shocked and turned backwards but she couldn’t see anyone, White had already left, she thought ……. So that sadness in her time wasn’t my imagination??

 

Like that because of the goddess’ ‘orders’ she brought Illya to her godmother once every month.

____________________________________________________________________

 

Ahhh, my cute goddaughter, I miss her so much…… White thought.

 

“Serena brought Illya with her once every month from that day onward, I was very happy watching my goddaughter grow up, She started calling me ‘God Ma’ after she started being able to talk” chuckled White. (Author's note just in case 'ma' like in 'mama', this word is used mostly in Asian countries to refer to one's mother)

 

“Ahh such happy days, all stopped after she turned three” her happy mood turning worse with every word she spoke.

 

[I know this, this happened two months after you created me, you had to go to the Realm of Gods, due to a certain issue and were unable to return for about 10 years and wanted me to look after the mansion.] spoke Machina listening to her lady H*k*ge’s words.

 

“Yeah, that issue, I missed a decade of Illya’s life because of them, those bastards DAMN THEM” a sense of loss and anger in her voice.

 

“Ahhh, I hope Illya will forgive this godmother of hers and console this grievance of mine with her beautiful smile” 

 

[but Lady H*k*ge there is a chance that Miss Illya has already forgotten you, the probability of that happening is quite high] retorted Machina stabbing White with her words.

 

“Don’t pour salt on my wounds like that Machina, it hurts! who taught you to talk like that?” White placing her hand on her chest.

 

[You were the one who programmed me Lady H*k*ge] Machina retorted again.

 

“......” White.

 

She couldn’t retort nor deny Machina’s words, she was speechless due to an AI she had created herself.

 

“I can’t deny that but still I don’t think Illya will forget about me, due to my blessing she is no longer an ordinary child she has a very good memory, not to the point of being eidetic but still quite good compared to a normal person and not to mention her eyes…”

 

[that decreases the probability of Miss Illya forget you down to 30%] said Machina 

 

“First using probability on something as vague as the memory of a person including the fact that we are in a world with fantasy as it's setting is wrong by itself .” Spoke White like a professor lecturing to her students.

 

[I guess I can understand that there is a lot of randomness and inconsistencies] Machina said, sounding thoughtful.

 

“Correct my student Machina, and secondly if Illya does really forget about me then…….”She paused and continued “ I will kill Serena and then go for my eternal slumber.” holding a kitchen knife in her arms which she brought outta nowhere.

 

[First I am your AI maid, not a student and second, you look like a crazy yandere while holding that kitchen] she retorted a white as if looking at a crazy person.

 

“Oh my dear Machina that’s what I will be if Illya forgets about me, which is an impossibility so don’t worry, hehehehehe” white laughed creepily.

 

[Don’t laugh like that it's creepy, you are scaring me an AI!] said Machina thinking { I really hope Illya did not forget, or this world will experience the descent of a Yandere Goddess and that is really scary}.

37