Chapter 4 Building the totem
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

01-09-2154 9PM

Capsule has registered user “Sword Demon”. Mark was overcome with nostalgia once he saw the name again. Back then he registered using the name Kram since he sucked at making up names and afterwards because of his actions to help his family became known as the Sword Demon, so this time he would honour this name and let it become famous.

Mark still remembered how the game started you made your name and the looks were simply scanned by the capsule so you could not have a different look. Then you could pick one thing from a list ranging from weapons to tools and even amours. Mark hoped his friends listened to him to pick some sort of weapon/tool hybrid such as an axe or something they were good at using.

He knew what he should choose since he now knew a little bit about blacksmithing and he had the game’s help with him. The true realism would only start after the first year and with the departure to the new planet came the first yearly update to make the game as real as possible. He chose the blacksmith package as starter kit which included: a small furnace, a hammer and 1 unit of iron to process.

He estimated that with 1 unit he could make around 40 tachi which Devon showed him to make. He spawned in the middle of nowhere, yet he knew exactly where to go. Mark had told the rest to go towards a pillar of smoke since Hope spawned players from the same village around 1km apart from each other.

Mark went towards the edge of a forest and used foraged some branches and grabbed some new leaves from the trees. It took mark around 30 minutes in game to finally create a spark big enough for a fire to start. Once the fire was burning quite well, he threw on some of the leaves and it started to smoke like crazy.

“pfff luckily I watched some of those old survival series on the net” Marked said to himself. After about 20 more minutes everyone finally reunited. Rick was ranting about the stupid realism inside the game “I’m just saying it took me a whole 15 minutes to finally grab onto a rabbit like come on.” Mark looked at him weirdly and asked what he did with the rabbit. “well I didn’t know what to do but I just kept it in my backpack.” Mark said that’s great let’s cook it on the fire right now.

Mark knew this way they could bypass the hunger debuff which would decrease the strength of your character and since they needed to hurry up making the village creation totem any sort of delay would cost them dearly.

After breakfast (in-game time started 12 hours before real-time so it was 9 am and every cycle is from 9 am to 9 am) mark told them to do a multiple things, Jim spawned with a bow since every member from his family was told this was the weapon the creator of the clan used in the past so his job would be to scout out a good place to start the village. Luke spawned with two daggers since he thought they would have multiple purposes, one he could skin animals, two he could assassinate enemies and 3 they could be used in small surroundings like caves.

Mark suddenly remembered the 4 Horsemen of Death in the past which were, Sword Demon, Silent Day, Leaper and Aqua. All were named after the ways they would kill, Sword Demon would beat everyone with swordplay so brutal that it looked like he didn’t care about his own life, Silent Day could assassinate even the biggest lords in the middle of the day without ever being seen, leaper would always do a surprise attack from above and Aqua was mostly a pirate player who drowned his enemies.

Luke was told to go together with Rick as they would find the biggest animal they could find and bring its carcass back.

Mark thought about all things necessary and told Rick that once they found something the size of a boar he needed to chop down a tree at least as big as his body in width. Mark now had all the things ready, blood for the ritual, wood to build it with and he himself would get a gem or something shiny for the top of the totem.

Mark ran towards the closest mountains which were around 10km away. Once he arrived he looked for something like a small ledge. He still knew the post from the only gold-level village in the past, once I found a ledge I saw a funny looking rock and brought it with me when suddenly the totem which only needed minerals started to react to it.

With the stone in his hand he went back to camp where Jim was walking patrol after making a simple map on the rabbit hide. Mark looked at the surroundings and talked to Jim about the plans in the future and they decided to build the village a little close to the river while not extremely close to prevent flooding. Since this way it would provide space for farming, a mountain for mining close by and a forest for wood and animals. Since the map was so big he even saw that there was an lake/ocean nearby and asked Jim if there was something up with that. The answer he got was surprising “well, the lake is salty so it’s unusable for farming I thought it to be useless.” Mark suddenly sprung up since he knew that salt could be sold for cash in the village shop once they would activate the totem and that it could be their main source of income at least in the beginning.

Once Rick and Luke came back they started carving the wood in a way they liked it to be. After about 12 hours of playing in-game time they were finally able to start the ritual when suddenly a notification started to sound. [Congratulations to Coast Village for being the first village in the Eastern Continent] Mark started the ritual and let the blood flow over the stone. It suddenly washed away the debris on the gem inside the stone as if it was corrosive and showed the deepest green emerald they had ever seen.

Mark placed the emerald inside a lion’s mouth carved inside the totem and he hear the system. [Would you like to create a village] [yes][no] He selected yes and filled in the name they had decided on. [Congratulations to Blade Village for being the third village in the Eastern Continent] This message was looked upon by all the higher-ups since this was the first real village which did not have a cheat like totem already build with gem and all.

[Would you like to start the Blade Village creation instance] (goal of the instance is to protect the village against the invasion of bandits with as few casualties as possible. Bonus rewards for helping the villagers with any problems they might have.)

1