Legacy World 3.14
446 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Disclaimer: This chapter contain bullying and verbal abuse. It may triggering.**

The sun already begun to set by the time a huge bunch of animals appeared out of thin air charging in a direction towards FenFang's dwelling. ShiJiao was at the front leading everyone. He looked rested and recharged for the upcoming fight.

BaiXue continued to cultivate without a bother while LongFei slunk away, changed into a dragon, and identified each and every one of the appearing animals.

Just as there was no longer anyone exiting the illusion, Long Fei spotted the animals that BaiXue spoke of close to the back of the group. He instantly shot out his ice cold flames to surround the group that BaiXue wanted. The unfortunate animals who were near that group either got killed or injured.

The entire group stopped and stared at the silver dragon in the sky with shock and fear.

"Go. I only have business with this group here." LongFei said in a commanding voice.

Everyone regained their senses and ran with greater fervour. LongFei's appearance was a misunderstanding. It fueled their rage and suspicion against FenFang.

The group that was singled out huddled with their backs together.

"What does he want from us?" A cheetah asked.

"When did we upset a dragon?" A jaguar asked next.

"Anyone met him before?" Another jaguar asked.

The underlings started to lose their cool until a tiger with only one eye shouted, "It doesn't matter! Fight to escape and keep your heads on!"

The fire around them was raging tall and high. They could only jump through it if they wanted to escape. The tiger was the first to jump through. The rest gathered their courage to follow him out one by one in the order of who gathered their courage the fastest. They did so without knowing that those who jumped out was immediately met with a kick to their face.

The group managed to escape out of the circle of fire but they were now lying on the floor in pain and suffering from a concussion. All of them were sharing the same thought. Was it fire or a wall that we jumped through? 

BaiXue did not give them a chance to recover. She dashed to the tiger at full speed, appeared in front of his exposed belly in the next instant, and spun around to kick it with a full force. It shocked the tiger back to his senses and made him fly back through the flames and out the other side. The pain shot through his body from his stomach. Damn that person! Wait till I get my hands on you!

She did not bother chasing him and did the same to all the other 5 animals. When she kicked everyone across to the other side, she recklessly jumped through the flames herself to get to them. 

When LongFei saw her jump towards the flames, his heart wrenched. His flames were strong enough such that jumping through it would cause burns even if the exposure was only momentary.

He would have stopped her from doing so but he held back himself with much difficulty. BaiXue had ordered for him not to interfere with her fight no matter what. As if she was not convinced that he would heed her order, she had made him promise her. She only said that there was a personal vengeance that she just had to exact out by herself.

What have they done to her? LongFei wondered as he watched without daring to blink.

When BaiXue jumped through the flames, she ignored the burning yet numbing sensation she felt on her body and began attacking again. 2 of them had their stomachs to her and got it kicked by her again. 2 had shielded their stomachs but exposed their backs to her and got their spines paralysed. 2 managed to recover and were on their feet. 1 got his head walloped again which gave him a second concussion while the other dodged.

The one who dodged was none other than the tiger.

"I remember who you are. Being beaten by a mere rabbit really triggered some memories." The tiger said with a sneer. "You're that small useless puny rabbit who was protected by that hare from more than a year ago, aren't you?"

BaiXue did not bother to listen and rushed to attack. She dashed from her spot, spun to gain momentum for a powerful kick, but ended up passing by the tiger instead when he dodged. She immediately rebounded off the spot she fell at towards the tiger again, then swung another kick at him. This sequence repeated several times at different angles of attack at a high speed. She moved so quickly that she looked like a blur of white to any untrained eyes, which included the tiger's lackeys. However, this speed still could not best the tiger. He consistently dodged her attacks by a hair's breath each time.

"What a pity, no matter how much you train, you'll never beat a natural born genius like me." The tiger continued to dodge her attacks. 

"I'm the peak form of our kind!" The strong constitution of his body not only helped him keep up with BaiXue's hard-earned speed, it also prevented him from suffering a serious internal injury from BaiXue's kick to his stomach.

"Perhaps like your brother is. He managed to take one of my eye after all." The tiger smirked as he continued to taunt BaiXue. She was unaffected by his taunts and simply focused on kicking, head butting, and dodging his counter attacks.

The taunts did not work on BaiXue because she was sure of how much she has grown. For example, being able to dodge all of the tiger's counter attacks were feats she could only dream of in the past. 

How unfair life is. Some people are just born loved by the gods and given bodies that naturally absorbs the mystical energy of this world. He's at a stage that I achieved after months of hard work. BaiXue thought to herself while fighting.

They were both in a stalemate. Each of them were simply waiting for the other to slip up.

The tiger was confident in his abilities so was also unfazed by BaiXue's deft and agile movements. 

"Or should I use the past tense? Since you're here, I'm guessing that he died. He's still weaker than me in the end." The tiger scoffed her brother. 

He predicted BaiXue's twist of her body that she does to launch a kick then bit down on her fluffy tail to toss her away from him. Her body landed with a heavy thud onto the floor and skid for a short distance before stopping.

