chapter 14 The Royal Family
834 11 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere was silent, White changed the topic again “You know what, lets talk about it later, lets enjoy breakfast for now.” she clapped her hands.

The three enjoyed breakfast and moved to the study.

The three sat down around a table.

“You know Illya, I should have done this earlier, but I was itching to torment that bastard so I did not tell you, I want to know about the royal family, not your generation, we can guess their attitudes based on their parents, as looking at Hywell’s attitude I can already guess how his children treat you.” White spoke.

[Illya knowing what we will do will also make things much easier.] Machina chimed in.

The two glanced towards Illya, “Where to begin” Illya spoke

According to Illya, Hynfyd had three wives, Eira the queen, Kiah and Adena.

Eira had two sons and a daughter, Hywell was the eldest son who we already know is a meathead, the second child princess Ilar, the youngest was Avalon.

Kiah had a son and daughter, the eldest son was Ianto, and her daughter named Catrin.

Adena had two daughters, Celyn and Eleri.

According to Illya Eira the queen was from Hippogriff dukedom and was an airhead, she was a skilful administrator but was a sweet woman; It seems the King fell in love with her in his teenage and their romance was a popular love story in the kingdom; he had loved her a lot, but later the greed for power led him into marrying Kiah 6 years later and then Adena. The age gap between Adena and Hynfyd was over 10 years.

Kiah and Adena were princesses of other kingdoms and a means for a peace treaty.

Illya wanted nothing bad to happen to Eira, Avalon, Adena and her daughters Celyn and Eleri.

She didn’t care about the others.

It seems Eira always treated her and Serena well, like a proper parent, though she didn’t know if it was an act or not, she did had a proper upbringing and had an open attitude, but all this didn’t hide that she was an airhead.

Like Eira, Avalon was a respectable man and always did things with honour. He wasn’t like his other brothers, who were greedy and lustful. He was bestowed a small territory in the outskirts of the kingdom to look after by the king which is actually a punishment as he berated his brother in the royal court after hearing what he did to Serena. He always treated Serena and Illya with respect.

It seems the mother and son always apologized for what Hywell had done, and Serena didn’t believe them, but she didn’t avoid them like the others.

Adena seems to empathize with Serena. She was basically sold to Hynfyd. Serena also treated her politely.

As for her daughters…

“So let me get this straight, Celyn and Eleri are fans?” it stupefied white.

“Hardcore fans,” Illya corrected.

[Wow, never foreseen that.] Machina said.

“They were the former President and vice president of Mom’s fan-club in the academy. They treated me like a sister and we are only apart by about 6 years. When mom came to the palace, Celyn was a 4-year-old and Eleri was 2, the always came to visit mom as according them she was the most beautiful person they have seen. Big sis Eleri is the president of the fan club. During free time they usually visit mom to discuss their research and seek guidance.”

“Wait, if they were fans why weren’t they here? Not just them, other than the maids, only you were there in the complete mansion that day.” White asked.

“They went to their home country with grandma Adena last month, they probably rushed here when they found out, they were supposed to come back the day after tomorrow.” Illya spoke “Uncle Avalon was in his territory, it would take time for him to return. As for the queen, she should have passed out after hearing that news. ”

[Now this complicates things, but it is good that we found out soon, we don’t want to do anything bad to the innocent.] Machina said, contemplating.

“Yes,” White agreed “Change of plans, I guess I will have to check them myself, I can believe that Celyn and Eleri liked her, Serena is a beauty, I will have to confirm about Avalon and Eira though, how many knew that Serena was poisoned? And who concocted the poison?”

This was contradicting, Serena told Illya never to trust anyone of the royal family, wait why would she trust a family who sabotaged her own daughter, and listening to Illya it seems like the two fans are alienated in the family.

“Did Celyn and Eleri sabotage you?” White asked.

“Nope, not even once, instead they said that spirit blessing is just to help us improve faster, but most people depend on it too much and stagnate. Are you thinking of what mom said? That I couldn’t belive the royal family? It is true I do not believe them with my life, mom said that the two sisters were good and never denied me from playing with them, she only told me that the only one I could trust with my life was God-ma, and even if the sisters wanted to help they don’t have the power to do so, believing in them to rescue me would be stupid.” Illya said.

[So the pleasant ones were weak so you couldn’t place your safety in their hands, basically they aren’t reliable?] Machina asked.

“yes, I can’t believe the royal family because it is completely in control of the king, and at that critical time none of them were present except for the queen Eira, so I obviously can’t believe anyone left.” Illya replied.

“But Eira was present.” White said

“Yes, but I doubt she would know, and even if she knew she won’t be able to help, in the past she was an administrator but these days she just spends time in her courtyard,” Illya replied.

“Guess the only way to confirm is to make them answer themselves.” White spoke sighing “Well that's for later why don’t I teach you that foreign language?”

“Yes” Illya brightened up. She wanted to read manga and play video games.

_________________________________________________________________________

after noon Eira was sipping tea in her garden, looking at the birds chirping on the nearby tree.

“What a beautiful day, sigh” she spoke in a pleasant sense, but her sigh showed that she was feeling the complete opposite.

Suddenly clouds formed, and the atmosphere got gloomy.

Eira was confused at the sudden change of weather. She got up to move inside but then she noticed a figure at the edge of the garden, when she saw that person she rushed there.

“Serena??!!” She cried

‘Serena’ did not reply, Eira came and hugged her tightly “you are alive? Is this real?” she started crying.

‘Serena’ creepily spoke, “Why did you kill me?” as she held the person who hugged her.

It freaked Eira out. She looked at Serena’s face full of tears, “Why would I kill you? And look you are alive and here, what happened to you, why are you crying?” she forgot her fear and spoke in concern.

“your husband poisoned me!” ‘Serena’ screamed as she hugged Eira tighter.

“That is not possible, why would he do that?” Eira did not understand what was happening, she suppressed her fear and started patting ‘Serena,’ “Calm down child, tell me what happened, I am here.”

and so ‘Serena’ narrated what happened and why it happened.

“What?” it stunned eira. She knew that her husband was ruthless and stopped loving her like he used to before, but she never thought he could do something so despicable. She started crying again.

Anger flared in her eyes “Those bastards, both father and son played with an innocent life, I should go speak with lady White to punish the father too.” she consoled ‘Serena’ “Don’t worry child, even though I was an airhead when I was young but as time passed, I silently bore sorrow till now but no longer. If they will live, that is only possible over my dead body! ”

‘Serena,’ stunned “Please, do nothing rash, just help White deal with them when she asks for help she should know what to do.”

“I am sorry I couldn’t help you Serena, please forgive me.” she cried again.

“It's okay, I have to go now, I will visit again sometime.” saying so ‘serena’ dissipated.

Somewhere else:

“Damn” saying so white lifted her finger from Eira’s fore head “It seems she suffered too!”

[so she is the last one.] Machina said [is she good?]

“Yeah she good,” White said “She is an airhead? Damn, she freaked me out for a second there!”

[so with this all 5 are complete, shall we head home?]

“Yeah” White replied.

Dreams were doors between one's conscious and subconscious, and white used dreams to determine their attitudes towards Serena.

Adena also started crying when she saw Serena, the two fans of her were very drastic, though they cried their eyes out they did not allow me to leave and wanted to chat, and they nearly figured out what might have happened already, these two were smart.

Avalon directly fell to his knees and apologized. After I arrived, he quickly pieced together what his father might have planned.

There was another benefit white got.

“It seems Avalon knew that poison user.” White spoke

29