011. Signum Ceremony
1.3k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First of September will come to tomorrow and Selina and all the Class 1's members will reenter the Seraphium Royal Academy as students of the second-year. As students of the second year, they needed to enter one of the four dormitories. But before that, they must undergo the Signum Ceremony which they will do once in a lifetime.

Today the thirty-first of August, all second-year students are required to wear plain white clothes. Alexa wore a plain white dress but with lace adorning the edges and the waist while her hair is decorated with a tiara-shaped headband. Everythings are products from Blooming Moon. Selina, on the other hand, chooses to wear a plain white shirt and pants without any accessories. With her hair cut to her chin, Selina looks just like a cute boy.

"Lina with your hair short like that, people will think that I got a new male friend beside our classmates," said Alexa, embracing Selina's arm.

*Huff*

"It's ridiculous. Of course, people will know that I am Selina, even I am not so ignorant of my own nickname, 'Lady Number 2' which I dislike till now. I am become well known because of that Rosenfeld." Selina felt quite annoyed remembering her nickname at Seraphium Royal Academy.

"Technically it was not his fault as it is because he has a fan club whose members make up the majority of female students in this school. So they know you're Selina Hua, the Lady Number 2 who always fights with Arthur."

*Jleb…*

"Ugh… Can you please not bring up THAT name in front of me?" Selina pouted.

"Hahahaha… Sorry." Alexa laughed lightly while gently patting Selina's arm she was embracing.

Exactly at 10.00 AM at one of Gaia Temple in the school area, all of the second-year students assembled for the Ceremony. There was a stage with runes shaped into a circle printed on the floor. Waiting for them on that stage is the Headmaster of Seraphium Royal Academy, Robert Hugh Foster, and his Deputy Headmaster, Albus Zeus Wright which is also Class 1's Homeroom Teacher.

"Welcome back to our school, Seraphium Royal Academy for all of you second-year students. This morning we gather for your Signum Ceremony. The Signum Ceremony is conducted to find out your affinity with each Element. There are six Basic Elements, namely Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Light, and Darkness. The Ceremony is simple. When your name is called, please step on the stage and say this sentence 'simadi tis psychis mou' to activate the circle rune to know your affinity." Robert Hugh Forster makes speeches to all of his students.

"Follow after me, 'simadi tis psychis mou'," Headmaster Robert instructed.

"Simadi tis psychis mou." All students including Selina and other Class 1's members said after him.

"Good. Now we can begin your Signum Ceremony."

After the Headmaster's speeches are over, a tall man in his thirties advanced on stage and explained the order in which students were called. He is the Homeroom Teacher of Class 4 and is the one in charge of calling the name of the child who will be tested for his or her affinity with elements from Class 4. The Signum Ceremony began backward with Class 4 then Class 3, Class 2, and lastly Class 1 which is Selina's class.

A name is called to advance to the stage by Homeroom Teacher Class 4 which contains children who have C class where amount.

"Brianna Andrew."

When her name was called, a girl with ginger hair goes up to the stage with one nervous expression. She is standing in the middle of the circle of runes then said the magic sentence.

"Simadi tis psychis mou."

The circle of runes then lights up like an LED's light. Afterward, the girl glows red, a sign of affinity with Fire Element. After that the light from the circle becomes dim. This scene repeats itself with different children and glow of red, blue, light green, and copper brown from the children's body. Blue means affinity with Water Element, light green means affinity with Wind Element, and copper brown means affinity with Earth Element.

After the turn of Class 4 is Class 3's turn which also contains children with C class mana amount. Then it is Class 2's turn. Sometimes there are children with two affinities from Class 2 which consist of children with B class mana amount.

The last to be called is class 1. Alexa as the one with number one in our class roll call is called and headed to the stage with confidence. Though Selina knows she is a bit nervous inside after one year of knowing her.

"Simadi tis psychis mou," when Alexa uttered the words, the circle of runes lights up, followed by an intense glow from Alexa's body in the color of blue means Water Element and copper brown means Earth Element.

"Congratulations Alexa, you have dual affinities. Practice hard so you can use Advance Element." Teacher Albus said to Alexa.

"Thank you, Teacher Albus. I will train hard."

The intensity of the glow is different according to the children's mana amount. The higher the intensity of the glow means the child's mana amount is high, and vice versa.

After Alexa does her Signum Ceremony, she comes back to Class 1 row of seats.

"Congratulations Alex, now you have the chance to learn Advance Element. Honestly, I'm a little jealous of you right now." Selina said after hugging Alexa.

"Ehehehe… You don't have to. Maybe you will have dual or even triple affinities later."

"I hope so," Selina muttered to herself.

Their chat stopped when Prince Daniel's name was called by Teacher Albus.

"Daniel Zephyros Grand."

Then Selina looks at Daniel and encourages him by clenched one of her hands and whispered 'good luck.' Alexa also does the same thing. Daniel only nodded and lightly smiled at their encouragement. Daniel got on the stage with steps that were neither too fast nor too slow. After he stands in the middle of the circle and said the sentence, the thing that happened to Alexa also happened to him. The only difference is that he glows in red and light green color, indicating that he has affinities with Fire and Wind Elements. Just like that, the rest of Class 1's members also called to go to the stage. Jackson Ragurd has affinities with Wind and Fire Elements while Christian has affinities with Wind and Water Elements.

After Christian's turn, it was Arthur's. Wearing a plain white shirt and pants can't cover his gorgeous charm, Selina admits that. But it doesn't mean she likes him like the majority of the female population in school. When he goes to the stage, you can hear one chorus of squeal and scream from female students.

Selina sweatdrops at the scene as it reminded her of meet and greet idols event in her past life.

"Ck… Ck… Ck… To think I can see something like this in this world too." Selina whispered to herself.

"Simadi tis psychis mou," Arthur said the required sentence with confidence.

The circle of runes lights up and Arthur's body glows intensely in the color red, then copper brown, and lastly black. Selina can hear people murmured 'triple affinities,' 'very rare,' 'genius' and etcetera. Truthfully Selina feels inferior to Arthur. Even though she already worked so hard to be the top scorer, she still loses to him. Her soul and mind are in teens but she still loses her composure when face to face with him. It makes her inferiority complex increase. Especially now that Arthur has triple affinities with elements.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me you are scared now." Arthur said while smirking at Selina after returning from the stage.

"Wha… what did you just say? Who is scared? Mind your own business, you idiot womanizer!"

"Selina Hua," Selina heard Teacher Albus's voice called her name.

Selina advanced to the stage at a brisk pace, her head filled with scorn that Arthur had just said.

"Selina, please go to the center of the circle and say the required sentence." Teacher Albus gave instructions to Selina.

Selina nodded her head as a sign of understanding to Teacher Albus. Afterward, she stands exactly in the middle of the circle. Taking a deep breath, Selina said her sentence.

"Simadi tis psychis mou!"

Just like everyone else's, the circle's light up, and an intense glow came out of Selina's body in the color blue that Selina was forced to close her eyes. The glow then changed to light green then changed again to white. As the glow slowly become dim, Selina opened her eyes. Only then that she discovered something on her must go wrong as many people began pointing their finger at her.

"Is something wrong with me, Teacher Albus?" Selina decided to ask her Homeroom teacher.

"Do you remember what I told you about two signs of people with S class mana amount? Arthur is the example of the first case and now you're included in the second case. Your hair and eyes have changed color. Even your eyebrows too."

25