"Or should I say... You are the reason he died. You're still as weak as ever."

BaiXue was getting up from the ground and jerked a little involuntarily upon hearing those words. She tried to move but found her body frozen in fear and hesitation. She was sure by now that she was gradually losing control over her body. 

She was completely certain that she was not affected by the taunts yet her movements began to slow a little. There had also been increasing hesitation in her moves which resulted in lags between the plan and the execution. 

Now she could only watch the tiger approach her slowly and proudly with the desire to kill reflected in her eyes. 

"Your brother really put up a good fight. You however... were simply a burden." 

BaiXue felt her body tense up further in fear. 

BaoBao, what's going on?

The emotions left behind by the original soul is very strong. These emotions are causing the associated physiological reactions in the body even if it does not originate from you.

I didn't know this was possible. BaoBao you were negligent.

I'm sorry! These are very rare occurrences. Only one or two cases of this happening ever recorded. No system would expect it to happen to mere side characters so I never bothered to bring it up!

His data was wrong yet again. BaoBao silently cursed the poor accounting of emotions that the deductions of systems like him have. He decided to send this data in to the administrators for an assessment of the importance of emotions. Everything that deviated from their calculations were valuable information to improve their predictions in the future.

By the time BaiXue was done communicating with BaoBao in her mind, the tiger was breathing down in her face.

"Why do you seek to kill me? Why do you blame me for his death? Wasn't it because of you that he died? I could identify a fellow talent and he was one. If not for you, he would have survived and had a bright future ahead of himself. You should have been the one who died instead."

The tiger successfully jabbed every insecurity that the original soul had. BaiXue could not help but lie there unmoving and shivering in her spot. Her eyes became glossy with tears that were not her own. Her heart was filled with shame and remorse.

The tiger's eyes shone with evilness and glee upon seeing her in the sorry state she was reduced to.

"You're the one responsible for his death. You should just kill yourself!" He swiped at her and threw her into the circle of flames that was still raging. His claws drew blood causing deep scratches on the side of her body. 

Her body thumped onto the ground heavily within the circle. The tiger jumped in easily, thinking to toy with the weak her. He had completely forgotten about LongFei who was watching on with gritted teeth and reddening eyes.

When LongFei saw BaiXue frozen in her spot, he knew something was wrong with her. So he had moved and was about to interfere when he saw her shot a warning gaze at him. Why?! 

He held defiance in his eyes and continued to fly towards her. This was when her eyes lost all emotions as she held his gaze. It was as if she gave up on him. The sudden change in her gaze shocked him to the core. He was afraid. He did not want to be abandoned by her. He did not want to disappoint her.

He gritted his teeth and held back his desire to fly to her side. If he survives this, I'll make sure he lives a life worse than death! LongFei swore to himself.

The tiger slowly approached her in arrogance. "What were you thinking of when you left your village in pursuit of me? What did you think you could do to me?" 

The tiger swiped at BaiXue again and caused more deep gashes. She landed near the ice flames that were still raging.

"What did you think you could achieve?" The tiger asked as he used his paw to press down on BaiXue. It made her go close enough to the flames such that she could feel the burn and her fur was already being singed. 

"I wonder how your brother must be turning in his grave with frustration. Losing his life for someone who is full of herself and so eager to give her life away!" The tiger began laughing maniacally then continued on. "Someone like you doesn't deserve to live. Any last words?"

"... He's right." BaiXue said in a hoarse whisper as if she was talking to herself.

"I'll help you fulfil your death wish then." The tiger smirked and proceeded to bite down on her head.

"But we can't die!" She broke free from the depressive hold the original soul had on her body and dodged the attack. His teeth that would have bitten her head clean off ended up scrapping against her neck instead. She had dashed to the back of the tiger by diving under him and now stood there.

BaiXue thought of her brother from her original life and recalled her brother's face just before she passed out in school only to die in the hospital. His face had been filled with agony and guilt.

"BaiXue can't die because it's representative of brother's life!" She dodged another attack by the tiger but it still took a lot of effort to do so.

"If things were to repeat itself, there is nothing BaiXue should change!" She dodged yet another attack with great difficulty.

"So you'd drive your brother to his death again?!" The tiger roared.

"It's better than letting him live filled with guilt and self-blame! I know how brother is like! He would never forgive himself as long as he lives!" A few tears escaped her eyes as if the original soul heard her. However, BaiXue could no longer tell if her own feelings started to get mixed in too.

"He wished for me to live. He never stopped believing in me. So I'll believe in him and his ideals. I'd rather my brother die proud, happy, and satisfied. He died a death he felt was honourable! I'll not allow anyone to sully his intentions." As she was saying her last words, tears flowed freely and BaiXue was panting. She felt overwhelmed with the intensity of the emotions she felt within herself at this moment. Pride, gratefulness, sorrow, relief, and anger.

"I'll not let brother down!"

16