Chapter 14
59 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Kazu's POV~

Well this is a familar ceiling.

Opening my eyes, deja vu comes rushing to me.

My body's full of wounds and I'm bandaged up all over again.

If I'm not mistaken, I died from that fight with the piglet right?

Looking beside me, there's the girl with the unchanging expression, Lillia.

Is this a dream? Is this what they call "Your whole life flashes on you when you're going to die"? Maybe this's that?

Hmmm, I'm not sure about it, but she does have a hint of worry in her face. So maybe I'm actually alive and was saved by her, again.

Actually, if this was a near death flashback, it wouldn't be this long.

Plus, I've never really had any near death flashbacks at the times of when I was dying.

Man, those were some horrible times. Especially on that island. That elf village ended up being bad as well, but more on the psychological aspect.

"Ah, you've woken up!" (Lillia)

Contrary to her expressive tone, her expressions hasn't changed.

"I woke uo quite awhile ago, you didn't notice?" (Kazu)

"Yeah, I was thinking about some stuff." (Lillia)

"By the way, how did you heal up my arm? I was sure that it was unfixable." (Kazu)

"Well, a few years ago, I found some high grade healing potions in the mansion's storage room. There were quite a lot, but they were limited. So I only use them in emergencies." (Lillia)

"Wait, healing potions exist?" (Kazu)

"Huh? It's pretty common knowledge, did you not know?" (Lillia)

"Of course I do! Bu-but, I thought those were only in stories?" (Kazu)

"What kind of backwater place did you come from?" (Lillia)

Damn, why do I always not connect the dots and realize that the stories usually told are true here?

Even in that elf village, I never really asked many questions about this world.

Basically, I'm only getting with information almost all of the time.

I need to really change and get better info about this world.

"So, what happened to the meat we were supposed to hunt?" (Kazu)

"Well, I ditched them. I could always hunt them again. I prioritised your safety." (Lillia)

"Huh. Oh right! Why didn't you tell me that those piglets would be stronger than me?" (Kazu)

"U-umm..." (Lillia)

There's a guilty tone in her eyes and voice. I really hit the mark huh?

"Uhmm, I thought that as a human, you were weak. But I didn't think that you were that weak." (Lillia)

OOF! Those words struck like an arrow right through my feelings!

"Even elves, the weakest race physiologically, can have their children beat those piglets with their magic." (Lillia)

UGHH!! Double hit!

"Even with you not being fully human, I thought you would be stronger." (Lillia)

OOOMPH!!! Triple hit!

"And-" (Lillia)

"STOP! STOP! Enough already, I know that I'm weak!" (Kazu)

While sulking, I cross my arms and look down.

I can't hide it, I'm frustrated.

In this world where strength is the way to live, I really really need to get stronger.

"Are you okay?" (Lillia)

"I'm fine! I'm fine!" (Kazu)

"That's not what a fine person would say." (Lillia)

"...." (Kazu)

"What do you say if I train you?" (Lillia)

"....?" (Kazu)

"Are you interested?" (Lillia)

____________________________________________


Day 1 of training.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I thought that the training would be special, but it was just physical training like running around.

Although it's ordinary, my body really is too weak to follow it through. Even running for only 10 minutes made me out of breath and collapse.

What am I gonna do when it gets harder? Give up?

No, I need to man up and succeed.

____________________________________________


Day 2 of training.

My diet has changed a bit. Lillia used to give me a more balanced meal when she cooks. Today, she gave me a more meat based diet.

Other than that, nothing has really changed. I still am running like yesterday.

Lillia said that somewhere in the near future, she will add more activities to my training.

____________________________________________

Day 7 of training.

It seems that my stamina can now last me around 15 minutes before collapsing.

This adds my confidence a bit more.

But, I'm still not too sure if this will make me stronger in this world.

I mean, people can literally shoot magic and shit.

And monsters are pretty much stronger than the normal people here.

What's one guy with a fit body capable of?

____________________________________________

Day 20 of training.

Makes me happy that I'm not as weak as I used to be. I can now run for about 45 minutes without collapsing.

Now that I think of it, that's embarrasingly weak.

Nope, let's not have negative thoughts. I'll trust her words and let her make me stronger.

____________________________________________

Day 30 of training.

Damn, she's really scary when I complain about the training.

It's not that her face becomes scarier, it doesn't.

But it's her aura that's scary. I feel shivers just thinking about it.

Coupled by the fact that she's physically strong as a demon, I'm becoming a bit more afraid of her.

____________________________________________

Day 45 of training.

Fuck. She's a demon! A demon I say!

After day 30, it never stopped. The training never stops!

Even when I collapse, she forcefully picks me up and spray cold water over me.

It only stops when I'm vomitting and/or fainting.

Thankfully, it only lasts for half a day.

____________________________________________

Day 50 of training.

Crazy! She's even more crazy!

Half-a-day with non-stop running is already bonkers, but now she added weights on top of it.

Now, I have to run while being strapped with weights all over my body!

____________________________________________

Day 60 of training.

Running. Running. Running.

Weights. Weights. Weights.

Fuck running. Fuck weights. Fuck me.

This is making me crazy!

I'm not even that good with this training, and she keeps adding more weights!

Even when I hadn't been used to a heavier training session, the next day, she would add more weights!

I'm not some monster, why would she torture me like this!


~To be continued....

3