Chapter 2
123 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  It's already morning, now that I've managed to get some sleep, let's find a genuine, real, not dangerous, water source.

"OWWW!"

Why does my skin feel like it burns? The sunlight?

No way, yesterday, the sun was still fine. Why did it suddenly get super hot?

Maybe I was just mistaken, let's step out of this shelter again.

"OWWWW!! OWWWW!!"

What? Why? Why does everything try to kill me?

God, what the fuck?

Have I done something wrong in my past life? Cause I've never done anything in this short life of mine.

Does the world hate me that much?

*SIGH*

I want to cry, but I have to safe my tears, or else I'll die from lack of water sooner.

Now, let's see the current situation. I'm trapped, these big rocks sheltered me last night, but there're no trees or plants around it.

Hang on a second, why weren't there anything burning? The sunlight is currently very hot, but nothing is burning?

Is it me? Only me? I hope it's not only myself.

*GRUMBLE*

I'm starving again. And the only thing that I can safely eat is this, this, hand left-over from yesterday.

*GULP*

____________________________________________

After almost puking for I don't know how many times while eating that hand, I've decided to look at my surroundings more.

Currently, I'm inside a semi-cave made out of 1 big rock on top of 2 bigger rocks. The sun is a deadly lazer, somehow, and it only affects me.

Was it because I ate something wrong?

The only things I have eaten while on this place were that dew, that damn fruit, and that mangled arm.

It only happened after yesterday, meaning, the arm made me this way?

It couldn't be avoided, because it was the only thing that wasn't going to kill me instantly when I eat it.

I should just wait for night time, since I'm trapped because there're no trees around these rocks that could shade me from that sunlight.

____________________________________________

It's now night time, and my condition has gone worse. My body currently lacks too much water, so I feel very dizzy and weak.

I have to persevere. If I die now, then all of the struggles I've just went through would be for nothing.

If I die, then I should've just died back on that ship. It's pointless to die now.

But, I can't, I, I just can't.

My legs, they're too weak. They're about to collapse at anytime now.

"Ah!"

*DROPS*

I, my, my vision is fading. I can't seem to move any longer as well.

This is finally my time to die.

"%@%@%%%!"

"$$£!+/!!"

"&&&&!€!^:!#*#@!"

____________________________________________

I am inside a cell. Somehow, after I blacked out, some mysterious people put me in a cell.

I've been trapped here in this cell for who knows how long. For all I know it felt like it has been weeks.

Once a day, they'll open a tiny hatch below the door and give me food and water. It didn't taste good, but I was too hungry to care about it.

Sometimes, I hear them chat with each other. And other times, one of them would come in and threaten me to tell about something.

The thing is, they didn't speak human. The language they were speaking, I don't know. The reason why they put me in this cell, I don't know.

But there was one thing that I 100% know. They were elves. I used to see descriptions and stories about them in books and novels.

They were depicted as beautiful creatures, and they possessed lots of knowledge about nature and magic. They can also easily live up to a thousand years. Seeing them up closely, they really do look beautiful.

But, there's something different about them. In the descriptions, they were described as peaceful creatures that were bright.

The elves that brought me here, looked gloomy and tired. Even the resident elves that I saw while I was being put in cell, were not that different from them.

It's as if the living conditions here were bad.

____________________________________________

"You, why did you come here?"

It appears that an elderly male elf has talked to me. The other ones seemed to not understand or speak human language.

"I was stranded here a few days ago, our ship was sucked into a maelstrom, and I was the only one that survived."

"And how did you survive on that cursed island?"

"Wait, this place isn't on the island?"

"Of course not, that island is a death trap. On that island, almost everything can kill you instantly when you consume them. Even beasts and monsters wouldn't go near that place. So of course, we elves cannot possibly sustain ourselves when living there."

Hmmm, so I was really lucky to not instantly die at that island huh? But that's weird, why was a wolf there? Fuck, this is getting confusing.

Let's hide the fact about what I did there.

"Sir, I haven't done anything to your kin, I am also not dangerous. As you can see, I'm just a harmless human, so please set me free."

"You, you're that bad at lying huh?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? You're obviously a ghoul, so why are you trying to lie about it?

"..."

~To be continued....

Author note: I'm releasing these chapters as fast as I possibly can, so they might be too short for you readers. I want to release longer ones, but it'll be slower, and I just don't want that. Anyways, that's it. Cya! 

ヽ(*бωб)ノ

3