chapter 18 can’t a woman eat her chips?!
739 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today the trio of Goddess, Machina and God- daughter were in the garden.

“Are you ready, Illya?” White asked.

“Yes, Mam” Illya replied as if she were a soldier.

“Good” Saying so, White placed a finger on Illya’s fore head.

“Relax and let the energy flow, I will unseal the blessing.” White said, though she says unsealing, its just removing restrictions. Her finger glowed.

“Okay” Illya closed her eyes slowly falling into a trance. A memory played in her mind.

It was the day she conjured fire for the first time, the first time she ever used magic. She was showing it to her God-Ma, the scene changed, flames in White’s hands slowly took shape forming a Majestic bird, the bird opened its eyes, showing those beautiful Amber eyes, it lifted its wings and flew.

White stepped back, “It is instinctive, don’t think and just conjure flames, you know how to do it.” she whispered.

Air around Ilya heated up, the surrounding heat was causing the air to rise making her dress flutter. Her beautiful Black hair rose.

[a Good thing that those clothes are heat resistant.] Machina who was behind White spoke.

“Yeah,” White said, “But you know what’s better?”

[What?] Machina confused.

“Her hair is rising,” White pointed out, “Luckily she won’t go S*per S*iyan, Blonde doesn’t suit my God-daughter, I will permit Ult*a Instinct though, she will have hair similar to mine.”

[Was that comment necessary?] Machina quipped.

“I won’t allow blond, it doesn’t suit her image.” White huffed.

Meanwhile, Illya’s hair had a tint of crimson at the ends, sparks appearing beside her.

“It’s good that I have a barrier placed,” White said, “Don’t want others peeping in on this, what is great is that it also protects the garden from the heat and flames, two birds with one shot.”

The heat around Illya distorted the image of the surrounding garden. A crimson glow pouring out of her body, She slowly opened her eyes revealing beautiful amber eyes similar to the one White has.

Illya observed herself and her surroundings, “God-ma, is this my blessing?” she asked.

“Yes,” White replied, “How do you feel?”

“I don’t know, um, Natural?” Illya was confused, it felt natural to her, she never done something like this but she felt it was natural for her, But she had a few doubts “God-ma, this isn’t magic, I did not use any spells or circles, this is like when I conjured flames, is my blessing from flame spirits? No flame spirits aren’t this powerful, we need spells to use their powers, What is my blessing?” she asked.

“Don’t compare yourself to those weak spirits, you have the blessing divine phoenix.” White said while she took out a life size mirror.

“A Phoenix,” Illya mumbled and looked into the mirror. She could see a crimson aura surrounding her, her hair tinted crimson at the ends and lastly her eyes, Amber eyes just like her God-ma. She recalled the Phoenix White formed, it had Amber eyes.

She looked at White and asked, “My eyes are like your one. Is this because of the blessing? Does that mean you have the blessing of a divine Phoenix too, God-ma?”.

“Something similar,” White replied.

“But isn’t a divine phoenix a myth? Aren’t the normal ones already extinct? How could there be a divine one? Why did it bless me?” Illya shoot out questions like a Machine Gun.

“Slow down Illya,” White gasped, “Phoenix’s are extinct, but Divine ones are Immortal, but I can’t tell you how you got its blessing,” White spoke. She did not want to reveal the info about Ilya’s birth.

Illya felt that her God-ma was hiding something, but she didn’t push her and just nodded “oh, is that so.” she spoke placing her finger on her chin, thinking.

Looking at that calm attitude, it reminded White of Serena… Both are mother and daughter after all.

Illya raised her head, “God-ma, if this is the blessing of a Divine Phoenix, how did it guide me to you? Can I do it again?” she asked.

White did not hide much as she wanted to avoid inducing suspicion from her own god-daughter “The blessing has a few properties of space, it can bring you to me directly, in this state if you will it you can sense my direction, you just have to think about finding me and it will bring you to me.”

It stunned Illya, space magic was something only a Sorcerer Supreme could use, and that is something she read in books, There was no known Sorcerer Supreme and she has powers similar to that level. She never thought it had space properties as it is unheard of, but this confirmed how she reached her God-ma’s mansion so fast, she thought it increased her speed and led her to her God-ma, and she was too focused to observe her surroundings, she never considered the possibility of space magic.

