Chapter 1 Painful betrayal
45 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mark looked down at his opponent now lying flat on the ground with a sword pierced in his chest. He almost didn’t hear the commentator yell “And sword demon wins the finale of the King’s Arena!”

To all who bet on him congrats and to all of us who bet on the paladin of darkness too bad we didn’t win anything again.”

 Mark finally snapped out of his stupor and saw the message fill his vision [congratulations on winning the King’s Arena you currently have 80,000 points do you wish to convert the points in the warehouse?] [yes][no]

Mark immediately selected [yes] and he was transported into the warehouse were he could finally pick the item he had been fighting to get for 5 years the [nine yin meridian practice art (7 layers)]

 The message prompt he got was [this practice cost 79,900 points do you wish to buy][yes][no] Mark again selected [yes] and a elvish like person came to him.

“Welcome champion and thank you for buying from us. Here is the practice you bought” and he handed over the [nine yin meridian practice], mark clutched it in his hands and was elated, he thought to himself “finally now my little sister can start her practice and become stronger.”

 This was the only thing he and his parents were worried about, the fact that his little sister couldn’t practice anything so he had searched around the Central Continent and finally found a doctor who told him that his sister had a special physique and could only practice a nine yin meridian practice, however she could only practice one in her entire life so he should get the best he could.

Since the limit of practice scrolls inside Hope was 7 layers he entered the special instance, because he knew he could get the practice in here. After the Elvish shopkeeper had given Mark the scroll he said “Thank you for your patronage we hope to see you again” Mark knew this couldn’t be true since the instance would close 24 hours after the King’s Arena had been won but still waved goodbye politely since his parents raised him like that.

 Since the instance would close he wanted to get a message over to his lover who he met 4 years ago inside this instance. She told him that she would wait for him inside their house after he had won so he left King’s Arena and hired a horse to make the trip there which would take about 10 hours.

“Hey Mark welcome back and congratulations on winning you finally did it!” Mark walked up to Susy and smiled “yeah I finally did it but I couldn’t have done it without you, so would you like to do anything before this world closes” Susy was silent for a while when she suddenly lit up “Oh I know what to do, how about we go to the capital one last time to see the watchtower where we met.” “sure” said Mark who went out to grab two horses and they went to the capital.

However once inside the forest Mark found out that it was completely silent while normally in that part of the forest there would at least be some birds and other small wildlife this gave him the chills and he felt something sting his shoulder.

He looked over and saw a little needle pierced through his armour and into his arm. It must have had a potent poison on it since next thing he knew was that his arms and feet were bound by chains he looked towards his captors in disbelief since he knew all of them some were mercenaries who he fought with and his lover stood there with a triumphant look “look baby I told you he didn’t suspect me now we can finally make some big bucks with this practice I’m told that one of the four overlords of the North has a friend with nine yin meridians I wonder how much he would pay for this method, he might even give us some post in his kingdom then our personal points would skyrocket.”

The mercenary leader looked at her and said, “yeah that would be the best at least we should make sure this piece of shit cannot get back at us, kill him boys.” The rest of the mercenaries around 20 people walked around him and stabbed him like some wild dog. Mark closed his eyes while he teared up, he thought to himself “sorry sis I couldn’t save you please forgive me.” While this wasn’t his first time dying in Hope this one was by far the most painful.

Betrayed by friends and lover he swore to himself “I’m going to get back at all of you for this betrayal and make sure my family will rise again” then his vision went black.

Author's note: this is my first ever webnovel and i would like tips and tricks if you see any ways for me to improve leave a comment or personal message, anyway I hoped you enjoyed this first chapter and i will try to upload on a regular basis. also if you know some names for characters that would be great cause I am already struggling to make up names.

 

1