Chapter 6
78 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh, what the hell?" (Kazu)

As I slowly open my eyes, an unfamiliar ceiling caught my sight.

I'm.... on a bed? Was it all a dream??

Wait, this isn't my room so it's not a dream. Maybe I was rescued after the ship sunked?

Hold on, there's a girl sitting on a chair beside me. She has horns?

Oh, so all the things that had happen wasn't a dream after all. I'm not in the human continent anymore.

Which means, I was saved??

"How much longer are you going to stare blankly at me?"

"Oh, right." (Kazu)

I was mesmerized, she's so beautiful. Rivalling even.... Hela. Dammit, I don't want to remember that woman.

Wait, no way I'm going to fall for another person in this place. If I did, then I'd fall into whatever trap they're scheming.

I can't let my guard down, not with all that has happened. I can't easily trust anyone here anymore.

"Since you've woken up, there's some soup left on that table over there."

She pointed at a small round table in the corner of this room. It had 2 chairs on each side of it.

"There's also kitchen over there, a bathroom over there, and the door to the outside is over there."

She points at the direction of each things. She does this with a monotonous face. Even when I first saw her face, she already had a monotonous expression to her.

Looking around more, it seems that it's not a room inside a house. It is a house, or, well, a cabin.

It's a cozy cabin for sure, but it feels quiet. Is she the only one living here? She looks quite young.

"So, when are you leaving?"

"Huh?" (Kazu)

"You're going to leave soon right? This isn't your home."

"Uhh, then why did you save me?" (Kazu)

"I just pitied you. You were on the dirt, laying naked, with wounds, and unconscious. Plus, I've never seen someone too pitiful."

"That's it?" (Kazu)

"What more is there to it?"

Ummm, yeah now that I think about it. There's not that much to it. But, what will I do now?

Okay, y'know what? Let's just try and ask where this place is.

"So where are we right now?" (Kazu)

"Pretty secluded, it's a plateau surrounded by the mountains."

"Wha? You mean we're in-between the mountain range?" (Kazu)

"Yep, but only I know where to enter this hidden plateau."

"Why are you telling me this? Aren't you afraid that I will tell somebody about this place?" (Kazu)

"Why would you even do that? I saved you in the first place."

"Right." (Kazu)

"And you're the only human here, you don't have anyone who will trust you."

What the hell? I'm pretty sure I don't look human. I mean, my skin is too pale for a human, my eyes are red, and my ears are a little bit pointy because of me now being about a quarter elf.

"Ho-how do you know that I'm human? And why do you know that I'm alone?" (Kazu)

"Well, look at me, you know what race I am right?"

"You're, a demon?" (Kazu)

"Correct, and we demons have special eyes unique to each individual demons. Mine is called the 'Demon Eyes of Truth'. You can tell by it's name, I can see the true nature of anyone and anything. Seeing through lies is also one of it's powers."

"That is too overpowered." (Kazu)

"It's really not. It also takes awhile to master and can be tiring if used too much."

"And you're fine with telling me this? Isn't it your secret?" (Kazu)

"You're not the type of a person who would reveal someone else's secrets. I can see it. Also, it's not really a secret."

"Oh...." (Kazu)

"So, when are you leaving?"

Right, I haven't answered.

"I don't know. All of my belongings have been stolen, so I really can't go anywhere." (Kazu)

"Ahh I see, it must've been those bandits. Never thought they would still be around."

"What do you mean?" (Kazu)

"Long story short, they've stolen some things from me when I was still a kid. That was around 10 years ago."

Damn, those bandits were a lot older than I thought.

"Umm, can I ask a question?" (Kazu)

"Sure, go ahead."

"I was sure that the place I got robbed was still far away from the mountains. How did you find me anyway and why did you carry me all the way here?" (Kazu)

"You sure do love asking questions, just like what my demon eyes see in you. Anyways, I was wandering around that place for hunting, and I just saw you and pitied you."

We then chatted some more about things. Sometimes I can see a faint smile on that face of hers, but I'm sure it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

I also ate the soup that she gave to me, not gonna lie, tastes pretty good. Apparently, it had meat that was from a boar she hunted near the place she found me.

I guess luck stroke me when I needed it the most.

Since my body was still pretty injured and can't move around without hurting, I just ate and slept all day.

There is a somewhat happy news however. I didn't really need to go to the town that I was headed to. Because she offered me a job here, and she offered me a home and food as the pay.

I almost rejected it, but considering that I had no one else to trust and to ask help for, I'm forced to trust her anyways. Not that much though, I still have doubts about this.

Looking back at the past, this is really similar to what happened in that elf village. If something like that happens to me again, I think I'm going to kill myself.

I've really lost almost all hope to be honest. There's really nothing else for me to live for.

That concludes my first day here, I guess.

~To be continued....

4