White looked at her God-daughter, who was deep in thought. She didn’t want the conversation to lead to her birth, so she quickly spoke, “Don’t think too much about it. Not that powerful as you think, it can only lead you to me.” She spoke, pointing her finger towards her own amber eye, wanting Illya to make sense of it. She really did not want to continue this conversation.

Illya glanced at her God-ma and went into deep thought again. She placed her finger on her chin.

White was getting agitated. She felt heat from Illya and spoke without thinking, trying to change the conversation “Uhm, Illya, you are hot!” She spoke.

Machina who wanted to get in the conversation and help her Hokage was dumbstruck.

[Say what now, lady HOKAGE?] Machina.

“…” Illya did not understand what was happening.

Whit noticed the two’s reaction when it slowly dawned on her, she started speaking loudly “NO THIS IS A MISUNDERSTANDING MACHINA!” She tried to regain her composure “Illya you now need to control the surrounding aura, we don’t want to harm the environment.” White spoke.

Illya blankly stared at her, “Uh, yes of course” She nodded as it was obvious “I need to control my power”.

White tried to appear calm “Just pull your aura inside, do it slowly, it is like controlling mana.” she spoke.

Illya followed her words. The aura receded into her, and the surrounding temperature dropped slowly.

“Now completely relax to come out of that state.” White said

Illya closed her eyes and relaxed. She slowly breathed in and out.

The crimson tint on her hair receded, and when she opened her eyes, they turned normal, beautiful crimson.

“This state won’t consume any stamina or energy, you just need to remember that feeling” White spoke eating some chips “But it will drain you a little when you use that space power.”

[Lady Hokage, why are there chips in your hands?] Machina spoke in a chilly tone.

“What do you mean why? Can’t a woman eat chips?” White quipped.

[You can but not before lunch!] She spoke angrily [You know that it will mess with your appetite?] stepping towards White.

“Its just lunch” White trying to block her chips from being snatched with her other hand “I am sure I will have a good appetite.”

[It's just what?!] Machina was slowly moving towards White.

White backed away, “chips?” she spoke meekly, trying to extend other bags of chips to Machina.

Contrary to her expectation of Machina snatching her snacks, she stood quietly and smiled [No worry, want some cola and your laptop? You can watch anime.] Machina spoke in a sweet voice.

White had chills. It felt as though a mother was tempting her child with sweets and video games AND THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN! “You are not angry?” She slowly asked, rubbing her arms. She is having chills.

[What do you think?] Machina smiled.

“OH, Okay I would like a cola.” White spoke while staring and scrutinizing Machina’s every move.

[Good, I brought them with me] Machina twirled merrily as she brought out a laptop and a bottle of cola [ENJOY].

White took them from Machina’s hands, “Thanks?” White spoke at a loss for words… Where is the damn punch line? It is not this easy to get my way!

“Uh, where is my screen time? What am I supposed to do now?” Illya asked, it upset her as they left her out of the conversation.

“Now you just need to practice controlling that aura, and conjuring flames.” White spoke “You can increase their power by compressing them, I will teach that tomorrow for now just practice controlling your aura.” She became lazy the moment she got her laptop and wanted to stream some anime. What she didn’t notice was Machina was chuckling sweetly behind her.

“Oh, ok” Illya found nothing weird.

[You can practice till lunch Illya, that means for about 20 minutes, you can continue after lunch] Machina chuckled.

“Great, what’s for lunch?” Illya asked, she tasted Machina’s food, and it was delicious.

[We are having pizza!] Machina spoke excitedly [Why don’t you come aside we can just have lunch first, you can practice later.] Machina spoke, pointing to a table she had set up.

White had just made a temporary table and chair ready to binge some anime, “Pizza?” she asked, stopping what she was doing.

[Yes! You can continue with whatever you are doing, we will go over there and have P-I-ZZ-A] Machina said as she articulated the word ‘pizza’.

“Mine?” White asked. She felt that she was begging for the punchline.

[You can eat your chips and drink cola.] Machina winked and walked towards the table she setup.

“My piz..” White wanted to say something, but her maid interrupted her.

[uhuh, your chips, please continue with your chips.] Machina made a no gesture with her finger [We eat pizza, you eat chips, have a great lunch Lady Hokage!]

“…” White… so that was the punchline, but I want a PIZZA!.

33