Chapter 7
75 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's the start of my second day here.

I have just woken up.

The sun is shining through the windows, the birds are chirping, and there's an ambient sound of a flowing river.

My wounds have gotten better. Not fully healed yet, but it has definitely healed better than yesterday.

Last night, the demon girl from yesterday told me that her name was Lillia. I thought that it was quite an unusual name for a demon, since I've always thought that demons would have scarier names.

Of course, I also told her my name. Well, my recently given name. Even though it was given by Hela, I couldn't really think of any other names that would replace it. Dammit, I really couldn't forget about her.

I should really move on from her. I can't keep being depressed, but it still haunts me. That unforgivable day will sometimes show up in my dreams.

Ok, moving on.

I could only walk around and not do any other actions other than eating, sleeping, and y'know, toilet stuff. Since that was the case, I decided to go out and look at the surroundings.

It might cheer me up and help me forget about the pain. But first, let's eat some breakfast.

____________________________________________

Ah, that was quite a refreshing and warm breakfast. The food that I had only eaten recently were always cold.

Even the soup yesterday was already cold.

But, I guess that warmth made me feel better about life. Back in the forest and that island, all I had in mind was survival.

Elf village? Let's not remember about that.

But when I was deep in the forest, I couldn't sleep properly, I couldn't think straightly, I didn't even have that much appetite even though my stomach was churning from hunger.

But now, it feels like a portion of a huge weight had been lifted. Not all of the weight, but you get the gist of it.

Right now, I'm walking slowly to the door. If I walked at a normal speed, my wounds would hurt. But, it's time I see the outside fully.

I've only seen the outside briefly when the demon girl, Lillia was going outside.

She told me that there's actually 3 cabins here. It appears that this place used to be some sort of settlement, but it got abandoned.

And she discovered it after she got robbed by those bandits, some 10 or so years ago.

Like what I thought yesterday, those bandits are older than what they looked like.

Anyways, the cabin that I am using right now is one of the 3 cabins. 

According to her words, she uses the best looking cabin. She described it as a mini mansion. I'm not gonna believe that until I see it myself though.

Now that I've reached the door, I'm now going to open it.

....

....

Wow.

It's an utterly awe-inspiring sight.

There're truly mountains surrounding us. The higher I looked, the thicker the clouds covering these magnificent mountains.

Not just that, in front of me, lay plains with some knee-height grass.

If I looked further, there're flowers that cover a portion of the plains.

When I looked to the left, there's a distant, but big, lake that flows into a river. And that river plunges over a cliff, making an enormous waterfall.

On the right, there's a forest. A lot of the trees are as tall as towers. Must've been the source of wood that made these cabins.

Surrounding all these scenery, except the mountains, are gigantic rocks and cliffs that are bigger than the biggest castles I've ever seen.

Truly, a magnificent sight.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Around my cabin, lies 2 other ones.

One of them looks almost the same as the one I'm currently staying in, and the other, looks like...

Holy shit, she wasn't joking, it's too fancy of a cabin. Rather, it's not even a cabin, it's really a damn mini mansion.

Wow, this might be a place that a lord used to live in. But how come no one knows about this place?

Maybe the people that used to live here died?

Ah, there's Lillia she's walking towards me.

"Quite a nice place right?" (Lillia)

"Yeah, this is actually a beautiful place. But I'm wondering..." (Kazu)

"What is it?" (Lillia)

"Did the previous owners died?" (Kazu)

"Dunno, when I discovered this place, it looked like it was abandoned for years." (Lillia)

"Are there no monsters here?" (Kazu)

"Strangely, yeah. Only small critters live on this land." (Lillia)

"That's weird." (Kazu)

"Yup, it's been about 10 years since I've lived here, and there's not been a single monster around. Hell, even the largest animals here are only squirrels and fish." (Lillia)

Huh, I never expected such a peaceful place. Maybe I will enjoy living here for the rest of my life.

After the chat, I explored some more.

Behind the cabin, there's a tiny plowed land. Must be where I'm working for the job.

Near the plowed land, there's a man made small waterway that connects to the distant river.

Was she the one who made the waterway?? It must've taken a long time since the river is quite far away.

____________________________________________

After quite some time, I went back into the cabin and spent the rest of my day the same as yesterday.

Honestly, I'm up for living a quiet life and just farming.

I used to have a rather adventurous imagination, as I often imagined adventuring in fantasy lands, fighting monsters and evil scumbags.

But now, I'd rather not.

~To be continued....

3